Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.

Go down 
+14
killerofchicken
OU
SOKO
jimbojones1950
LA
Birdofthad
Andrew the Raider King
chorky777
MMAEYES
captain organic
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
mannyfresh
Wolfgangsta
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Someone's noob is showing. The legal supplements walk a fine line. Sean Sherk was innocent and proved his case, but the CASC would only cut his suspension in half to save face. The commissioner left in disgrace last year. A "natural steroid" makes it more likely he didn't take anything illegal.

But these athletes all know they're walking that fine line gambling with a small chance it could trip the roid tests off. So some responsibility does lie with them. I just don't think Sonnen would have juiced and said all the shit he said. This smells fishy.

LOL you're just being silly. With all the lying athletes out there today. With all the deny, deny, deny, OK maybe I did it BS that happens all the time. Sorry but I don't have to say innocent until proven guilty, I'm not sitting on a jury. I'm going to call it like I see it. This guy has lied in the past, this guy has made a career on lying to promote fights. GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:49 pm

This thread hit the shitter.

I'm thinking this whole Sonnen thing can turn out to be nothing serious, or atleast nothing with intent.

Like i said, the guy had a stomach virus leading up towards the fight. If what he took can be found in over the counter medicine or supplements..i think it's possible. Look up steriods ad flu medicine. When you take medicine for a bad flu chances are you are taking some sort of steroid that shows up in a drug test...or atleast a CSAC drug test.

Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Let the excuses begin, and not just from the nut either. I think he had the Flu ready to go before the fight, as he mentioned before the fight, as a backup excuse for this.

Fuck Chael Sonnen

Liar, cheater, hypocrite, bush league and just in general a egomaniac douche bag.

The best part of UFN 22: Camera pans audience, Sonnen is annoying Tapout! crew. Sonnen opens mouth "Is that thing on because I got something to say to ....." Camera cuts away. Production is then a victory.

Commission said he was busted for Natural Steroids, yeah those are still steroids, still illegal to use in sanctioned competition. Maybe he didn't know right? Maybe but a guy who has fought professionally at the world level in wrestling and MMA for the better part of 10 years has no care or worry about banned substances right? okay. Natural steroids are commonly used a method of enducing the body to create more activity in adrenal glands for better proficiency sports and exercise.

This really couldn't be better in way. For all of the air and noise pollution about how much better he is in so many he ways, he wasn't better and in spite of his roids was still forced to quit. The rematch he had no right to is definitely canceled now. Being forced to quit by your opponent is the furthest thing away from being deserving of a rematch.

I can work with that if true biggest fucking hypocrite period.

Chael, you deserve to get the ball cancer, but you don't deserve a fortunate battle and outcome like the man you ridiculed based on your assumptions then proceeded to lie about to the world. You don't deserve to waste time and air with your words or planted question-askers in the audience at UFC events. You don't get to talk your way into anymore matches you don't deserve.

I know he won't get cut because of dollars. I would fully cut this guy. I unfairly think he should be held to a higher standard for being a higher level of douche. Send a message. This guy and his WWE microphone shtick and his WWE roid training are bush league and don't have a place among the pros in the UFC. He is very fitting as a politician sadly though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
This thread hit the shitter.

I'm thinking this whole Sonnen thing can turn out to be nothing serious, or atleast nothing with intent.

Like i said, the guy had a stomach virus leading up towards the fight. If what he took can be found in over the counter medicine or supplements..i think it's possible. Look up steriods ad flu medicine. When you take medicine for a bad flu chances are you are taking some sort of steroid that shows up in a drug test...or atleast a CSAC drug test.

Yea but all that fall under the category of things a fighter and trainer should already know. You know what you can and can't take around fight time, you know the risk of taking certain things. It may not have been "intentional" but it was probably still a mistake by Sonnen and his camp.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:59 pm

I agree, it's still a mistake by Sonnen and camp but chances are it had no effect on Sonnen's performance and can't really be considered cheating IF that is in fact the case.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:01 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I agree, it's still a mistake by Sonnen and camp but chances are it had no effect on Sonnen's performance and can't really be considered cheating IF that is in fact the case.

