Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SF Thoughts:

Go down 
+8
jimbojones1950
OU
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
Primetyme199
Birdofthad
Ludo
LA
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

SF Thoughts: - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:11 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
And I also thought Josh Barnett's in-cage Pro Wrestling promo after the fight was great. Cheesy sure but it hit in the right way.

See I thought it was horrific. I hated it very much. I don't want to see that kind of shit, it was just a reminder of the douche that Barnett is.

He was messing around, come on, you'd rather deal with the Diaz bros antics and a LHW phony though? Go figure.

I'd rather Barnett get shot in the face. If he wants to be a pro wrestler, let him go. But seeing that douche get into character in the middle of the cage after a fight makes me sick. If no one ever does anything remotely close to that ever again after a MMA fight, I'll be happy. Next time I hope he dies.

You serious? Man total harsh overreact. He was having some fun.. MMA could use another character and Pro Wrestling is part of Barnett anyways. I think he still does gigs in Japan. I didn't see anything wrong with it, it's not like he isn't a legit top fighter at the same time. And still Diaz's bullshit he's pulled or Bones acting so phony isn't any better.

haha for real tho, you can't say anything about Barnett if you're a Diaz supporter lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:12 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
And I also thought Josh Barnett's in-cage Pro Wrestling promo after the fight was great. Cheesy sure but it hit in the right way.

See I thought it was horrific. I hated it very much. I don't want to see that kind of shit, it was just a reminder of the douche that Barnett is.

He was messing around, come on, you'd rather deal with the Diaz bros antics and a LHW phony though? Go figure.

I'd rather Barnett get shot in the face. If he wants to be a pro wrestler, let him go. But seeing that douche get into character in the middle of the cage after a fight makes me sick. If no one ever does anything remotely close to that ever again after a MMA fight, I'll be happy. Next time I hope he dies.

You serious? Man total harsh overreact. He was having some fun.. MMA could use another character and Pro Wrestling is part of Barnett anyways. I think he still does gigs in Japan. I didn't see anything wrong with it, it's not like he isn't a legit top fighter at the same time. And still Diaz's bullshit he's pulled or Bones acting so phony isn't any better.

Yes it was a harsh overreact, but that was intentional. Jones and Diaz are natural douche's, they don't have to create some character in the cage and grab the mic for a speech. If he wants to be a pro wrestler, more power to him. But doing that in a MMA cage should be punishable by death. I hope he dies.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Was there a sale on hateraid?

I honestly thought it was awesome though, he's a real fighter and talented one who's got some Pro Wrestling in him, not a big deal to me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:26 pm

LA wrote:

I honestly thought it was awesome though, he's a real fighter and talented one who's got some Pro Wrestling in him, not a big deal to me.

Ehhh I doubt anyone breathing would miss the guy. It was the single most annoying thing I have seen in MMA since Da Spida did the Tito post fight bury dance/gayness/gesture.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Oh well, these things happen sometimes in MMA
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 pm

LA wrote:

i also thought it was awesome! especially how we grabbed the mike from Gusso
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:38 pm

I got Daley then Diaz's starting fights after fights BS far over this.

Barnett was pure comedy.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:39 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
LA wrote:

i also thought it was awesome! especially how we grabbed the mike from Gusso

Yeah I was laughing my ass off.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Very few people could successfully pull off something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:45 pm

I hope he test positive....just saying.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:46 pm

I think Josh is pumped to be back on the big stage in the States, basically in SF/UFC/Zuffa. You can just see it in him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:51 pm

LA wrote:
I think Josh is pumped to be back on the big stage in the States, basically in SF/UFC/Zuffa. You can just see it in him.

All I see is an arrogant douche bag who I would bet gets in some kind of trouble again before his career is over. He wants to be the heel because he has no other option. Atleast he is smart enough to realize that, I'll give him that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 pm

He isn't really acting heelish though, the crowd was loving that speech.

Eh, you hate em, I get it...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Not so sure about the new nickname though

SF Thoughts: - Page 3 Warmas10
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah not the best.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I dig it. It is a Bolt Thrower reference, a band he has been coming out to during entrances for years.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Unfortunately as this thread shows, the awesome nickname will blow over most casual and uninitiated heads.

Warmaster 666
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Guess you got to be Goth...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:43 pm

I totally didn't even think of that. That does change it I guess. Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:44 pm

LA wrote:

I only ever hear metal listeners referred to as "goths" by 12 year olds or white chicks with black kids, or white guys who call their friends "nigga" and aren't joking when they say it, typically.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Quote :
Josh Barnett has apparently taken a new nickname, one more befitting of his larger-than-life persona in the cage.

“You’re now looking at ‘The War Master,’ as dubbed by the band Bolt Thrower. I am he,” said Barnett (Pictured; file photo) Saturday in a post-fight video interview with Showtime Sports. “This is what happens when you get a name like ‘Babyface’ and you turn 33. That stuff has to take a backseat at some point.”

My guess was right.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:47 pm

I think I'm thinking of a different warmaster. Satanic warmaster?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:48 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think I'm thinking of a different warmaster. Satanic warmaster?

They suck and I doubt JB would listen to them too much. JB likes the traditional old school DM styles. Death, Bolt Thrower, etc.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LA wrote:

I only ever hear metal listeners referred to as "goths" by 12 year olds or white chicks with black kids, or white guys who call their friends "nigga" and aren't joking when they say it, typically.

No, just by those who aren't into that shit....I was joking to fuck with ya, but Goth it is.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:54 pm

You and no regret are becoming the same person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SF Thoughts:   SF Thoughts: - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

SF Thoughts:
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next