Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC

Go down 
+10
KingsOwn19
throwdownfight1
bobbitt15
Primetyme199
GDPofDRC
cascade_run
Andrew the Raider King
SOKO
OU
killerofchicken
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:03 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Coker is getting a great view of how to run this business. This bullshitting with fighters and crappy match-ups hurt his product, plus he was not in the financial position of the UFC. He is getting to see what changes he needs to make to his mindset and how to make it work with his management style. So even if he leaves, which I would tell the UFC not to do, when he does start up a new company, he will be more successful than he was before.
You are fucking nuts. SF had extremely entertaining matchups and that is one of the things fans loved about it.

Yeah, entertainment for the sake of matchups with dudes who aren't even close at skill level right now. I mean the SF card because Zuffa took over that got more praise than any other was hugely because of Paul Daley-Scott Smith and Robbie Lawler-Matt Lindland. Come on. Not to mention how short notice so many of the fights were
What about Crusher vs Gil? Melvin vs Robbie? Noons vs Diaz and a variety of other matchups? Come on man there were very entertaining fights that was very pleasing for fans to watch.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:04 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
Coker is getting a great view of how to run this business. This bullshitting with fighters and crappy match-ups hurt his product, plus he was not in the financial position of the UFC. He is getting to see what changes he needs to make to his mindset and how to make it work with his management style. So even if he leaves, which I would tell the UFC not to do, when he does start up a new company, he will be more successful than he was before.
You are fucking nuts. SF had extremely entertaining matchups and that is one of the things fans loved about it.

Yeah, entertainment for the sake of matchups with dudes who aren't even close at skill level right now. I mean the SF card because Zuffa took over that got more praise than any other was hugely because of Paul Daley-Scott Smith and Robbie Lawler-Matt Lindland. Come on. Not to mention how short notice so many of the fights were
What about Crusher vs Gil? Melvin vs Robbie? Noons vs Diaz and a variety of other matchups? Come on man there were very entertaining fights that was very pleasing for fans to watch.

Obviously any fight promotion with a nice stable of fighters is going to have entertaining fights. Especially with guys like Diaz and Gil being there. But to say SF was very questionably run there for a long stretch regarding matchups and how close to events fights were being made would be an understatement
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Scott and his staff made chicken soup salad and sandwiches out of chicken shit in terms of the quantity of available resources.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 pm

SF had a separate and legit brand for up and comers, which is really starting to payoff for them now. They provided a mix of entertaining matchups and big names. They were able to pull off co-promotion with another major organization. IMO the matchups were ran just fine with SF.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:12 pm

But they also had guys like JZ who according to them were totally healthy and training and had no idea where they were never getting fights
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 pm

I will say the match-ups have improved over the last few months, but that isn't Coker's doing...

have u seen the upcoming matchups for Cavalcante and Kyle?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

Obviously any fight promotion with a nice stable of fighters is going to have entertaining fights. Especially with guys like Diaz and Gil being there. But to say SF was very questionably run there for a long stretch regarding matchups and how close to events fights were being made would be an understatement

and now under the Zuffa umbrella they have decided to rush the next leg of the grand prix, which of coarse has led, in part at least, to the release of their hwy champ.

Agree that SF did some things pretty poorly pre buyout. But they have been far from perfect since.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:30 pm

captain organic wrote:
I will say the match-ups have improved over the last few months, but that isn't Coker's doing...

LOL thank you capt
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:33 pm

captain organic wrote:

I have both of them losing those fights actually
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:34 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

and now under the Zuffa umbrella they have decided to rush the next leg of the grand prix, which of coarse has led, in part at least, to the release of their hwy champ.

Agree that SF did some things pretty poorly pre buyout. But they have been far from perfect since.

Its pretty clear Zuffa just wants to get this thing over with. Not that it has much if any steam left right now anyway
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:39 pm

bobbitt would have a pic of dana as his sig.... Very Happy i keed i keed
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:44 pm

what i dont get is if sf is favored to close and they know this then why are fighters still being signed on to their branch. why not just ship them straight to the ufc. i actually am starting to think they will use sf as a start up branch
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:48 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I have both of them losing those fights actually

One could argue that the results u predict make the matchups all the more questionable.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:20 am

OU wrote:
You think Coker signed something saying he wouldn't promote MMA if he parted with Zuffa? If he did he must have been buying the Zuffa sweet talk of "business as usual" or he figured "I gave it my best shot". I'm hoping that isn't the case, that would be very disappointing.

Would you not if you were in their shoes? Seriously, I think I posted this the day after the buyout, that'd be one of the first things you'd do in this situation.

OU wrote:

Until the Prix which was still seeded oddly, they typically had a lot of mismatch fights, it was always a Strikefeast picking their cards.

bobbitt15 wrote:
Yeah, entertainment for the sake of matchups with dudes who aren't even close at skill level right now. I mean the SF card before Zuffa took over that got more praise than any other was hugely because of Paul Daley-Scott Smith and Robbie Lawler-Matt Lindland. Come on. Not to mention how short notice so many of the fights were

There you are...

captain organic wrote:

You don't even know who those guys are, Fiejao and Kyle could easily be beaten.

captain organic wrote:

It's pretty clear they don't want this lasting for over a year and a half, and with Reem now having more injuries it would have been delayed even further...

captain organic wrote:
One could argue that the results u predict make the matchups all the more questionable.

I'd like to see that argument? It's not like Kyle and Fiejao are huge popular draws where they need a fight to get them back on track. And legit guys coming in and beating a former Champ or decent LHW/HW would only prove they added more depth.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:30 am

Do we really want to continue those dumb old argmunets like, "Dude if Fedor was in the UFC...." well he came to SF and went 1-3....Or "Mousasi would beat Anderson..." meanwhile he's went 1-1-1 in SF. The point is unless you are a fighter who for whatever reason ends up in that 2% of outliers that don't like the Zuffa operation, then this should endup a fans dream, and fighters dream if they have a goal to prove there the best and not rack up fights against lower competition to cash in paychecks. Truthfully fighting under Zuffa in 98% of cases results in the most security in the business, unless you lose a bunch in a row or fight boring and in that case it's reasonable to be dropped. You get a ton of exposure which results in sponsorship ops among other career opportunites. So many fighters are completely content with their Zuffa/UFC situation and many guys would do anything to get there or get back if dropped. I lost steam and am probably wasting my time anyways. No one puts on better fights then Zuffa and that's why we watch in the first place. We are only 10 years, if that, into big business MMA!......
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:30 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24695/despite-coenens-claims-of-white-untruths-ufc-boss-stands-by-initial-claims.mma

Those fighters prefer their arrangement with GG. They are their managers looking fout for their best interest against groups like Zuffa who have a consistent history of attempting to weaken fighters representation. White doesn't know his rose bud from his mouth, he just knows petty bitterness and greed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC   Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marloes Coenen and Valentijn Overeem cut from Stikeforce, Jon Olav Einemo released from UFC
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6