Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

official Big Beast football thread

Go down 
+2
captain organic
OU
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

official Big Beast football thread Empty
PostSubject: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 pm

How bout dem Helmets? I pulling for ya tonight.

Last edited by bigbeastcardinal12 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:37 pm

I hate the chrome helmets. But they aren't as bad as Oregon's. But I'm pulling of Rutgers tonight too.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:26 pm

You are NOT Captain Orgasmic and those helmets are the GOAT of all time!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:28 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
You are NOT Captain Orgasmic and those helmets are the GOAT of all time!
That's not what you said last night. The old helmets were old school.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Dude im runnin for prez in 2016. You need to hush on that shit. Crazyhorse will be my comealongguy so stfu!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Im so sorry my fellow muricans...krazyhorse.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Man if he would have saw that defender he could have went to the sideline and got the TD.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Bam, that run put it away.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:59 pm

I know. They should win though. This Rutgers team is good, but they have holes. Great win. BOOM NICE BUST FOR A TD
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Oops, lol ay that one
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 am

Great game by RU.

A little sloppy, the penalties, the muffed kick, just alot of bounces going USF's way, especially in the 1st half.

But overall just a great game. O-line was great, Nova had time all night, and can thank them for his break out game. This is extra significant given that they were each major question marks coming into this season, and Nova even into this game. But 288, td(could have easily been 2) no picks, great game mgmt overall, awesome on 3rd down, really big game by Nova.

RU's wr's are big athletic, physical, just tough to cover. A little bit of the dropsies, but they make tough catches too.

D was just nasty, a couple big plays down the sidelines, but those were a little lucky. Overall they had Daniels on his horse all night, USF's run game was nonexistent, and I thought the WR's looked scared on a couple plays. RU's D, db's included rough guys up.

Thought USF keyed on Jamison in the 2nd half, and I think he tired a bit, but he's a big time player. He kept the game in check early, and the big run late to seal it. Too many carries though imo, they were missing Huggins who gets a 1/3+ of the touches, but I would have had faith in the 3rd stringer, who looked good in mopup duty last week, for just a couple of touches.

Chrome helmets are sweet. When u think of it as the armor a knight would wear in battle, it's just makes sense and looks good. Think it will look better when paired with the black unis(scheduled for the Uconn game oct 6), conversely the all red home unis were not so great. Lots of people complained about not being able to read the names and numbers too.

Real stoked right now.

We'se coming for u beast.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:19 am

And beast, change the name of this thread to the official big east college footbal thread. Was gonna start one, but this is a good spot.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:47 am

You guys had to flaws, a few key injuries, and a physical and very talented team. I can't wait. Rutgers could have a better record when we meet. UNC still scares me. We need this.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 am

UNC got us last year. Tight game in NC, they eeked it out late. We had a blown call at the goal line that cost us a score. Sanu had that sick one handed catch over the middle in the end zone in that one.

Not sure what UNCgot going this year.

Yeah we have some flaws, namely penalties, and some big plays allowed by D(some weird bounces on a couple of em), but overall we really controlled that game.

Ru had a 38 to 21 time of possession edge. That is huge.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:17 am

I agree and felt the same about the game with unc last year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 am

chrome helmets have to be the most annoying uniform change in all of sports. I absolutely hate it. You are the Scarlet Knights, chrome is not your team color. I liked the old Rutgers uniforms. IMO the "modern" look is just over compensation for lack of football tradition. Old School uniforms will always be the best. You went from one of the best uniforms to one of the worst.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:04 pm

OU wrote:
chrome helmets have to be the most annoying uniform change in all of sports. I absolutely hate it. You are the Scarlet Knights, chrome is not your team color. I liked the old Rutgers uniforms. IMO the "modern" look is just over compensation for lack of football tradition. Old School uniforms will always be the best. You went from one of the best uniforms to one of the worst.

Sure we are the scarlet knights. but if u think of an actual scarlet knight from way back when, was there armor painted red? Or was it steel with scarlet fringe here and there?

I like the chrome, I also liked the Red and whites, but those were by no means a traditional uni. The block R was a schiano invention. And no doubt we lack a relevant tradition.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

Sure we are the scarlet knights. but if u think of an actual scarlet knight from way back when, was there armor painted red? Or was it steel with scarlet fringe here and there?

I like the chrome, I also liked the Red and whites, but those were by no means a traditional uni. The block R was a schiano invention. And no doubt we lack a relevant tradition.
Well they had the traditional look. The font of R wasn't any kind of crazy new school stuff or anything. The uniforms were perfect before, the best in your conference. Now they are bottom 3 in the NCAA. Just my personal preference. Also, good win last night.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:25 pm

I love the new uniform and the helmet is badass! You shut those dsl's sooners.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:27 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I love the new uniform and the helmet is badass! You shut those dsl's sooners.
I'm old school.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Your Cards eeked it out beast. Didn't get to watch much of it given that the poor overly penalized Penn State got top billing in it's matchup with Navy.

Word is u wupped em for 3 qtrs.

Pitt beating Va Tech? Outside of the remaining BE teams each getting a shot to say "we wupped the team that wupped Va Tech" don't think this really shines a positive light on the BE.

And UConn beats former coach Edsell. I dunno, if Im edsell, if Im leaving UConn, it's for something better then Maryland. Temple should of beat those guys too.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 am

Big win by RU last night.

OK Ark is reeling a bit, but their QB was back, they were looking to respond to those losses, they were home, and they had a 10 pt lead.

So reeling or not, coming back on the road vs an SEC team that came into the season ranked in the top 10 was big.

Said earlier that the big questions coming into this year was Offensive line and QB. Well they have both been great this year. Nova again saw no pressure, all day back there, and picked Ark apart. 397, 5 td's, no picks. Can't play any better then that. And Jamison again topped 100 yds as he has in all 4 games this year. So those 2 questions could not have been answered any better.

D gave up way too many big plays, but they were still beating up the Hog receivers. And they shut the Ark running game down.

Combine the D play with what the o-line was doing and u walk away saying RU physically beat up Ark.

Was stoked after the USF game, really stoked right now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 am

Ark looks like dogshit. A&M better win by at least 2 TDs next weekend?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Ark didn't look bad last night, just lost to a better team. They prob roll through A&M.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Ark didn't look bad last night, just lost to a better team. They prob roll through A&M.

the current line I saw was -13.5. Looks like Vegas disagrees with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread Empty

Back to top Go down

official Big Beast football thread
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next