Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

official Big Beast football thread

Go down 
+2
captain organic
OU
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Bbc, sec bigxii acc or b1g? Rank em for the cards.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Well the SEC is out because UK won't allow it and the KY tv market is sewed up. I don't think it's possible to end up there.
I'm partial to the Big 10 because I would love to play the Hoosiers and kick their ads every year. I hate IU more than any team in sports.

I would say the ACC would be great for basketball and the Big 12 for football. They're both the same geographicly, so traveling is pretty much a bust. Texas teams don't like the traveling when it comes to coming up here. That's what was said a year ago but WVU is further so that doesn't make sense.

I don't care where we go, I just wanna get the hell out now! I've heard we are Big 12 bound and the announcement will be mid December. Jurich had been using his plane alot for 4- days now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Well the SEC is out because UK won't allow it and the KY tv market is sewed up. I don't think it's possible to end up there.
I'm partial to the Big 10 because I would love to play the Hoosiers and kick their ads every year. I hate IU more than any team in sports.

I would say the ACC would be great for basketball and the Big 12 for football. They're both the same geographicly, so traveling is pretty much a bust. Texas teams don't like the traveling when it comes to coming up here. That's what was said a year ago but WVU is further so that doesn't make sense.

I don't care where we go, I just wanna get the hell out now! I've heard we are Big 12 bound and the announcement will be mid December. Jurich had been using his plane alot for 4- days now.

In a fantasy world what would you do?

In my mind you should should go SEC (bets conference hands down and solid fit regionally), Big XII (more likely to stay together than the ACC), B1G (3rd due to not exactly fitting in), ACC (best fit IMO, but think the SEC may take UNC & VT), & Pac (not a good fit at all due to location)

I like UL and hope they find a seat at the big boys table/
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 pm

In a fantasy world I would go SEC all day long! I would replace UK in my out if conference schedule the Loosier's. That way we're in a reputable basketball conference that we would be near the top mist years. We would be in the nest football conference and I think we c oils contend fir the conference championship next year. That's a tall order, but it could happen with what we have coming back. We lose a great guy on the Oline and that about it. Not to mention we could bump heads with your Aggies. Start a bit more trash talking round here, lol!

BTW, I watched an ESPN show on SMU back in the day and it's a must watch if ya haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:21 pm

This phone sucks! Hope u figured all of that out?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:27 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
This phone sucks! Hope u figured all of that out?

Loud and clear, BBC. I haven't seen the SMU deal, but heard great things.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Lousy lousy lousy.

RU has been able to win their share of ugly games this year, but the losses have been much uglier.

Lots of complaints about conservative playcalling from comentators and fans alike. Yes it's great that coaching staff wants to establish a smash mouth identity, but u cannot allow teams to take away the run and short(very short) passing routes without fear of attacks against the softened secondary. And RU has a plethora of WR's. Need to make better use of what is strength.

Could have moved up into the neighborhood of 13 ish, instead fall out of the AP, and hanging by a thread in the USA.

And we could have wrapped up the BE title. Now that is still there for the taking this Thurs(i'll be there), and with it a spot in a BCS bowl.

Beating Ville is important for the program, we have yet to win a BE title. Though, as I said after the Kent ST game(who won again, and imo is the best team on the RU schedule) winning this game alone does not atone for the loss. Must beat Ville and then go on and win the BCS bowl game. Without doing so, RU only proves themself to be the best team in a weak conf. In order to show RU is a good squad, to show that Kent and Pitt were anamolies, is to go out and earn the BCS bid, and then go and win that game.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:29 pm

organic, Where do you think you'd finish in the SEC or Big XII?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
organic, Where do you think you'd finish in the SEC or Big XII?

Very objectively I'd slot us in between Vandy and Missouri, in between Miss St and Ole Miss, and right in there with West Va and Baylor.

We do have a good D, and we do have talent on O. Kicking, in all phases has been poor and has given opposing offenses short fields all year. If it weren't for the block kicks one would say our special teams have been awful this year. Coaching is a legit question. Though we have started slowly almost all year, I do like the mindset we bring into games. It's the playcalling that has been a problem imo, even with a soph QB who has come back to earth after a good start, playcalling is WAY too conservative. So I tend to think head coach(good job) needs to have a talk with O-coordinator(not so good job).

Now RU did just bring in their highest rated recruiting class last year, ranked #24 in the country, only behind OSU and Mich in the B1G, and we redshirted all but 5 or so. Year b4 was good as well. So despite losing a bunch of guys on D(Greene being the biggie) we still are on the upswing, if QB and OC can get their act togethor we should be pretty darn good in the next couple years.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:36 pm

I just heard that Louisville QB is playing against RU with a broken wrist and sprained ankle. That can't be good.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm

OU wrote:
I just heard that Louisville QB is playing against RU with a broken wrist and sprained ankle. That can't be good.

