Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC

Go down 
+10
KingsOwn19
throwdownfight1
bobbitt15
Primetyme199
GDPofDRC
cascade_run
Andrew the Raider King
SOKO
OU
killerofchicken
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:50 am

Two fine ass women rolling around on the ground is boring, do you have a fleshy patch below your groin ?
Back to top Go down

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:58 am

Ali wrote:
Two fine ass women rolling around on the ground is boring, do you have a fleshy patch below your groin ?

Did you watch that fight? Tate was on top and was doing nothing until the end. If she didn't have a fine ass I would've fell asleep in the first rd.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:58 am

Ali wrote:
I don't watch women's MMA to get my dick hard. That isn't what makes women's MMA a quality product. They put on a show and legit skills that makes it very appealing to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:59 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Lollllllllll, has nothing to do with religion. I'd rather have seen Gesias Cavalcante vs Bobby Green on the main card than that boring Tate fight.
You didn't like woman's MMA before you ever saw it. You made statements about not enjoying watching smaller men fight before you even watched them fight. You made no secrets about it either. I think you have an obvious biased against woman's MMA before you ever saw a punch thrown.

And I admitted to being wrong about the lighter divisions but the women are nowhere near as talented. They just don't have the skill level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:03 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

Did you watch that fight? Tate was on top and was doing nothing until the end. If she didn't have a fine ass I would've fell asleep in the first rd.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
I don't watch women's MMA to get my dick hard. That isn't what makes women's MMA a quality product. They put on a show and legit skills that makes it very appealing to watch.

Don't go all GDP on me OU, I am just winding up my crazy Aussie eunuch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Don't go all GDP on me OU, I am just winding up my crazy Aussie eunuch.
Of course I enjoyed the bouncing ass of Tate but I would have enjoyed the fight just the same if she was part of the Noassatall Tribe.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Cracked rib? A cracked rib? In a 6 weeks that shit will heal. I crackwed 3 of mine and in 4 weeks it was like it didn't happen. No excuses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Yeah but you can't train for 2-3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Cracked rib? A cracked rib? In a 6 weeks that shit will heal. I crackwed 3 of mine and in 4 weeks it was like it didn't happen. No excuses.
Did those cracked ribs effect you training camp? Did you take the fight anyways?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Also was the fighter you were facing ranked? Did you suffer any other injuries during camp? Were you able to go all out in training? When it was all said and done were you prepared to perform like the Champion you are?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:03 pm

It has just been revealed that the probable reason for Zuffa LLC. firing almost every Golden Glory trained fighter today is that the Dutch based MMA gym turned promotion is planning to promote shows in the United States shortly and it didn’t go down well with the “powers that be”.
Respected reporter, Loretta Hunt revealed via her Twitter just seconds ago:

“Golden Glory is making moves to promote U.S. shows – Zuffa is taking it’s usual aggressive biz stance to protect its lionshare of market”

The decision by Zuffa to cut almost every Golden Glory fighter from the UFC and Strikeforce rosters will not come as a surprise based on this news as they look to squeeze the life out of every ounce of competition anyway they can. Let’s hope for their sake Sergei Kharitonov doesn’t win the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix.Stay tuned to MMABay in the coming days for more on this as we get it.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 pm

War Sergei!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
It has just been revealed that the probable reason for Zuffa LLC. firing almost every Golden Glory trained fighter today is that the Dutch based MMA gym turned promotion is planning to promote shows in the United States shortly and it didn’t go down well with the “powers that be”.
Respected reporter, Loretta Hunt revealed via her Twitter just seconds ago:

“Golden Glory is making moves to promote U.S. shows – Zuffa is taking it’s usual aggressive biz stance to protect its lionshare of market”

The decision by Zuffa to cut almost every Golden Glory fighter from the UFC and Strikeforce rosters will not come as a surprise based on this news as they look to squeeze the life out of every ounce of competition anyway they can. Let’s hope for their sake Sergei Kharitonov doesn’t win the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix.Stay tuned to MMABay in the coming days for more on this as we get it.

Well if that is true I'm hoping they can do some co-promotions with someone like ProElite. Between then they should be able to put on some quality shows and ProElite already claims to be close to a TV deal as it is. K-1 was just bought out the other day hopefully some of these promotions can work together.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:15 pm

No dude, I just kept going to work everyday, lifting heavy boxes and operating machinery in the warehouse, where I broke the ribs. It wasn't fun for a few days, but after that it became annoying and then disappeared. They call it being a man...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:17 pm

War Zuffa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Fuck Zuffa.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
No dude, I just kept going to work everyday, lifting heavy boxes and operating machinery in the warehouse, where I broke the ribs. It wasn't fun for a few days, but after that it became annoying and then disappeared. They call it being a man...
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that lifting boxes because you need to work to pay the bills is equivalent to a Championship fighter training to be in the main event against a top ranked contender that is so big he has to cut weight just to be under the HW limit. You understand the kind of money Reem would lose by being unprepared and suffering a loss?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:25 pm

