Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts after UFC 132

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Thoughts after UFC 132 Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts after UFC 132   Thoughts after UFC 132 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:59 am

here are some things I noticed during the fights last night.

Shane Roller has some of the slowest head movement I have ever seen, he does a good job of trying to move his head, he is just so damn slow while doing it. Made for easy picking for Guillard.

Where have you gone Wanderlei Silva, that wasn't you in the cage last night. I honestly got the feeling before the fight even started, that man, Wandy just isnt that huge, hungry beast anymore. Who is this guy smiling while doing a weird finger roll. Remember when he used to look like an Axe Murderer before the fight.

Tito Ortiz that mother fucker, good lord congrats to him

Demetrius Johnson? Brian Bowles? Joeseph Benavidez? Im sorry, I dont even think Cruz and Fber are Elite all time fighters, but they are miles ahead of the other top contenders in 135. Just let them fight a rematch. But honstly cant blame Cruz for wanting a different opponent after besting Faber in a good fight.

Dominick Cruz has huge holes in his game, he is just light years faster than Faber, When Faber hurt Cruz it was because he timed him. For all of Cruz's movement, he does one thing alot, he moves in (coming from the outside) drops his arms and dips his head while normally feinting or right before he throw s a shot. Faber timed him several times and Cruz did it the whole fight. Aldo would kill Cruz in my opinion, he would knee him when he does this, rewatch the fight, notice how many times Cruz moves directly into the kitchen with his hands down and his head looking at the canvas.

Also, Cruz has a bad habit of dropping his hands when he backs out of exchanges, someone bigger or faster than Faber could time him taking a step back with his hands down. I just dont know if this division has the talent to beat Cruzs speed, angles and arsenal.

Urijah Faber fought a good performance, but ultimately did not do enough to win the title. His knockdowns were inconclusive and for people arguieng that in boxing knockdowns give you points, its still not uncommon for a fighter to go down in a boxing bout and win the fight. (Klitschko v Peter, Pacquiao vs Marquez 1)
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts after UFC 132   Thoughts after UFC 132 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:32 am

I think Cruz has the edge on the rest of the competition because in addition to his speed and angles he fights long. He has a good jab and good enough kicks to keep someone on the outside until he wants to engage. I noticed Joe Rogan saying Cruz looked tired every so often even in the first round but I don't think it's that Cruz is tired, I think thats just how he "resets" so to speak. He bounces around and when it's time to get back into that rhythm he takes a breath and gets back into his stance. It could be a long time before we see someone take Cruz out. Faber cracked him about as good as anyone could and he couldn't ever capitalize on it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts after UFC 132   Thoughts after UFC 132 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:24 am

Ludo wrote:
I think Cruz has the edge on the rest of the competition because in addition to his speed and angles he fights long. He has a good jab and good enough kicks to keep someone on the outside until he wants to engage. I noticed Joe Rogan saying Cruz looked tired every so often even in the first round but I don't think it's that Cruz is tired, I think thats just how he "resets" so to speak. He bounces around and when it's time to get back into that rhythm he takes a breath and gets back into his stance. It could be a long time before we see someone take Cruz out. Faber cracked him about as good as anyone could and he couldn't ever capitalize on it.

zI think your right, although I do think he gassed a little in the 4th but ya i think the way he walks around kind of hufing and puffing looks worst than it is, he also had his nose bothering him last night so makes sense.

Good point on fighting long cause he does that impressively, although last night he used his jab less effectively than norma, but ill chalk that up to being against Faber
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts after UFC 132   Thoughts after UFC 132 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:04 am

I think he didn't use the Jab as much because Faber is so fast himself. He would have been slipping that jab from the get go if Dominick used it too often. After round one Dominick started to figure out he couldn't just land one punch and expect to have success like he did against Joe or Jorgensen. Thats when he really turned it up with those punch punch kick combos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts after UFC 132   Thoughts after UFC 132 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts after UFC 132
Page 1 of 1