Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC

Go down 
+10
KingsOwn19
throwdownfight1
bobbitt15
Primetyme199
GDPofDRC
cascade_run
Andrew the Raider King
SOKO
OU
killerofchicken
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:41 pm

SF is most likely on its way out the door so I don't think they are too worried about that. I think eventually we see a merger with the top guys so that the UFC will be housing almost all of the elite talent out there and in turn it will be run like a well-oiled machine just like the UFC is. No M-1 copromotion BS, no Reem fighting once a year in the states while taking fights on GG cards and in Dream, or anything that wouldn't fly with guys currently in the UFC. I think the sport will be better off because of it
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Hold it against White for being scared to see his best get toppled like Chuck did and never letting an outsider crush his fighters again as they surely would of.

actually it was pride who pulled bs moves on dana several times. dana wanted to co operate but they didnt. in the end didnt 2 top lhws from that promo come to the ufc and lose to the same tuf winner.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Says White, for you. Forest got the better of Shogun, Judges say Rampage also, for you, and relevancy? Were the top fighters worldwide excluded? No they just had to bend to Zuffa if they wanted to play. Are the top fighters today being excluded from competition?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:54 pm

This is a sad, repulsive state of affairs indeed. Not much to say about it. It's pretty typical and remains one of, if not the biggest things wrong with MMA. This is why i'm pro competiton and always will be. Fighters should not have to put up with this shit and there has always got to be a legit #2 that can showcase MMA on a national stage so fighters have options(and no SF no longer counts to what i'm talking about). It's not about the state of womens MMA or how Einemo looked in his last fight. If Zuffa could not stand having a fighter of Overeem's caliber non-exclusive that they could not honor a fucking contract that they purchased..fine, release him..but to fuck with his whole team? sad sad. If they had not already began promotion the second leg of the tournament..Sergei would likely be released as well...he'll likely be released even if he beats Josh Barnett, why not? they already released Overeem

I don't buy the shit of Golden Glory coming to the United States. Very convenient that Zuffa would have this big stink about GG(a kickboxing promotion, with minimal MMA feature) coming to the states(that is, if they are coming to the states) not long after Overeem decided to remain non-exclusive and didnt immediatly sign with UFC. It's pretty much the Fedor thing all over again..if you arent a HW for us we'll destroy you rather than just worry about their shit... Yeah..thats just great.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:55 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
SF is most likely on its way out the door so I don't think they are too worried about that. I think eventually we see a merger with the top guys so that the UFC will be housing almost all of the elite talent out there and in turn it will be run like a well-oiled machine just like the UFC is. No M-1 copromotion BS, no Reem fighting once a year in the states while taking fights on GG cards and in Dream, or anything that wouldn't fly with guys currently in the UFC. I think the sport will be better off because of it
I don't see a merger as being the best thing for the sport. Not for the fighters and not for the fans. This is just an example of the power moves Zuffa is willing to pull to get what they want. How can that be good for fighter negotiations? With an egomaniac like Dana running the show we could be deprived of top ranked talent simply because personal reasons. Dana has made it clear he is not beyond that. You think that is extinguished in any way when they gain more power? Woman's MMA was on the rise and Zuffa has effectively killed all recent progress made to that brand. Top ranked fighters have had contract disputes with Zuffa before, you think that more power helps that? Randy, Dan, Diaz, Werdum are just a few fighters that come to mind that have had problems with the UFC negotiations in the past. The UFC is flexing and attempting to intimidate fighters. That is not good for the sport.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
This is a sad, repulsive state of affairs indeed. Not much to say about it. It's pretty typical and remains one of, if not the biggest things wrong with MMA. This is why i'm pro competiton and always will be. Fighters should not have to put up with this shit and there has always got to be a legit #2 that can showcase MMA on a national stage so fighters have options(and no SF no longer counts to what i'm talking about). It's not about the state of womens MMA or how Einemo looked in his last fight. If Zuffa could not stand having a fighter of Overeem's caliber non-exclusive that they could not honor a fucking contract that they purchased..fine, release him..but to fuck with his whole team? sad sad. If they had not already began promotion the second leg of the tournament..Sergei would likely be released as well...he'll likely be released even if he beats Josh Barnett, why not? they already released Overeem

I don't buy the shit of Golden Glory coming to the United States. Very convenient that Zuffa would have this big stink about GG(a kickboxing promotion, with minimal MMA feature) coming to the states(that is, if they are coming to the states) not long after Overeem decided to remain non-exclusive and didnt immediatly sign with UFC. It's pretty much the Fedor thing all over again..if you arent a HW for us we'll destroy you rather than go on about our business. Yeah..thats just great.
Some great points in there.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:15 pm

im saddened and sickened by this... spit!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:17 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

haha

This is the future of the sport though.

Better to not be fans of fights and fighters any more, Big Business is a better outlet of admiration.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:22 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

No you aren't. Stop the hyperbole
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Alistair Overeem
Quote :
Doesnt feel right that champ @MarloesCoenen, fight of the night fighter @JohnEinemo and my brother @ValyOvereem are cut from Zuffa.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:28 pm

boobitt, get bent!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Yo B do you really think that highly of Zuffa or do you play it up a little bit for effect?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:30 pm

I can't wait until actual details about this feud are released

Also, LOL at Alistair being saddened at his brother cut. It sounded like he practically wanted to disown him when Ariel asked him about that fight against Griggs
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:31 pm

OU wrote:
Yo B do you really think that highly of Zuffa or do you play it up a little bit for effect?

