Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My thoughts on ufc on fox 8

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

My thoughts on ufc on fox 8 Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts on ufc on fox 8   My thoughts on ufc on fox 8 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:52 pm

I got home just in time to catch Robbie's fight, I didn't record it cause I thought I'd be home in time, Robbie brought the pain like he always does I just felt like Joe was going overboard with the " it doesn't get much better at 170" and he said something about if Robbie fights like this he'll do well in the division. My thoughts were Robbie always fights like this what are you talking about? I mean the guy he beat fought him on 2 weeks notice right? It's not like he just destroyed a top guy Joe calm down

It's no secret that I can't stand Rory, although I can't deny his talent, the guy just makes me want to puke he's like gsps clone I know that's not very objective but who cares fuck that dude

and lastly I know I've missed some fights but did the opponent(cant remember his name) of mighty mouse deserve that title shot? That guy showed how green he was on the ground several times I mean mistakes you don't see in local shows, he gave up his guard repeatedly hell he even used a butterfly hook to put Johnson in his side control wtf?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ufc on fox 8   My thoughts on ufc on fox 8 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:33 pm

i guess he earned his shot. It doesnt take much atm with flyweight, He ran through a couple decent fighters. I thought he looked awful.

Lawler did what he's supposed to...Rogan overblows everything but he TKO over Koscheck shouldnt be ignored if we're going to ignore how he demolished a very durable guy in Voelker.

Rory isnt a GSP clone. He is nowhere near that level and Ellenberger is the reason the fight sucked.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ufc on fox 8   My thoughts on ufc on fox 8 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Lawler's win over Kos def shouldn't be ignored but his win last night again against a guy with just 2 weeks notice shouldn't be viewed as big slash in the division imo. And it might not be to anyone it just seemed like Joe was making that argument to me
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ufc on fox 8   My thoughts on ufc on fox 8 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Lawler doesn't always look like that. His last few fights in SF were lackadaisical and awful. He looks rejuvenated being back at 170 in the UFC
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ufc on fox 8   My thoughts on ufc on fox 8 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 pm

The undercard > the main card.

MM and Moraga was a fun fight I thought, both had a few good moments.  Would watch again.

I think yall have summed up Rory vs Ellenberger nicely already.  Disappointing.  It's on both guys though as far as entertainment lacking goes.  Neither has to do anything other then win, that was the bare minimum we got unfortunately from Rory, Jake seemed lost and just bad.  Rory was utterly unremarkable despite this. 

Classic Lawler, I can almost say that I have a little faith in the guy.

Andrade actually looked decent in the first round, nice win for Liz either way, she never seems to be in a an easy fight.

Masvidal Chiesa went as expected, though Chiesa came out better in the first then I thought he could striking, I had that a 10-10.  Didn't expect the choke but was not shocked, Masvidal is not great but beyond where Chiesa is easily.

I didn't have a score for Castillo vs Means, missed the last two rounds, but Castillo 10-9

Melvin, see what I said up there about Robbie.  Also a favorable matchup I thought.

Yves Edwards 29-28, sucks for him to lose on the cards.

I had Herman winning 30-27 but it was closer to Herman 30-28.5 I thought.  Unanimous decision, but not one sided, both guys brought it like their life depended on it.  as entertained as I've been by a  round a subsequent fight all year.  Bravo to both of them.  Booo to the judge that had it 30-27 Trevor.

Remandie vs Kedzie was nearly as disappointing as MacDonald vs Ellenberger, but actually a better fight.  Just didn't live up to the expectations though.

Average overall Event.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on ufc on fox 8   My thoughts on ufc on fox 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on ufc on fox 8
Page 1 of 1