Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship

Go down 
+11
MMAEYES
throwdownfight1
killerofchicken
LA
OU
gomez1012
KingsOwn19
Ludo
SOKO
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 am

boomer sooner wrote:
Besides whatever the commission says, Dana probably insists on paying the fighters first because I am sure in the past there have been scenarios where managers were paid first and then made off with the money. Then the fighter would come to the promoter and say, "where's my dough?" It makes sense to me to issue the checks in the fighter's names. The UFC contract is with the fighter, not the managers.

That is a reaching assumption here. Do think that is the issue here, where some of these guys have been happy being represented for over 10 years now by Golden Glory? The contract is with the fighter to fight, the fighter should have some liberty to choose the method of delivery regarding the compensation for their fighting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:49 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:
Besides whatever the commission says, Dana probably insists on paying the fighters first because I am sure in the past there have been scenarios where managers were paid first and then made off with the money. Then the fighter would come to the promoter and say, "where's my dough?" It makes sense to me to issue the checks in the fighter's names. The UFC contract is with the fighter, not the managers.

That is a reaching assumption here. Do think that is the issue here, where some of these guys have been happy being represented for over 10 years now by Golden Glory? The contract is with the fighter to fight, the fighter should have some liberty to choose the method of delivery regarding the compensation for their fighting.

It's probably a policy they've operated with for years to avoid said scenarios first and foremost. I'm sure they would be willing to play ball if it was with a team player, but GG is not that. THere's little history and their star screwed the SF tournament.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 am

boomer sooner wrote:
But finally, this situation was all about Overeem. I guarentee SF took his brother on at Alistair's request. Zuffa has made it clear that they don't care about women's MMA, and the big guy lost to a newcomer. Keeping these guys around was probably Alistair insurance. Now that he's gone, they're gone. Alistair is just as much to blame.

Reem stood up and took some control over his own career. The message sent is individuals, no matter how good, now matter how many sports you are a champion of, are subject to be dictated, have no control over the course of their own livelihoods and will be blackballed out of the monopolized significant competition remaining in the sport.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:52 am

boomer sooner wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

It's probably a policy they've operated with for years to avoid said scenarios first and foremost. I'm sure they would be willing to play ball if it was with a team player, but GG is not that. THere's little history and their star screwed the SF tournament.

I have only heard of promoters screwing fighters at this level. And how exactly is GG not a team player? The issue White has against them is a veil. Also, Zuffa screwed the SF tournament by putting the fighters last in moving forward with it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:53 am

LOL, he screwed the tourney cuz he was injured... ok man
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:54 am

Yeah, plain and simply. Enjoy your independence fighting irrelevant fighters at United Glory. It's your right, and it's Zuffa's right to do what it pleases with its product.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:55 am

boomer sooner wrote:
Yeah, plain and simply. Enjoy your independence fighting irrelevant fighters at United Glory. It's your right, and it's Zuffa's right to do what it pleases with its product.

And why do you like that is what I wonder?
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:58 am

killerofchicken wrote:

But was fine to fight a few weeks later at United Glory?
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:00 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

And why do you like that is what I wonder?

I want to see Alistair fight Silva and down the line Cain or JDS. It's just I know there's a business side to it and I know fighters and managers can be just as greedy as promoters. I don't like coming down on one-side only. MMA fans love to paint Zuffa like it's some evil empire looking to ruin MMA, and it get a little tiresome. Dana is not as vindictive as people think. He's buddies with Barnett and Ortiz again for heaven's sake.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:49 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

That was the point for me where I jumped off the Reem wagon and realized he's the same guy he's always been
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:51 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

we've been over this many a times... im done with it tbh
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Jordan Breen who's an unbiased source who never has a problem calling out the UFC:

Quote :
Look at Jon Jones' thumb situation, and how badly his manager Malki Kawa botched it. Now, look at how bad the UFC comes out looking in this Golden Glory matter. The company looks petty, vindictive and secretive, like it has some kind of axe to grind with Golden Glory. In reality, Golden Glory tried to renege on Overeem's contract and demand more money, which is unprofessional in the greatest way. And yet the UFC ends up looking like the bad guy because they so brutally misunderstand PR in that way.

Quote :
Again, this is what I'm talking about. People have no real understanding of the facts because of how poorly they were presented. Let's go over some basics here.

1) Strikeforce were the stepdad, willing to let the kids run the house. It was routine that fighters would hold out and grandstand for money mid-contract. It was the first thing that Zuffa needed to fix when they assumed control. It actually reared its head immediately, as Paul Daley's team tried something similar before the Nick Diaz bout. The bout was nearly called off before cooler heads prevailed.

Quote :
So, here's what you have to know. Golden Glory tried to hold Zuffa hostage for more money for Overeem, betting on the notion that he was important enough to keep around. They bet wrong, Dana White's emotions took over, and he decided to make an example. Afterward, rather than discuss the situation frankly, he tried to pull the "us vs. them" card he used against M-1 Global and others in the past, but poorly represented facts and made the UFC look bad.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:24 pm

This ain't strikeforce anymore kids. The inmates aren't running the asylum. Sorry if everyone has a problem with that
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Alistair Overeem
Quote :
I'm in Spain; time to relax and take some rest as the doctor advices me to do. Just like Marloes I was paid directly by SF in my last fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Quote :
Comment From Dominic from Chicago
Marloes just released a copy of her pay check from Zuffa and it's made out to her directly.

Quote :
Which is basically irrelevant, as it only contradicts Dana White's poorly-chosen half-truth. Refuting non-facts doesn't constitute truth. Of course Zuffa make checks out to her; they have to if they're fighting in an athletic commission.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Should've figured Reem/GG were playing hardball for more cash in the middle of the damn Grand Prix. Go back to beating up cans in Japan Alistair. That's where you thrive
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:53 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Should've figured Reem/GG were playing hardball for more cash in the middle of the damn Grand Prix. Go back to beating up cans in Japan Alistair. That's where you thrive

still a pretty unsubstantiated premise your working with there bobbit.

And none of this explains why Marloes was released.

But at least we are finally going to see the best vs the best. all the top fighters from UFC vs all the top fighters from SF.

And u know what, in this day and age, an athlete shouldn't be making a couple million $$$$ a year, no matter if he is elite in his sport or not. F Reem. Hail Zuffa.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:16 pm

You think they were offering Reem less money then he makes now? Dude layoff crack, his deal was probably WAYYYYYYYY better, but he was supposedly going to be locked into SF alone and didn't like that. Yes Reem said they wanted to keep him in SF.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:34 pm

I really hope they work something out and he gets to fight a few times in the UFC, he's got talent and the power to stop anyone in that division. It would be a shame if he never fought some of those guys in there
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:51 pm

LA wrote:
You think they were offering Reem less money then he makes now? Dude layoff crack, his deal was probably WAYYYYYYYY better, but he was supposedly going to be locked into SF alone and didn't like that. Yes Reem said they wanted to keep him in SF.

Is this toward me? cause I never said they were offering him less.

And of coarse they wanted to keep him in SF. They were in the midst of a GP.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:32 am

Fighters First, who is a real?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:36 am

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

Is this toward me? cause I never said they were offering him less.

And of coarse they wanted to keep him in SF. They were in the midst of a GP.

Long term deal....You posted something about fighters making millions sarcastically, I read it how I read it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 am

you see dicks fuck assholes, but they can also fuck pussies...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:43 am

Someday you'll fuck the latter.....
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:55 am

ahhhh hahaha touchet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship   Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana on recent cuts/Golden Glory relationship
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next