Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California

Go down 
+9
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
JerseyStyle
captain organic
KingsOwn19
josh200612
bobbitt15
Primetyme199
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

"Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California Empty
PostSubject: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:22 pm

A very major development in the world of women's mixed martial arts as the suspicions of many appear to have been confirmed. The state of California has released a press release stating that Cristiane Santos, better known as "Cyborg" has tested positive for steroids.

From the release:

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has suspended the license of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Cristiane Justino Santos, better known in MMA circles as Cris Cyborg, and has fined her $2,500 as the result of a positive test for a banned substance.

Santos' December 16, 2011 drug test came back positive for stanozolol metabolites. CSAC learned of the test results December 23, 2011 and suspended Santos's license, with the suspension applied retroactively to December 16, 2011. In accordance with Rule 368, the result of her last fight between Hiroko Yamanaka will be changed to a "No Decision".

Full press release:

CALIFORNIA STATE ATHLETIC COMMISSION SUSPENDS LICENSE OF FIGHTER CRISTIANE JUSTINO SANTOS - a.k.a. CRIS CYBORG

Mixed Martial Arts fighter tested positive for anabolic steroid in December 16, 2011 test

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has suspended the license of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter Cristiane Justino Santos, better known in MMA circles as Cris Cyborg, and has fined her $2,500 as the result of a positive test for a banned substance.

Santos' December 16, 2011 drug test came back positive for stanozolol metabolites. CSAC learned of the test results December 23, 2011 and suspended Santos's license, with the suspension applied retroactively to December 16, 2011. In accordance with Rule 368, the result of her last fight between Hiroko Yamanaka will be changed to a "No Decision".

"Our primary concern is for the health and safety of fighters," said CSAC Executive Officer George Dodd. "Anabolic agents and other banned substances put not only the users of those agents at risk, but their opponents as well. The commission simply will not tolerate their use."

The use of certain substances, including anabolic steroids, is prohibited under the Commission's regulations, and CSAC has among the toughest drug testing standards of any Athletic Commission in the country. It is the only commission that requires urine samples to be taken in the presence of a commission representative prior to a bout.

Santos's provision of a urine sample was observed by a CSAC representative and the sample was sent to the World Anti-doping Agency test facility at the University of California, Los Angeles. Santos has the right to appeal the suspension of her license.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Lol, that's a shocker Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:31 pm

She would test positive for a dick too if they would do a full body scan
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:37 pm

We all knew this no surprises here.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:50 pm

That's a shame considering she is the top womens fighter.

She is still the best womens fighter though.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Not at all surprising, but this is more of a story then a guy getting busted. Cause plenty of guys are doing roids. I don't know if alot of girls are. Id think it's much much less of a %.

And Cyborg outphysicalled every opponent she has ever faced. I don't think it was ever about skill with her. It was always just pure physicallity.

Pretty lame. I could now care less if she ever fought again. Girls have a legit reason to never want to fight her.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Carano still undefeated and the rightful queen of 145
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:57 pm

I disagree. She outskilled Carano and Coenen as well as "outphysicalled" them. Cyborg as a striker and a grappler is well ahead of the other girls. Let's keep in mind that she has passed several drug test before....but she did look more jacked than usual for her last fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:58 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

I don't remember Cyborg testing positive for that fight...in california
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:58 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

It's bullshit when a persons career is destroyed by a roid cheater.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:02 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I disagree. She outskilled Carano and Coenen as well as "outphysicalled" them. Cyborg as a striker and a grappler is well ahead of the other girls. Let's keep in mind that she has passed several drug test before....but she did look more jacked than usual for her last fight.

dude everything about here screams roids. Just look at that freaking chin of hers. Just cause she has been able to test clean does not mean she actually is clean. What after completely dominating the entire women's field, did she all of a sudden feel as though she needed a little extra?

