Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My 117 thoughts

Go down 
+3
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:19 am

I just knew Silva was going to pull it out in the 5th. I think that might be a FOTY candidate right there. Just for the shock and awe of watching Silva get the living piss beat out of him for 4 1/2 rounds and then just come up with such a clutch triangle. It didnt play out exactly like i called it...i did say Sonnen was not going to be able to go a full 5 rounds without his career long submissionproneitis flaring up but i definetly did not expect the amount of damage he was able to do from the top and obviously what he was able to do in the stand up. An immediate rematch won't draw a complaint from me but i'll take Silva there as well. That was Sonnen's best shot IMO and not really Anderson's. Great fight.

This fight does kind of make me look at a potential Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort fight differently, but Silva's ineffective stand up could be attributed to the threat of the takedown so we'll see.

Fitch-Alves went on as expected. Rogan kept harping on weight and yeah, thats one thing but Fitch is a terrible matchup for Alves. They fight 10 times. I pick Fitch 10 times. I think people wanted Alves to beat up Fitch so much that they ignored the fact that Alves CAN'T beat Jon Fitch.

Matt Hughes is still relevant in the big picture. That was a big time finish against a high level opponent. Matt Hughes vs. the winner of Shields/Kampmann makes sense if they are going through with Fitch getting the shot.

JDS vs. Nelson was good stuff. JDS takedown defense was excellent, and of course his striking. Still not sure if he showed if he would be able to handle Lesnar or Cain going for the takedown....but we know those guys don't want any of him standing. Too good. Nelson-Carwin will be good. Two guys going for the big shot. Nelson has an amazing chin, Carwin might cramp up again...i'm not counting out Nelson there.

Great PPV. I was hoping to attend the event but i could not find anybody else to go with me....but definetly worth the money to order. I thought it was better than 116..mostly because the main event even managed to top the drama of Carwin-Lesnar and the undercard was full of entertaining, yet relevant fights while the Lesnar/Carwin undercard was full of entertaining, but irrelevant fights for the most part.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 am

twilight blows
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:55 am

Birdofthad wrote:
twilight blows

silent
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:58 am

hahaha
Back to top Go down

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:06 am

Birdofthad wrote:
twilight blows

Was it as bad as I told you it would be?
Back to top Go down

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:09 am

Honestly I don't mind Twilight, I just focus on Ashley Greene's nude pics.

Fight of the year King really ? I suppose it showed a good range of the different aspects of MMA and had a last minute comeback.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:10 am

It was probably worse. My wife asked me if I wanted to go with her and my niece. I looked at her like she spoke a different language.
Back to top Go down

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:12 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
It was probably worse. My wife asked me if I wanted to go with her and my niece. I looked at her like she spoke a different language.

Yeah but she didn't ask you to go during a fight, did she ?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:12 am

My thoughts: I'm done with MMA for awhile. Not sure I've ever been this devastated after a fight boxing or MMA
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:17 am

Korean Zombie will beat you down with the help of Leonard Garcia!
Back to top Go down

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:18 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
My thoughts: I'm done with MMA for awhile. Not sure I've ever been this devastated after a fight boxing or MMA

Don't overreact bobbit, Sonnen could possibly win the rematch.

Your favorite fighters or the guy you root for can't win every time, it happens.
Back to top Go down

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:20 am

He's just upset I knocked him out in the pick em' grand prix.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Your favorite fighters or the guy you root for can't win every time, it happens.

There is no overreaction, I just don't give a shit about talking about future matchups right now. See everybody around 118 I guess
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:29 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

There is no overreaction, I just don't give a shit about talking about future matchups right now. See everybody around 118 I guess

If it means anything I am glad Chael got this shot even if Vitor wasn't hurt. I hope he gets a rematch too.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:30 am

I mean Shell
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:34 am

freak it was awful but worht it
Back to top Go down

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:36 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

You know I was just on an adrenaline rush earlier, I apologize if I was a dick.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:36 am

Good post kings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just knew Silva was going to pull it out in the 5th. I think that might be a FOTY candidate right there. Just for the shock and awe of watching Silva get the living piss beat out of him for 4 1/2 rounds and then just come up with such a clutch triangle. It didnt play out exactly like i called it...i did say Sonnen was not going to be able to go a full 5 rounds without his career long submissionproneitis flaring up but i definetly did not expect the amount of damage he was able to do from the top and obviously what he was able to do in the stand up. An immediate rematch won't draw a complaint from me but i'll take Silva there as well. That was Sonnen's best shot IMO and not really Anderson's. Great fight.

Awesome, legendary comeback. But ultimately it left an after taste in my mouth. If Chael had come through on all the smacktalk that would have been the stuff of greater more epic legends. MMA would have been a lead Sportscenter story. Consolation though I take is referencing this fight along with the Werdum and even Lesnar bouts as evidence that BJJ death at the highest level have been greatly exaggerated.

