Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My UFC 132 thoughts

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
cascade_run
timthebim
killerofchicken
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

My UFC 132 thoughts Empty
PostSubject: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:52 am

No

Bittersweet night. It was a great card. I give it an 8. For those in the chat who might of been distressed by my sudden absence...i went to the bars for the last 2 fights.

I want to get into the main event but i was so sickened by the co-main event...look, i know Chris Leben is a fan favorite and i know i'll get challenged for this but lets face it...This guy is nothing to write home about. Never fuckin has been and never fuckin will be. watching an all time great like Wanderlei Silva go down like that to the likes of Chris fuckin Leben made me want to vomit. Nothing to break down except this is likely the downfall of Wanderlei Silva. We knew he was a bit past his prime but he's about to enter shit territory unless this was a gross aberration. If early 2000's Wandy had a premonition of this bout...he would have likely stopped fighting. It was embarrasing. If Wandy come out like he did vs. Bisping and Franklin..he would have cruised to a W but he bought into the hype of the fight and damaged his reputation. Go home Wandy...i know he'll be back...but he's CroCop to me now. Every time he fights i'll be "this is the night Wandy makes up for being humiliated by Chris fuckin Leben" but in the back of my mind i know i'll be disappointed.

Good win for Chris Leben...too bad it will be MMAthmatical disaster for Wandy when Leben goes on to get smashed by nobody special just like always.

Now the main event. Let me note that i went to the bars for the last 2 fights with some friends. I can definetly stand to watch the main event again and this is my rough draft analysis. Great fight and i'll eat my crow. I'm not 100 percent Cruz was the better fighter but he was a much better fighter than i gave him credit for going in. I thought Faber was going to finish him...i thought it was dead heat(ten point must system thinking) going into the final round but i was 100 percent the judges had Cruz ahead for what i liked to call the Penn-Edgar I factor, the bounce in his step and all the shots he was THROWING(not landing) would do more for the judges than what Faber was doing. I'll have to watch it again but i felt Faber landed better shots. He hurt Cruz..Cruz never really hurt Faber. Cruz stifled a lot and he deserves credit and as i said, i'm not surprised he earned the decision knowing how judges view the fights in the states...and of course i'm not mad that Cruz got the decision. I didnt expect Faber to be unable to use top control the entire fight and Cruz was able to flip the script on him a few times.

I have to watch it again..but one thing i can say for sure right now..since he installed much of the same strategy it's not out of line to note Cruz's kicks arent shit to Jose Aldo's.

Great win for Tito Ortiz. I always thought Bader was a one dimensional sack of overrated but he is a good fighter, just not nearly what people thought he was(i could have told you that before he fought lil nog) but a win over him shows you still have a lot ot offer 205. This was a massive win for Ortiz and he's never been my favorite..but i'm happy for him.

Oh..and i called it. I miscalled the 2 main events..so I CALLED THIS ONE.

My boy Carlos Condit taking care of business with his most impressive performance yet. When Kim took him down i'm like "oh no, another Kim top control clinic" but when Condit impressively swept him so soon i knew this was going to end ugly for Kim. Very impressive. As much as i want Condit to get a shot..i still think he's a win away. Dan Hardy aint shit...Rory was a low key win(at the time) and Kim is a really nice win..but i think Condit vs. Penn or Condit vs. Fitch..make it happen. I'd say make it Penn vs. Condit since i doubt Penn is holding reservations for a title fight like Jon Fitch. Maybe Josh Koscheck as well.

Melvin looked great...but slow Shane Roller who does not set up his TDA well..come on. Instead of saying Melvin is still middle of the pack..i'll just say he'll never be UFC champion...but great KO.

Surprise knockout by dos Anjos. Didnt see that coming at all...though he could win the grappling game that i expected this fight would be but by KO..did not see that coming. Tough loss for George. His lack of stand up eventually hampered him.

That's all i saw. I didnt really watch Siver-Wiman to analyze..but judging by the crowd it sounded like it was some bullshit goin on.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:09 am

Im with you, Haye vs Klitschko mixed with TIto winning and Wandy dieng to Leben, yuck, get this shitty taste out of my mouth.

Cruz and Faber honestly, Im sorry, there good but I wont call either an elite fighter.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:11 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Im with you, Haye vs Klitschko mixed with TIto winning and Wandy dieng to Leben, yuck, get this shitty taste out of my mouth.

Cruz and Faber honestly, Im sorry, there good but I wont call either an elite fighter.

they are tops at 135, what more do they have to do?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:15 am

I think he means the 135 has not seen their Anderson Silva or GSP yet. I don't disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I think he means the 135 has not seen their Anderson Silva or GSP yet. I don't disagree.