And it's impossible to decipher what is skill, and what is quickness, power, intimidation over a opponent who quickly realizes this girl is a man. Carano did real well for 3 minutes, but then Cyborg's physical nature came through.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:04 pm

freakzilla wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

True, that fight ended Carano's desire to fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:05 pm

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

dude everything about here screams roids. Just look at that freaking chin of hers. Just cause she has been able to test clean does not mean she actually is clean. What after completely dominating the entire women's field, did she all of a sudden feel as though she needed a little extra?

And it's impossible to decipher what is skill, and what is quickness, power, intimidation over a opponent who quickly realizes this girl is a man. Carano did real well for 3 minutes, but then Cyborg's physical nature came through.

That's the most confusing part to me, if this was truly the first time she did this which I doubt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:05 pm

captain organic wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

True, that fight ended Carano's desire to fight.

And a lot of her commercial appeal which cost her a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Well, she was inactive for about 18 months. Maybe she did look for a little extra.

Cyborg was more cut when she fought Carano and Coenen but not as bulky as she was in this last fight. I just looked at the weigh in pictures from the Carano fight and she looked different then as she does now...physically.

People overreact to steroids yet again. You get popped once you were using them all along and it it means you were never good in the first place.

and what do you mean Cyborg's physical nature came through? you mean punching Carano in the face? yeah...thats all it was.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:10 pm

This is horrible for womens MMA though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:11 pm

The steroids would have given her much more power in her punches which would have hurt Gina much more.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Well once she gives up the sauce , she should have no problem making 135#
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:45 pm

You guys know I took a cycle a few months back. Since then I have not worked out and haven't felt like doing it at all. When I was taking the sustanon and dianabol I know for a fact it gave me an edge in every way. I had energy I had never felt and could workout way more. It even helped me mentally imo. I was working out for about a month before I started taking it also. I could tell a difference in energy and strength pretty soon. Not to mention I was getting ripped. Now I just have a lil extra weight left over.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:46 pm

So does she lose her title to the Japanese chick?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:52 pm

It's a NC....she keeps the title. I'm sure they'll nix the division considering she was the only one and she'll be out for a year and some change...unless one Gina Carano comes back.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 pm

freakzilla wrote:
The steroids would have given her much more power in her punches which would have hurt Gina much more.

quicker more powerful punches. How could anyone even question that it would make a difference?

Sorry Kings evidence clearly shows roids give athletes a HUGE edge.

It is why they take them.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:05 pm

she's a man baby
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:57 pm

captain organic wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

quicker more powerful punches. How could anyone even question that it would make a difference?

Sorry Kings evidence clearly shows roids give athletes a HUGE edge.

It is why they take them.

Seems ridiculous to discredit fights where she did not test postive. That is my problem with the steroids witch hunt all these years. I have never questioned that steroids give an athlete an edge. My problem is with how they are written off as being only good because of them afterwards and since they were caught once, they must have always used them. Now we are saying Cyborg was all force and no skill. I disagree with that, she is very skilled all around...she is the only complete fighter in WMMA disregarding her training.

Capt, you have spoken respectful of Cyborg as a fighter all up until today. Now we are taking the ignorant "just look at her" approach from fights from a couple years ago and acting like she is not good without steroids because she tested postive from her last fight which came off an 18 month layoff and she does look bigger now then she did in her first 2-3 SF fights, even bigger than the Cuddles fight. I thought so. If just looking at her is enough, why didnt you say it back then? if it's not enough, why is one bad test enough to assume they had always used steroids?

I never argued the edge...but you guys are now using the edge steroids have in analyzing the Cyborg-Carano fight from 2009 as if it's a given Cyborg was juicing when it can't be proven that Cyborg was juicing anymore than it can be proven that Gina Carano wasnt juicing. Where is the evidence in that? "Just look" is inadmissable whether you are talking about a male or female athlete and one positive test from a couple years later does not prove that she has been using all along..and i doubt Cyborg will come back significantly less bulky than she ever has been.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Cyborg beat Gina down and she is still the best. I'm not discrediting her at all. Steroids just made her a tad more vicious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California   "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California Empty

Back to top Go down

"Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive for Anabolic Steroids in California
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next