This fight does kind of make me look at a potential Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort fight differently, but Silva's ineffective stand up could be attributed to the threat of the takedown so we'll see.

Anderson has slowed I believe, and that bodes ill if Belfort is as fast as he traditionally has been - by far the fastest puncher Silva has faced.

Fitch-Alves went on as expected. Rogan kept harping on weight and yeah, thats one thing but Fitch is a terrible matchup for Alves. They fight 10 times. I pick Fitch 10 times. I think people wanted Alves to beat up Fitch so much that they ignored the fact that Alves CAN'T beat Jon Fitch.

The Alves that shrugged off Koscheck wasn't this Alves. No way he would be. Ring rust is real. Alves should still consider bigger fights though. He's the same size as Akiyama. If he let his body grow he'd be a good sized fighter at 185.

Matt Hughes is still relevant in the big picture. That was a big time finish against a high level opponent. Matt Hughes vs. the winner of Shields/Kampmann makes sense if they are going through with Fitch getting the shot.

Good idea, but I'd like Hughes vs Serra if he can finish Lytle rematch to bid farewell to GSP at WW.

JDS vs. Nelson was good stuff. JDS takedown defense was excellent, and of course his striking. Still not sure if he showed if he would be able to handle Lesnar or Cain going for the takedown....but we know those guys don't want any of him standing. Too good. Nelson-Carwin will be good. Two guys going for the big shot. Nelson has an amazing chin, Carwin might cramp up again...i'm not counting out Nelson there.

Lesnar hasn't shown these unblockable takedowns, and Dos Santos hasn't been on his back hardly at all in six UFC fights. Chael Sonnen Lesnar is not. He becomes much more compelling against Lesnar. I thin Cain however could take him down much easier. If Thiago is JDS, than Koscheck is Lesnar, but Cain V is GSP/Fitch.

Nelson is not a significant underdog vs Carwin

Great PPV. I was hoping to attend the event but i could not find anybody else to go with me....but definetly worth the money to order. I thought it was better than 116..mostly because the main event even managed to top the drama of Carwin-Lesnar and the undercard was full of entertaining, yet relevant fights while the Lesnar/Carwin undercard was full of entertaining, but irrelevant fights for the most part.

Great event even if Chael didn't finally unseat him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:40 am

I gained respect for Roy tonight he's a very tough fat man. Cigano showed a flaw tonight, he was wide open for Roy's right hand, Cain could possibly exploit that.

I don't like Alves at Middleweight at all, he'll be undersized.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:44 am

He wouldn't be that undersized. Only monsters like Alan Belcher would dwarf him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:48 am

I consider Leben a small Middleweight and he's two inches taller than Alves. Yes he's a thick Welterweight but that doesn't translate into Middleweight success, his power could diminish once he moved up.

What he needs to do is change his diet and cut back on the weight training.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:04 pm

I love it. Pros don't talk shit. Sonnen went in and, surprising to me, did what he said he was going to. Unsurprising was that he once again got subbed from the guard, exactly how I called it via triangle, though the route to get there was crazy, Silva almost got TKO'd in there. I think Karma joined forces with Silva to defeat Chael for all of the obnoxious diarrhea flowing out of his mouth the past 4 months. Hopefully I don't have to hear this clown talk for a while. Now I can go back to being a true Anderson Silva hater and #1 Vitor believer.

Alves got Fitched, plain and simple. Someone needs to check the record books, 8 decisions in a row. To bad for Alves, I like seeing him in the octagon more. Maybe 185 will be good for him, I doubt it though. He needs to lose weight, like if he walks around at 210 or what ever, no he needs to walk around at 200. He effects himself physically and mentally with the weight shit. Jon Fitch, just already, .. I hop Kos wins in spite of your no team fight philosophy. Alves vs Hardy anyone?

Guida is going somewhere, oh wait.

Biggest shock of the night had to be Hughes KO punch then Sub. That was really surprising. What does this even do for the division? I don't think he has many favorable fights at the top. Oh well. Hughes is still top ten I'd say. Almedia better keep working and stay at 170. He flubbed but has more upside than an aging Hughes still.

Roy is cool, but the disparity between a top athlete in the division and himself was shown. He couldn't keep up with JDS at all. The big looper overhands were never going to get in. His vet and chin are all that kept him from being finished, and it was one or two shots away from being there a couple of times. JDS vs Cain is going to be the best HW fight eva. Eva!

Shock of the night runner up was that Strueve MMorecraft fight. NE's finest surprised me by owning Stru the first. Even more surprising was the finish though. I really wish Morecraft would of won it though, in a manner like his performance in the first. Did that guy look 6'8" though? He looked tiny. Compared to Stru.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

My 117 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 117 thoughts   My 117 thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

My 117 thoughts
Page 1 of 1