Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson

Go down 
+3
marbleheadmaui
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson Empty
PostSubject: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:01 am

remember you asked how good was he really in another thread, heres some of the greatest boxing minds ever with their opinion

Nat Fleischer : maker of Ring magazine, perhaps the msot respected mind on boxing ALL TIME, seriously. he ranked Jack Johnson as the GREATEST heavyweight he ever saw at number 1 (he died in 1972 ) he said Johnson has the all around ability to beat them all.

Archie Moore : the ATG and Knockout king said "The only heavyweight who might have been able to beat Ali was Jack Johnson, a hard hitter and master boxer."

Eddie Futch : a good fighter and perhaps the greatest trainer EVER said "I'd rank Ali with Joe Louis and Jack Johnson as the three greatest heavyweights of all time."

there you have it 3 of the greatest boxing minds ever opinion on the great Jack Johnson
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:30 am

I see. You don't think the game evolved too much?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:43 am

it evolved without a doubt but this guy could go 40 rounds if he had to, GREAT INSIDE FIGHTER RARELY got hit flush ever and could punch hard as hell

he could tie anyone up IMO and make it a ugly fight that ended in him being victorious

and im not the only one obviously considering Eddie Futch died several years ago and trained with Joe Louis, trained Joe Frazier, too Riddick Bowe (along with around 16 more champions)

he had the group going Ali, Louis , Johnson

whats that tell you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:50 am

Bird, like most of you guys on this board those 3 were living in the past also tongue

Nat Fleischer : maker of Ring magazine, perhaps the msot respected mind on boxing ALL TIME, seriously. he ranked Jack Johnson as the GREATEST heavyweight he ever saw at number 1 (he died in 1972 ) he said Johnson has the all around ability to beat them all.

Fleischer never got to see the Thriller in Manilla or The Rumble in the Jungle. I'm sure his opinion would've changed if he had.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 am

so Eddie Futch doesnt know what he was talking about even though he cornered the Thriller in Manila?????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:00 am

Birdofthad wrote:
so Eddie Futch doesnt know what he was talking about even though he cornered the Thriller in Manila?????????

Just busting your balls Very Happy For some reason though in boxing everyone rates the past too highly.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Just busting your balls Very Happy For some reason though in boxing everyone rates the past too highly.

How in HELL would you know? You haven't a CLUE about boxing's past...or it's present as near as I can tell. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:27 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

How in HELL would you know? You haven't a CLUE about boxing's past...or it's present as near as I can tell. Smile

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't know about it. I was a huge boxing fan until about 2004. I live in the present though and don't worship the past.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:39 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't know about it. I was a huge boxing fan until about 2004. I live in the present though and don't worship the past.

No what demonstrates you don't know about it is claiming Ray Robinson, for example, thought exactly the opposite of what he WROTE ABOUT HIMSELF!

As for living in the past? Read Santayana sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:39 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

No what demonstrates you don't know about it is claiming Ray Robinson, for example, thought exactly the opposite of what he WROTE ABOUT HIMSELF!

Lol, when did I ever state what Ray Robinson thought? You just made that up.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 4:35 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Lol, when did I ever state what Ray Robinson thought? You just made that up.

You said he wouldn't have fought as often had he made more money. Sounds like mindreading without a license to me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 4:54 am

No top fighter would fight 20 times a year if they were fighting in this day and age.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
No top fighter would fight 20 times a year if they were fighting in this day and age.

Why do top football players play 16 regular season games a season or baseball players play 162? Or soccer players play two seasons and a world cup?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:13 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Why do top football players play 16 regular season games a season or baseball players play 162? Or soccer players play two seasons and a world cup?

Your comment made no sense at all.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:23 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Why no sense?? They make more money than they ever have and compete more than they ever have. Why in your opinion doesn't this apply to boxing or Ray Robinson. Why are they exempt?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:48 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

And he mind reads again!

The man is impervious to actual evidence!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

And he mind reads again!

I know they fought 20 times a year back in the day but it doesn't mean they would this day and age.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:55 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

And he mind reads again!

I know they fought 20 times a year back in the day but it doesn't mean they would this day and age.

And my evidence is Ray Robinson in his locker room after winning the welterweight title talking with his trainer George Gainford about how important it was that the money not change Robinson's activity level, that he fight as often as he had been so as to stay sharp. It is in his auto-biography.

In the year before he won the title? Robinson fought 14 times. In the year after he won the title? He fought 10 times.

What's your evidence?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:02 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Why no sense?? They make more money than they ever have and compete more than they ever have. Why in your opinion doesn't this apply to boxing or Ray Robinson. Why are they exempt?

Are you ignoring me because Im proving that your theory has more holes than swiss cheese?? Fighters not fighting as much as they did because of the politics of the sport and 88 different belts across a myriad of divisions. Pay for tv also has much to do with this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:23 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

And he mind reads again!

And my evidence is Ray Robinson in his locker room after winning the welterweight title talking with his trainer George Gainford about how important it was that the money not change Robinson's activity level, that he fight as often as he had been so as to stay sharp. It is in his auto-biography.

In the year before he won the title? Robinson fought 14 times. In the year after he won the title? He fought 10 times.

What's your evidence?

Of course he would say that because it was the norm in his day. No one can win this argument because he never fought in this day and age and we can never prove what he would've done.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:46 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

And he mind reads again!

What's your evidence?

Of course he would say that because it was the norm in his day. No one can win this argument because he never fought in this day and age and we can never prove what he would've done.

Bullspit. I have provided evidence based on an EXTREMELY similar situation, you have provided nada. Marble KO1.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:42 pm

James Toney

10 fghts in 1990
8 in 91
7 in 93
7 in 95

Holyfield
7 in 1985

Julio Cesar Chavez
10 in 1980
12 in 1981
12 in 1982
7 in 1983

You were saying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
James Toney

10 fghts in 1990
8 in 91
7 in 93
7 in 95

Holyfield
7 in 1985

Julio Cesar Chavez
10 in 1980
12 in 1981
12 in 1982
7 in 1983

You were saying?

20 years ago isn't today is it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:20 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

And he mind reads again!

What's your evidence?

Bullspit. I have provided evidence based on an EXTREMELY similar situation, you have provided nada. Marble KO1.

No you haven't. No top fighter has fought more than 10 fights a year the last 5 years.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:41 pm

bottom line robinson loved competion and loved money more.soo did other great fighters..i can see robinson now.they tell him fight this mayweather dude for 25 million and IF you win theres 30 million to fight manny pac..robinson would say like he did in the past..line them up for the following two months and floyd would have all he could do to stop robinson from killing him..robby would take the descion out of the judges hands..thats for dam sure...excuses excuses are just that..ohhh harry greb would want to fight them weeks apart.....maybe its the oposite in some regards today..im not paid 5 fortunes to fight there offering me only 3 fortunes ..winky bo hop haye angullo berto gee we can go on and on why they dont fight..there not overpaying me enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson   WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

WOLF this is for you Buddy : Greats Opinions on Jack Johnson
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next