Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What were your thoughts?

Go down 
+2
OU
NoRegret
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

What were your thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 10:53 am

on the Askren-Thomas fight?

I thought it was pretty shitty how the ref stopped that fight...the choke wasnt even locked in on Thomas.

Thomas got fucked on that one....I woulda nailed that ref in the face.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 10:58 am

yeah that was a BS stoppage for sure.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Atleast the Bellator commentators called it out and knew what they were talking about. It was bull.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:23 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Atleast the Bellator commentators called it out and knew what they were talking about. It was bull.

yeah they even interviewed him in the middle of the ring before interviewing the fighters. Thought that was cool. I did see in the replay that it appeared he did say something before he called the fight. The ref said he asked for a sign and didn't get one. But he clearly wasn't limp/out so I still don't understand.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:39 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

yeah they even interviewed him in the middle of the ring before interviewing the fighters. Thought that was cool. I did see in the replay that it appeared he did say something before he called the fight. The ref said he asked for a sign and didn't get one. But he clearly wasn't limp/out so I still don't understand.

The choke wasnt locked in either.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:55 pm

I thought the guy was asleep, he was most defineately in a odd contorted position, wether that hold was locked in or not.

Now it became obvious that he blew the call once the hold was released, and his major error may have merely been stopping it too early, but I'm can't get too upset about the call. He did error on the side of fighter safety, thus I give him a pass, but hopefully he(and all other refs) will learn from the experience.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Bad call, over protective decision. I could see how he might of thought he was out, but that doesn't make the outcome any better. At least let him take it two seconds longer or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:00 pm

captain organic wrote:
I thought the guy was asleep, he was most defineately in a odd contorted position, wether that hold was locked in or not.

Now it became obvious that he blew the call once the hold was released, and his major error may have merely been stopping it too early, but I'm can't get too upset about the call. He did error on the side of fighter safety, thus I give him a pass, but hopefully he(and all other refs) will learn from the experience.

You could see on the replay that the choke wasnt locked in at all...his forearm was around his collarbone almost...and the ref was right there on top of it...that was a horrible stoppage.

I would rather err on the side of safety too, but that was just a very very bad call lol
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:23 pm

only 2 people are at fault.

1. THe ref

2. Thomas, if a ref says give me something, do not curl up and do nothing

Askren has alotta work to do but I will root for him as long as he is with the Den
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
only 2 people are at fault.

1. THe ref

2. Thomas, if a ref says give me something, do not curl up and do nothing

Askren has alotta work to do but I will root for him as long as he is with the Den

He might not have been able to hear him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What were your thoughts?   What were your thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

What were your thoughts?
Page 1 of 1