Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Thoughts on 114

Go down 
+4
GDPofDRC
OU
Ludo
Birdofthad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Good card fun fights

Jason Brilz is on tough mo-fo, Lil Nog got a deserving win though IMO

Hats off to Dan Miller giving Bisping a good fight, fun fight

Todd Duffee can quit bitching about how he is portrayed cause he mightve just gotten knocked into "nobody cares" land for a while after that devastating KO. That didnt even look that great, hardest shot he took was his head hitting the floor. He was winning every minute and then that happened.

Luiz Cane got KTFO again

Did Melvin seriously knock that guy out with a knee to the solar plexus? That was cool

and finally the main event, good fight, entertaining, Rashad controlled it with his wrestling and Rampage couldnt seem to stay off the cage, minor upset, I thought Rampage would win by KO. Hope they run it back and have a rematch.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:48 pm

and oh man how could i forget Diego Sanchez getting his ass whipped
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:03 pm

also Diego Sanchez was fighting very stupid, virtually no jab whatsoever ad he was just trying to walkin and throw the left or walk in and shoot (how he ate that knee)

also Duffee was jabbing very good in the first round, a little bit in the 2nd and virtually none in the 3rd, I think that was a huge mistake
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Good card fun fights

Todd Duffee can quit bitching about how he is portrayed cause he mightve just gotten knocked into "nobody cares" land for a while after that devastating KO. That didnt even look that great, hardest shot he took was his head hitting the floor. He was winning every minute and then that happened.

Luiz Cane got KTFO again

Did Melvin seriously knock that guy out with a knee to the solar plexus? That was cool

and finally the main event, good fight, entertaining, Rashad controlled it with his wrestling and Rampage couldnt seem to stay off the cage, minor upset, I thought Rampage would win by KO. Hope they run it back and have a rematch.

What? They don't teach the importance of good conditioning at Dairy Queen?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:52 pm

hahhha that was funnny ludo
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:36 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Good card fun fights

Luiz Cane got KTFO again

Did you really think lil Nog won? I think Brilz got fucking robbed big time.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:52 am

I think he got robbed small time. I had it 29-28 for Brilz. Lil Nog had serious issues come down against him in the 1st and the 2nd, as much as Brilz had it against him in parts of the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:09 pm

I usually do one of these since I'm never in until the following Monday or Tuesday and don't like to wade through 2 pages of crap to resond to... Since I wasn't around all weekend and didn't see a single fight I'll agree with everything Bird said.

I am a bit shocked that Lil Nog "apparently" looked like shit. Brilz is tough, but Nog shouldn't have had this big of a problem with him. I'm surprised at how pedestrian Diego suddenly has become even though anyone paying attention knows Hathaway is a legit baddass. He will replace Bisping as the UK's biggest MMA star. Speaking of, I still hate Bisping and wish for permanent injury each time he step in a cage. Miller just wasn't the cat to make my dreams come true. I never thought anything of Duffee so I'm not shocked.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 pm

I felt Nog won the first and then pulled it out late. Close fight though.

I don't agree with those that felt the main event didn't live up to the hype. It was a great performance by Evans with a few huge jump out of your chair moments, especially when Rampage almost supplanted Russow for the best come from behind akward looking KO in MMA history on the same card.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:20 pm

I agree with Wolf about the main fight, I thought it was a good fight and so did everyone I watched it with. Was it the standup brawl it was hyped to be? No but it was still a good fight. Rampage's flurry in the 3rd really helped.

I disagree about Nog though, I felt Brilz did just enough to pull off the shocker.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:21 pm

+1 for Wolf
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:34 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Good card fun fights

Luiz Cane got KTFO again

What? They don't teach the importance of good conditioning at Dairy Queen?

his chin = soft serve
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:21 pm

I have to wonder if Brilz put together the fight of his life and will not be able to fight as well with other top class fighters.

Diego got schooled every way you can think of, it was like Hathaway knew what he was going to do before he did, that knee was wicked.

Bisping still does not sit down on his punches and shows that he can talk and fight middle of the road fighters, but when it comes to the elite or former elite, he still has a long way to go, would love to see him and Belcher

Cane needs to learn how to bob and weave and stop thinking he can walk through punches, and needs to learn how to finish again, he had Cyrille rocked and couldn't end it.

Russow, one lucky dude, big heart and kept playing even though he looked like he shouldn't

Rashad came out and almost ended it, not sure why he chose to grapple instead of throwing blows while he had him rocked, Rashad dances a lot and he won't be able to do that against Shogun, Rampage let him off the hook cause he missed almost all the shots in the third on the ground, Evans showed his growth by not just trying to take him down but dishing out some punishment as well.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:09 am

cascade_run wrote:
I have to wonder if Brilz put together the fight of his life and will not be able to fight as well with other top class fighters.

Diego got schooled every way you can think of, it was like Hathaway knew what he was going to do before he did, that knee was wicked.

Bisping still does not sit down on his punches and shows that he can talk and fight middle of the road fighters, but when it comes to the elite or former elite, he still has a long way to go, would love to see him and Belcher

Cane needs to learn how to bob and weave and stop thinking he can walk through punches, and needs to learn how to finish again, he had Cyrille rocked and couldn't end it.

Russow, one lucky dude, big heart and kept playing even though he looked like he shouldn't

Rashad came out and almost ended it, not sure why he chose to grapple instead of throwing blows while he had him rocked, Rashad dances a lot and he won't be able to do that against Shogun, Rampage let him off the hook cause he missed almost all the shots in the third on the ground, Evans showed his growth by not just trying to take him down but dishing out some punishment as well.

good take cascade

i agree and think (imo) Rampage not being able to follow up was another example of his timing being off
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:10 am

+1 to cascade when I get my votes back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Thoughts on 114 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Thoughts on 114   My Thoughts on 114 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts on 114
Page 1 of 1