The sig was just for effect

I do still think the acquisition of SF will be better for the sport in the long run though
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:33 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

The sig was just for effect

I do still think the acquisition of SF will be better for the sport in the long run though
Yeah I don't consider that to be a crazy thought. I just don't personally feel that way.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:34 pm

I am pretty salty about Einemo being cut. His fights would have all been hilariously awesome to watch, like that first one

Valentijn should've already been axed, and I'm not totally shocked by Marloes since women's MMA won't be a part of Zuffa for much longer.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Val was on thin ice performance wise. The others though....
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:35 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I am pretty salty about Einemo being cut. His fights would have all been hilariously awesome to watch, like that first one

Valentijn should've already been axed, and I'm not totally shocked by Marloes since women's MMA won't be a part of Zuffa for much longer.
Do you think that's the right call? As a fan wouldn't you prefer they keep it around?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm a fan of women's MMA but I also see where Dana is coming from when he says the divisions just don't have enough depth right now to make it interesting. It feels like 135 is the only division getting any publicity with no one for Cyborg to fight and Gina still out of competition, and after Tate/Kaufman there really isn't much there other than Coenen fighting for her belt again
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:45 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I'm a fan of women's MMA but I also see where Dana is coming from when he says the divisions just don't have enough depth right now to make it interesting. It feels like 135 is the only division getting any publicity with no one for Cyborg to fight and Gina still out of competition, and after Tate/Kaufman there really isn't much there other than Coenen fighting for her belt again
You don't think that SF has done a good job of bringing more awareness to women's MMA? I think they have a good thing going right now and it's a brand that is just starting to build. SF just seemed like a perfect place for that brand and I don't think things will move at the same rate in Bellator or some other organization. With the marketing of the UFC they could really help build up women's MMA. But they don't seem to think it is worth the effort. As a fan I just find that disappointing.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Speculation is fun, but reality is none of us or anyone else know anything. It could just as much be Golden Glory at fault as it could be something like hardball tactics by Zuffa. How many Golden Glory fighters have fought in the UFC over the past bunch of years? The States pre-SF? There's always more to things then meets the eye. And Golden Glory teaming with another Org to promote in the Zuffa market? Come on we all know that would ruffle feathers. Jong's putting up a nice "I don't know what happened" act but we know he knows what's up. And a muted Dana? When doesn't he have something to say?

Quickly on WMMA, Coenen is my favorite womens fighter and I think it's shitty she was let go, seems unnecessary unless there's bigger things going on. WMMA is also the most watchable of any womens sport in the World, but it's a money loser not maker. There's only one Gina and she may never fight again. Women's sports always struggle to make money, and it's going to be a harder sell to the average women to watch girls beat up girls then girls playing basketball or soccer, just the reality of the situation. If you want to put on womens fights you have to do so without it benefitting you, it's easy to hate on the situation from the fans perspective I get it.

If there wasn't a business side of MMA and Zuffa didn't exist, Japan would dominate the MMA landscape and MMA would be no bigger now then it was in 1999 in the States.

"I hate Zuffa rrgghhh" as I watch every event and am a Dana White twitter follower...
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Above all else, Coenen getting cut is bogus.

Reem getting cut is very shakey as well, but it is true that he liked doing his thing, and that doesn't fit with Zuffa, so I guess there is an argument there.

Othereem(who was only signed in the first place because he is Alistairs bro) and the other guy are whatever imo.

But why Coenen? The chick is talented, has performed very well with the promotion and has been nothing but professional. That's spiteful bush league garbage right there.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:14 pm

who said they hate Zuffa? I'm just not oblivious/too stubborn to see they don't always make the best decisions. If you choose to accept everything they do as for the good of the sport that is just you choosing to be ignorant.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:23 pm

The sport is bigger now then it ever was for a reason, and it's only getting bigger. There's a level of comfort and contentness from so many UFC fighters it makes arguments for outliers difficult. I see as much ignorance in part if you want to play games...If 98% of NFL players were content with how things are, but Michael Vick wanted to play by his own rules would you be ok with him not being in the league? Golden Glory promoting with a rival Org would be a very real issue too, it's one that'd be hard to overlook, and I think there's far more to everything from both sides then speculating that is part of it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:28 pm

LA wrote:
Speculation is fun, but reality is none of us or anyone else know anything. It could just as much be Golden Glory at fault as it could be something like hardball tactics by Zuffa. How many Golden Glory fighters have fought in the UFC over the past bunch of years? The States pre-SF? There's always more to things then meets the eye. And Golden Glory teaming with another Org to promote in the Zuffa market? Come on we all know that would ruffle feathers. Jong's putting up a nice "I don't know what happened" act but we know he knows what's up. And a muted Dana? When doesn't he have something to say?

Quickly on WMMA, Coenen is my favorite womens fighter and I think it's shitty she was let go, seems unnecessary unless there's bigger things going on. WMMA is also the most watchable of any womens sport in the World, but it's a money loser not maker. There's only one Gina and she may never fight again. Women's sports always struggle to make money, and it's going to be a harder sell to the average women to watch girls beat up girls then girls playing basketball or soccer, just the reality of the situation. If you want to put on womens fights you have to do so without it benefitting you, it's easy to hate on the situation from the fans perspective I get it.

If there wasn't a business side of MMA and Zuffa didn't exist, Japan would dominate the MMA landscape and MMA would be no bigger now then it was in 1999 in the States.

"I hate Zuffa rrgghhh" as I watch every event and am a Dana White twitter follower...

Agree with a lot of this. People on here seem to hate the idea of it, but this is still a business bottom line. GG might've tried to play hardball and they aren't going to win that battle. It happens. Seems like nowadays every time something stirs in the wind its met with a "fucking Dana man". I think its gone a little overboard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next