None of this is even surprising. As we get closer to 2012 and a possible merger, womens MMA will no longer be associated with Zuffa and Dana has given clear reasons on that which aren't difficult to understand and are very true. Bellator should scoop up the women's scene and really promote it but as of now they are nowhere near enough fighters for Zuffa to have any interest in that shit

Valentijn is obvious, and Einemo hadn't fought in ages and gassed and got KO'd in his return. In most ordinary circumstances, he has another fight but Zuffa doesn't have to put up with promotion shit from people like M-1 and GG when other smaller orgs have to
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24669/golden-glory-trainer-on-recent-ufcstrikeforce-cuts-i-think-its-unfair.mma
Quote :
"Of course, they can cut them because they lost, but do you cut Alistair
Overeem, who was very eager to fight in the (Strikeforce heavyweight)
grand prix, and who got major injuries?" de Jong asked. "Einemo just
received a 'Fight of the Night' bonus in his last UFC appearance. Coenen
... two times (has) been the Strikeforce champion. And before Miesha
beat her, I think they were even (on the scorecards) or [favoring]
Marloes."
"The only thing I can say is I feel disappointed for the fighters, and
now we have to go back and see what we're going to do (and) where we're
going to go," de Jong said. "For me, I hope the management can still
work something out with Zuffa.

"I think Alistair needs to fight the best fighters in the world, and I
think right now there's only two people ranked above him: Cain Velasquez
and Junior Dos Santos. Alistair only wants to be the best. It's a
pity."

"For me, it doesn't make sense," he said. "I was just thinking, 'Is this the future of MMA?'"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:55 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
None of this is even surprising. As we get closer to 2012 and a possible merger, womens MMA will no longer be associated with Zuffa and Dana has given clear reasons on that which aren't difficult to understand and are very true. Bellator should scoop up the women's scene and really promote it but as of now they are nowhere near enough fighters for Zuffa to have any interest in that shit

Valentijn is obvious, and Einemo hadn't fought in ages and gassed and got KO'd in his return. In most ordinary circumstances, he has another fight but Zuffa doesn't have to put up with promotion shit from people like M-1 and GG when other smaller orgs have to
This is a power move saying "Don't fuck with Zuffa" and you know it. This has absolutely no positive effects on MMA or SF as a brand. How anyone can see this as anything but one of the negative aspects of the merger is just beyond me. Thumping of the chest and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 pm

I just think its funny how everyone fucking hated Overeem so much and how he fought nothing but cans and was holding the SF title hostage but then as soon as Zuffa buys the company and Overeem backs out of the tournament because of an injury but then immediately signs for some worthless fight in Russia a month later and sees consequences because of it, people are outraged at Zuffa

I never said it wasn't a power move. Zuffa doesn't have to suck dick like Strikeforce did with M-1 and they don't have to let fighters do whatever the hell they want like Overeem did for years. Get used to it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:59 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

This is a power move saying "Don't fuck with Zuffa" and you know it. This has absolutely no positive effects on MMA or SF as a brand. How anyone can see this as anything but one of the negative aspects of the merger is just beyond me. Thumping of the chest and nothing more.

+1
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:02 pm

OU wrote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/24669/golden-glory-trainer-on-recent-ufcstrikeforce-cuts-i-think-its-unfair.mma
Quote :
"Of course, they can cut them because they lost, but do you cut Alistair
Overeem, who was very eager to fight in the (Strikeforce heavyweight)
grand prix, and who got major injuries?" de Jong asked. "Einemo just
received a 'Fight of the Night' bonus in his last UFC appearance. Coenen
... two times (has) been the Strikeforce champion. And before Miesha
beat her, I think they were even (on the scorecards) or [favoring]
Marloes."
"The only thing I can say is I feel disappointed for the fighters, and
now we have to go back and see what we're going to do (and) where we're
going to go," de Jong said. "For me, I hope the management can still
work something out with Zuffa.

"I think Alistair needs to fight the best fighters in the world, and I
think right now there's only two people ranked above him: Cain Velasquez
and Junior Dos Santos. Alistair only wants to be the best. It's a
pity."

"For me, it doesn't make sense," he said. "I was just thinking, 'Is this the future of MMA?'"

Yeah, Reem had to back out of this tournament that meant so much to him because of "major injuries". Don't worry though, you can find him fighting a month later in Moscow on some dumbass Golden Glory card lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I just think its funny how everyone fucking hated Overeem so much and how he fought nothing but cans and was holding the SF title hostage but then as soon as Zuffa buys the company and Overeem backs out of the tournament because of an injury but then immediately signs for some worthless fight in Russia a month later and sees consequences because of it, people are outraged at Zuffa

I never said it wasn't a power move. Zuffa doesn't have to suck dick like Strikeforce did with M-1 and they don't have to let fighters do whatever the hell they want like Overeem did for years. Get used to it
Those go hand and hand. A power move that forces out top ranked fighters is a legit reason to gripe at Zuffa. Am I suppose to just ignore any negative moves by Zuffa because they have done so much for me? Is that the thinking there? This move hurts SF, a company owned by Zuffa. But it's obviously more important to flex their muscles and "show them whats up".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next