This. I can't put either in my top 10 P4P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 am

Melvin and Condit impressed me the most. Also, Bader is using the wrong strategy. What's happened to his wrestling?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:39 am

I did feel sad for Wandi, but when you live by the sword that's what happens.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:59 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

thats exactly what i mean
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Woke up and felt a little bad about my rant on Wandy and Leben...a little hard on both of them...but that was harder to watch than CroCop going down to Gonzaga. Leben is a better MW than Zag is a HW, but still..not just Pride Wandy, but UFC Wandy of maybe no more than a year ago kills any version of Chris Leben.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:53 pm

freakzilla wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

This. I can't put either in my top 10 P4P.

I think Cruz is definitely a top 10 p4p guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:04 pm

We must not forget that Wanderlei hasn't fought in 17 months.

Cruz just beat Faber who isn't a top 20 p4p fighter so he doesn't make my top 10.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Condit impressive win, it seems like he has hit his stride and he wants to fight again this year, give him somone in the top three and if he wins give him the fight he wants.

Ortiz, I counted him out, I was ready for the excuses that were going to flow after he lost again, not this time, great gameplan or instincts, he said he wants Forrest V Shogun winner, if it is Shogun I think a losing streak we will once see again for him.

Leben is fucking crazy, you could tell by the countdown show he was ready for whatever, running that mountain, I think I would be dead by the 200th railroad tie, he is a great fighter when he is allowed to fight his game, and Wandy was tailor made for him, Wandy hit him with a good shot, but you got to hit him with consecutive punches and keep him off balance so he can't land the left.

Cruz may be an elite fighter, but his style was driving me fucking insane, and he was grunting or yelling whatever you want to call it like Monica Seles back in the day, I thought Faber landed the harder punches and even knocked him down with punches, not sure what that judge was watching 45-50, I thought whoever won the last round would win it, that movement Cruz has makes him elusive and won the last round for him, Faber at 135 is not as powerful as he used to be, people used to not get up when he took him down, I thought Cruz was actually the stronger fighter in that regard.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Oh no...Wandy just got called "tailor made". It's a sad day when Wandy is tailor made for ANYONE..let alone Chris Leben.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Not thinking Cruz is P4P is embarrassing to read. And no two divisions in this sport are as talented or loaded as BW is right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:35 pm

It's loaded with very good fighters but not the best of the best. Faber would barely be a top 5 guy at Featherweight these days. I think Rashad, Fitch and Shields are better than Cruz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Also, someone who ranks Carwin ahead of Lesnar and Henderson ahead of Pettis can't really argue about someone else's rankings.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:42 pm

This is all new to you so I guess I can understand where you're coming from.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 pm

So you are saying Cruz and Faber are better than Fitch, Penn, Evans and Shields?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Also how can Carwin be ahead of Brock when Brock beat him then Carwin got destroyed by JDS? and less than 7 months ago Pettis beat Henderson yet in your rankings Henderson is ahead of him?

I'm a big Faber fan also.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:18 pm

I would respond to freak but remember, he had never watched the WEC and said little guys all suck when the WEC was in the late 40s, and only recently ate his words. So as per usual he is a clueless dipshit with opinions he isn't qualified to have. No one discuss this further with him, maybe he'll leave. Take your BS to moeys place dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:31 pm

I still think Faber would be #2 at FW. He still has options..especially if Aldo moves up in weight. Not to mention i can see him getting another fight with Cruz with a couple wins.

I really don't care for the revolving door that is the p4p rankings, which is why i never vote. Could care less where Cruz stands.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:51 pm

especially because our rankings are pointless with ten fighters. Some order of the top seven champions, then a few at large contenders. No consensus on the best fighters in the sport can be formed. Don't bother voting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
especially because our rankings are pointless with ten fighters. Some order of the top seven champions, then a few at large contenders. No consensus on the best fighters in the sport can be formed. Don't bother voting.

I agree we should bump it to the P4P top 20 but we should still vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm a big Faber fan. The guy is talented and charismatic and it was a good win for Cruz but just because he holds a belt doesn't make him top 10. There is no shame in being a 11-15 guy P4P. I just rate Evans, Fitch, Shields and JDS as better fighters. Also Wolf, Aldo is a top 5 guy so take your insults and shove them up your ass.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Evans, Fitch, and Shields all have some bigger glaring weakness in their game than Cruz does. He's going to be a nightmare for anyone at 135
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My UFC 132 thoughts   My UFC 132 thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

My UFC 132 thoughts
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next