Tis true. Luckily it's his nonthrowing arm. I don't like our chances but this is the type of team that sucks against shot teams and steps up against good competition. Not only is Teddy hurt, but we've lost three starters in the last two games. It's Rutgers game for the taking.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:42 pm

OU wrote:

Certainly not good for the Cards. Lost their RB couple weeks ago as well. If RU doesn't win this game people up here are going to be bent.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:49 pm

What will piss me off is if Kent St got a BCS bid over Oklahoma like I keep reading. That would be some bullshit. If I'm not mistaken, it would be partly because your conference is too shitty and has no elite team. So if your conference causes Kent State to get a BCS bid, then fuck your entire conference and rip that AQ away that you clearly don't deserve.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:51 pm

BE picks up Tulane in all sports and East Carolina in football only.

Kudos to the BE for acting quickly. Good picks?

I like East Carolina, pretty decent squad over recent years, and a really good fan base.

Tulane, the opposite, bad records and no fans. Don't like this move at all.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:53 pm

I know they(E.Carolina) were decent under Skip Holtz. How have they been since he left?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:56 pm

official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 395837_10151173153207658_350141841_n
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:59 pm

OU wrote:
What will piss me off is if Kent St got a BCS bid over Oklahoma like I keep reading. That would be some bullshit. If I'm not mistaken, it would be partly because your conference is too shitty and has no elite team. So if your conference causes Kent State to get a BCS bid, then fuck your entire conference and rip that AQ away that you clearly don't deserve.

I have heard that non BCS conf schools if ranked in the top 16 can get a bid over the BE champ if we are not ranked as high. And that would be totally reasonable given that 3 different MAC schools beat BE teams this year(MAC also did well vs B1G). Northern Illinois vs Kent St winner will def be in the top 16. Boise also has an outside shot of getting in there.

Hadn't heard how it effects other conf's. But I have no problem with it, those schools had big years, they should get rewarded.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:05 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

I have heard that non BCS conf schools if ranked in the top 16 can get a bid over the BE champ if we are not ranked as high. And that would be totally reasonable given that 3 different MAC schools beat BE teams this year(MAC also did well vs B1G). Northern Illinois vs Kent St winner will def be in the top 16. Boise also has an outside shot of getting in there.

Hadn't heard how it effects other conf's. But I have no problem with it, those schools had big years, they should get rewarded.
http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/oklahoma/post/_/id/16313/sooners-could-have-bcs-bowl-berth-spoiled

It would suck because OU would be the team suffering from the joke of a conference that is the Big East. There is no reason why they should have an AQ and there is no reason why OU should suffer because of your shitty conference. Sure OU isn't having a great season but they are having a solid enough season to deserve a BCS game, more so then any mid major. Landry Jones deserves to go out with another BCS game.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:06 pm

East Caro is 8-4 on the season, 7-1 in conf.

Good year.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Blame the system not the BE. And give Kent St/Northern Illinois some credit.

And let's not forget that OU has been beaten by a mid major in a bowl b4.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:23 pm

captain organic wrote:
Blame the system not the BE. And give Kent St/Northern Illinois some credit.

And let's not forget that OU has been beaten by a mid major in a bowl b4.
I blame the system for including BE when they obviously are not on the level they need to be at to deserve an AQ bid. No disrespect to Kent State and N. Illinois but nothing they can do can compare to OU going 10-2 with their schedule. It's not even close. That's not fair to the seniors at OU that they are left out of the BCS because the BE has an AQ they don't deserve. Going 10-2 with OU's schedule is far more impressive then anything Kent State or any other mid-major can accomplish.
These teams are not comparable to Boise State, who spent years building their program to that point to where they finally earned a BCS berth. How many solid seasons in a row did they have to put together before they received that bid? They put a ton of player into the NFL, that Boise team was on another level then these mid majors. That is a completely different situation then we have here.
Big 12 is considered by many to be the 2nd best conference overall. 10-2 is enough to get you in the title discussion some years, it's more then deserving of a BCS game this season.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 pm

There is no way to justify Kent State or any mid major over OU this season. OU is not just the far better team they are also far more deserving. Losing only 1 game in the Big 12 is far more impressive then going undefeated in whatever shit conference Kent State is in.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:30 pm

OU, I feel your pain. The BCS is pretty good about setting up a title game (1v2) but after that its pretty bad. The SEC has 6 teams, A&M included, that are more deserving than any BE or non AQ team. That's why a 4 team playoff, BE no longer being included with the big boys, and no limits by conference will be introduced next year.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Welp, i'll just say that u should be rooting hard for Northern Illinois on Friday night. It should be a good game.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 8:59 am

ACC is voting to add UL today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

official Big Beast football thread
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next