Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.

Go down 
+14
killerofchicken
OU
SOKO
jimbojones1950
LA
Birdofthad
Andrew the Raider King
chorky777
MMAEYES
captain organic
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
mannyfresh
Wolfgangsta
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:15 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Something tells me this is all going to go away and Sonnen will end up not being in much trouble.

even though in 3 days his title shot has been taken away

wolfys in the dark on this 1
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:17 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Something tells me this is all going to go away and Sonnen will end up not being in much trouble.

even though in 3 days his title shot has been taken away

wolfys in the dark on this 1

This eventually going away and turning out to be nothing isn't exclusive of the damage it's already done. But something just doesn't seem right about this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 am

So how come the Fedor Barnett fight was called off, yet this one was allowed to happen?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:54 am

captain organic wrote:
So how come the Fedor Barnett fight was called off, yet this one was allowed to happen?

Barnett failed a pre-fight test and Sonnen failed a POST fight test.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:59 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

ah, so he passed his pre-fight then? even more suspicsious as the flu excuse seems less reasonable.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 am

"He told me that he was taking something and I informed my inspector to get with him and make sure we mark it down on our sheet that we use for drug testing, and then we moved forward with the drug testing," Dodd said. "I don't recall if he actually informed me what he was taking. ...I don't recall if he did or didn't. He might've, but we were doing a lot of drug testing that night. He may have."

How sketchy is this comment? I mean, yeah there were alot of fights that night, but wouldn't the guy fighting in the main event who admitted to taking "something" stand out, just a bit?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 am

captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

ah, so he passed his pre-fight then? even more suspicsious as the flu excuse seems less reasonable.

I don't think every fighter gets both a pre and post test. I'm not sure. I'm assuming he was only given a post test since I haven't heard a thing about him passing and then failing. What also might be a factor is Barnett tested positive before so I think the testing on him is a bit more strict/more often.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:34 pm

I think if Sonnen took and passed a pre-fight test, it would be well known considering what's happening now.

The CSAC will now conduct steroid testing with one of two World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) labs in the country at the University of California, Los Angeles. In early November, the CSAC became its exclusive client for combat sports testing. Among other clients, the UCLA lab currently handles steroid testing for the NFL, NCAA, and the U.S. Olympic Team.

Something about this makes me think that California is now the hardest state for any athlete to get away with cheating via steroids. They had to revamp after teh circus shit with Sherk and Silva. Not saying it means Sonnen was roided in his fights with Nate and Okami but I am implying that it could of possibly been easier to do so.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Barnett failed a pre-license test.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

so muh for your inner thoughts muhha
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm

CSAC was corrupt as hell w/the previous director - Armando Garcia

Dodd was selected in Feb of this year

Seems like his doing his best to clean things up and keep it that way

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.   Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen tests positive for PEDs at UFC 117.
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6