Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory Empty
PostSubject: Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory   Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:16 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27614/siyar-bahadurzada-leaves-golden-glory-cites-trust-issues-for-departure.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Feed%29

Quote :
Unhappy with his longtime management company and MMA team, Siyar Bahadurzada (20-4-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is leaving Golden Glory.

In a brief interview today with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), the UFC welterweight cited pay and contract issues for his decision.

"They didn't pay me my money for the Glory World Series that I fought in May 2011, and they're keeping me in the dark about my contract and extended the contract for another five years," Bahadurzada said.

Bahadurzada's move comes two months prior to his UFC debut, which comes at UFC on FUEL TV 2. The former Shooto and Sengoku champion is slated to face Paulo Thiago (14-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) on the main card of the event, which takes place April 14 at Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden. (Main-card fights air on FUEL TV while preliminary-card fights stream on Facebook.)

Representatives for Golden Glory could not be reached for comment.

Bahadurzada was slated to receive $150,000 for winning the Glory World Series, which took place between 2010 and 2011. Prior to his win, he was told he was signed to a contract with Strikeforce and would make his debut in late 2011.

Instead, he sat on the shelf and publicly blasted the promotion, which would later be acquired by UFC parent company Zuffa. This past September, he signed a contract with Zuffa to fight in the UFC and began training in Holland and the U.S. for his meeting with Thiago.

"Right now I don't have any manager," Bahadurzada said. "My friend, Ryan Parsons, is helping me through my next fight. I think I'll be training between U.S. and Amsterdam, like I am now. We'll see."

Bahadurzada is the latest fighter to leave Golden Glory. Current UFC heavyweight contender Alistair Overeem – a frequent training partner of Bahadurzada's in Holland – is now embroiled in dueling lawsuits with the team after a highly publicized split this past September.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory   Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Siyar was Sengoku champion?
Back to top Go down

Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory
Page 1 of 1