Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

official Big Beast football thread

Go down 
+2
captain organic
OU
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:23 pm

OU wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Yeah i guess I'll roll with beast since that's kinda been one of my given names round here.
anytime you want to change it, I'll just have to tell you what your temporary password will be then you logout and log back in with the new user name and temporary password, then you can change your password back to whatever you want.

Cool. Ill keep it for now since we're playing for conference title tonight. We already have i.juries and bad luck so i don't wanna jinx em anymore.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:50 pm

That wasn't a good s tart for us. 85 yard td pass for nova. Rutgers uniforms are badass though.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:07 am

Just like West Virginia, Rutgers gets patted on the butt as they walk out the door. Great game by my CARDS. They wanted that game and overcame alot. I'M sure we finish first in the Beast in the bcs rankings and play FSU. BRING IT SEMINOLS!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 am

Congrats BBC. But the BCS bid is BS.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 am

OU wrote:

I could say the same about other conferences in past years. We earned it and now we gotta win it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:29 am

OU wrote:

I could say the same about other conferences in past years. We earned it and now we gotta win it.
We earned it too. But we might not get it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 am

A&M is ranked higher than all you assholes and were not even considered. It was already admitted that the top BE team would be about 7th in the SEC. OU has no big win with KSU and ND taking care if business. Tu and OSU are too bad though.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 pm

I just heard we should end up playing Florida in the Sugar bowl. Id like to play your Aggies Farmer. I think that would be a fun game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
A&M is ranked higher than all you assholes and were not even considered. It was already admitted that the top BE team would be about 7th in the SEC. OU has no big win with KSU and ND taking care if business. Tu and OSU are too bad though.
We have 3x as many "solid" wins as any team that will get in over OU. Also I think OU is much, much closer to A&M then they are Louisville. OU vs A&M would be a good game IMO. It usually is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 12:12 pm

A&M is just 2 spots above OU and we still have 1 more game to close that gap even more. TCU is a solid team. Just as solid as Miss St.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Agree about OU but factor in the close losses and the big win gives an edge. I'd love a sugar bowl match up. Not possible though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Agree about OU but factor in the close losses and the big win gives an edge. I'd love a sugar bowl match up. Not possible though.
I agree that I would give A&M the edge this year in terms of more deserving. If it came down to A&M or OU and they choose A&M then I would understand. I think it would be a good game but like you mentioned A&M has the edge with that big win. I won't complain about a 10-2 SEC team jumping us but a 10-2 BE team? That's harder to swallow, especially since I think the BE champ is about equal to Baylor this season.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Just like West Virginia, Rutgers gets patted on the butt as they walk out the door. Great game by my CARDS. They wanted that game and overcame alot. I'M sure we finish first in the Beast in the bcs rankings and play FSU. BRING IT SEMINOLS!

Well done Beast, I can only tip my hat.

Better team won. While RU is dropping gimme balls, ur cards are making diving catches all over the place, including your DB to end the game.

Tough pill for RU fans.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm curious to how Rutgers would have done in Big 10 this year and UL in ACC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:34 pm

captain organic wrote:

Better team won. While RU is dropping gimme balls, ur cards are making diving catches all over the place, including your DB to end the game.

Tough pill for RU fans.
From what I watched, mistakes from RU receivers was the difference in the game. That 2nd to last INT was all on the WR. It was a good game down the stretch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:35 pm

But you gotta respect what that UL QB did. Dude has heart. Respect.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 pm

yeah mad props to bridgewater.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:49 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Tough pill for RU fans.
From what I watched, mistakes from RU receivers was the difference in the game. That 2nd to last INT was all on the WR. It was a good game down the stretch.

Wright had 2 big drops, first looked to be a TD, the other was the pick. And in comparison to the Cards who made 3 real tough catches in big spots, plus the DB pick at the end was a great catch.

Turning point was clearly the flag on the fake FG. Not sure how good a call it was as I was at the game, but instead of being 21-3, Cards drive, to cut the lead to 4, then the fumble on the ensuing kickoff, turns into another cards TD. Huge swing.

Hate the way it ended, as it looked to be a rushed play and miscommunication on our part. But Cards deserved the win.

Lots of choke talk by RU fans, but I have to give props to Cards.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 pm

I didn't see the flag on the fake but they were talking about it at the end of the game. I just saw the majority of the 4th quarter. That missed catch that turned into an INT made me face palm and I wasn't even rooting for either team. I just had the automatic fan frustration reaction to that play. I agree the last INT was a good catch, I didn't think he was going to be able to run it down and DBs generally don't make that catch. That also appeared to be a mistake by the QB and not the WR since it appears the announcers where right and the QB expected the DB to come up and press and that didn't happen.
But that blown catch/int IMO could have changed everything. RU would have been close to FG range at that point. As an impartial fan it was an entertaining 4th.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Ha, as an RU fan the 4th was a punch in the gut.

Whole 2nd half was rough actually.

So much on the line for RU. At home, busted up QB on the other side. Terrible loss.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:00 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ha, as an RU fan the 4th was a punch in the gut.

Whole 2nd half was rough actually.

So much on the line for RU. At home, busted up QB on the other side. Terrible loss.
Yeah I can definitely see that. I felt for RU during that game. Seeing the emotion on the sideline, those guys really wanted that BCS game to cap off the season. Hell you could tell both teams wanted that win badly. There was no lack of effort in that game, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Rumor we might get Clemson in the Russell Athletic.

Redemption time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm

captain organic wrote:
Rumor we might get Clemson in the Russell Athletic.

Redemption time.
I'd like to see WV vs RU, but you guys deserve better IMO. I just think it would be a competitive game. WV can score but RU is a scrappy bunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

official Big Beast football thread
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9