You're right there, it can just be a bone head move by him and his camp. Either way it is no excuse for an athlete fighting for the title.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm

CSAC and the organizations who contract fighters have done extensive outreach to fighters and their camps to disclose all of their nutrient intakes like supplements and medicine for ailments so consideration can be taken for likely test triggers. Everyone knows how it works. Fighters in California are under identical scrutiny as Olympic athletes and NFL football players.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Well, it didn't take long..

Chael responds to reports of failed drug test:

"That was not me who took that test. It was clearly some Spanish guy. Chael Sonnen does NOT do that!!"
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Look, I hope Chael is innocent and I agree there is a serious problem with what does and doesn't trip a test. However, the UFC and the various State Athletic Commissions send out list of everything that they know will trip a test. Here is where trouble comes into paradise. Have you seen that fucking list? It makes 'War and Peace' look like a handout leaflet to a titty bar in Vegas! Who the fuck can keep up with that?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Look, I hope Chael is innocent and I agree there is a serious problem with what does and doesn't trip a test. However, the UFC and the various State Athletic Commissions send out list of everything that they know will trip a test. Here is where trouble comes into paradise. Have you seen that fucking list? It makes 'War and Peace' look like a handout leaflet to a titty bar in Vegas! Who the fuck can keep up with that?

People's whose job depends on it. If your job is to be the nutritionist for a professional athlete, you damn well better know what may or may not be on the list. You have to check everything before it is given to an athlete, that's their job.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:40 pm

blah blah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
blah blah.

Are you defending him or just holding out until all the details come out?

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 pm

Flu medicine?

Yeah and Manny Ramirez mistakenly took his wife's fertility drugs.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:10 pm

captain organic wrote:
Flu medicine?

Yeah and Manny Ramirez mistakenly took his wife's fertility drugs.

Not a stretch at all really. Like I said earlier, it just happened to someone on the Bengals a few weeks ago
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Must have been some good flu medicine.

I think we call agree that was the best performance of Chael's career.

His performance looked enhanced to me.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:27 am

Chael reportedly told the CSAC executive director that he might test postive? I can't even begin to figure out what that means. If he was using a banned substance why the fuck would he want to point that out before the fight instead of trying to get away with it?

http://www.cagepotato.com/sonnen-told-csac-officials-he-might-piss-hot-steroids-his-pre-fight-drug-test-yet-they-still-let-fig

Quote :
Here's what CSAC executive director George Dodd told Gross went down the day before Sonnen's career defining fight with Anderson Silva.
"He only indicated that he was taking it but he never indicated why," Dodd said of a conversation he and Sonnen shared during drug testing conducted by the state a day prior to the fight. Sonnen "just let me know he was taking [something] and that's when I called over an inspector to get it documented. But when you do take it you still have to show a medical reason."
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:48 am

That cage patato article is awful. It's still not known what he was taking or why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:24 am

Has Dana responded to this news yet ?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:34 am

Only that if the end result was that Chael was taking an illegal substance that helped him the CSAC would be responsible for his punishment and the UFC wouldn't add any additional fines on top of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:56 am

So that's a no then.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:33 am

Wolf you can't defend this:
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/9/20/1700823/did-chael-sonnen-know-hed-fail-the
Sonnen, 33, of West Lind, Ore., was apparently concerned enough about the possibility that he would render a positive test that he told CSAC executive director George Dodd he used an illegal performance enhancing drug leading up to the biggest fight of his life.

"He only indicated that he was taking it but he never indicated why," Dodd said of a conversation he and Sonnen shared during drug testing conducted by the state a day prior to the fight.

Sonnen "just let me know he was taking [something] and that's when I called over an inspector to get it documented. But when you do take it you still have to show a medical reason."

Though Sonnen mentioned using an illegal substance, the veteran mixed martial artist failed to note it on a pre-fight questionnaire with commission doctors or provide documentation about the use of testosterone in a medical context, according to Dodd.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20727/ask-the-fight-doc-what-couldve-caused-elevated-testosterone-levels-in-sonnens-test.mma
Chael Sonnen failed his UFC 117 drug test due to elevated testosterone levels that were "well above" normal, California State Athletic Commission Executive Director George Dodd told MMAjunkie.com on Monday.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:55 am

I seriously hope this coward hides and is never heard from again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:59 am

Quote :
If Sonnen chooses not to appeal the test results, Dodd said, he will be suspended until Sept. 2, 2011, and will face a $2,500 fine.

Is it me or is that one feeble punishment ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next