Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My thoughts on UFC 167

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
oggy420
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My thoughts on UFC 167 Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:07 am

OK so everyone knows I'm the biggest GSP fan here but he did not win that fight. I had it 48-47 for Johnny. Round 1 was close but Johnny just won it. GSP won rounds 3 and 5. The problem with GSP is that he bleeds and gets cut easily which makes it even worse on him. If Johnny had GSP's skin he'd be looking just as bad. Also GSP has not been the same fighter since his knee reconstruction and looked smaller now than he has been in ages.

Rashad Evans looked good but Chael wasn't 100% into it. I'd like to see Rashad fight Gus.

Rory McDonald is a moron. He gave the first round away thinking he'd easily win the next 2 rounds. How that was a split decision I'll never know.

Woodley with great power. Lucky for him the fight didn't make it into the later rounds or he would've lost.

Tim Elliott was really surprised that he lost that fight?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 am

Johnny Hendricks was robbed last night. That fight was not close. GSP did nothing to hurt Hendricks in that fight. A black eye to end what was a great night of fights overall. Those judges should be fired ASAP. Still the worst thing about MMA : Incompetent judges who have no business judging MMA fights screwing over another fighter, this time for the title.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:22 am

A fight where GSP clearly won 2 rounds and 2 others were almost dead even in significant strikes wasn't close?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:25 am

GSP clearly won 2 rounds, 3 and 5 so people saying it was the worst decision ever are even worse than the judges. Hendricks did win that fight but it was close. I guarantee you if it wasn't for GSP being an easy bleeder then the outrage wouldn't have been so severe.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:33 am

I mean I scored it for Hendricks 3-2 but GSP boxed his ears off at certain points in the fight and it was close. As I've already said though, I think GSP ignored his wrestling because he wanted to go out with an exciting fight and knew he was hanging them up after which makes me not really care as much. He'll come back now because things didn't go according to plan though
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:43 am

controlling the center of the octogan check

landing the only damaging strikes in the fight check

securing the only TD with substansial ground control check

I had JH 3-2 with GSP landing more but nothing that resembled controlling the action. I think GSP is better technically and won because of points but this isnt fencing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
controlling the center of the octogan check

landing the only damaging strikes in the fight check

securing the only TD with substansial ground control check

I had JH 3-2 with GSP landing more but nothing that resembled controlling the action.  I think GSP is better technically and won because of points but this isnt fencing
Unfortunately the sport has become the person who gets the most points wins. If they're going to have rounds then it shouldn't be scored on rounds. 3 judges just say who they thought won the fight at the end.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:24 pm

I agree with Johny

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:33 pm

The arrogance is starting to show more and more every time I see that prick.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:36 pm

I had it 48-47 hendricks but you'll see worse decisions than that at most ufc events.

The word robbery gets thrown around far too casually.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:36 pm

I had it 48-47 hendricks but you'll see worse decisions than that at most ufc events.

The word robbery gets thrown around far too casually.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Yeah I don't agree with words like 'robbery' in a 48-47 split decision where 1 round could really go either way. Was it the right decision? Not really, but the fight was far closer than some people are acting like it was. The rounds Johny won were much more established for Hendricks as the rounds GSP won were for GSP, but that doesn't mean it didn't all come down to how round 2 got judged.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Round 1 was close I gave it to Hendricks by a hair. 2 and 4 were for Johny, 3 and 5 for GSP. Simple as that. The decision didn't surprise me, didn't think it was terrible, just not the decision I would have awarded.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 4:09 pm

It reminded me of the machida/rua decision. People went on as if the decision had disgraced the sport of mma, but even though I thought rua won, only 2 rounds were clearly won.

The addage goes 'to be the champ you have to beat the champ' not 'to be the champ you have to edge the champ with some subjective scoring'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on UFC 167   My thoughts on UFC 167 Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on UFC 167
Page 1 of 1