Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. Empty
PostSubject: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Here is all the voting on each era. I made a list of the guys who are in. I also made a list of maybes. I need some input on guys we left out. We also need to decide on the maybe's. I might have missed some stuff so I wanted to have you look to make sure.

2001- present
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/2001-present-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7211.htm

VOTES
Dmar- Manny Pac
Marble-Manny, Morales, BHOP, MAB
Mark-Manny, JMM, Morales, MAB, B-Hop
Bird-Pac, Floyd, MAB , BHOP
Frank-
Captain-Pac, JMM, Morales, MAB, Rafael Marquez
Bobbitt-Barrera, Hopkins, Morales, Pacquiao

IN- Manny Pac

Maybe- JMM, MAB, Morales, B-HOP, Floyd

1981-2000
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1981-2000-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7210.htm

VOTES
Marble[i]-Spinks, Hearns, Leonard, Lopez, Hagler, Pete and Chavez
[i]Frank-Chavez, Pea, Hagler, Sanchez, Galaxy, Lopez, Leonard, Morales, BHOP, McCallum, Hearns, Nelson, Spinks, MAB
Mark-Spinks, Hearns, Leonard, Lopez, Hagler, Pete and Chavez
Dmar-sweet pea, hagler, chavez, Sanchez
Bird-Pernell Whitaker, Julio cesar Chavez, Holyfield, BHOP, Roy Jones (yuck), Larry Holmes, Ray Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Tim Austin, Felix Trinidad
Captain-Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Whitaker, Chavez
SugarRayHatton-morales, hagler, hearns. Leonard

IN- Spinks, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Lopez, Pete, Chavez,

Maybe- Do we have any?

1961-1980
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1961-1980-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7209.htm

VOTES
Dmar-duran, ali, gomez, arguello, monzon, salvotor sanchez
Frank-Monzon, Ali, Foster, Napoles, Griffith, Duran, Arguello, Olivares, Canto, Sanchez, Leonard
Marble- Monzon, Ali, Foster, Napoles, Griffith, Duran, Arguello, Olivares, Canto
Mark- Monzon, Ali, Foster, Napoles, Griffith, Duran, Arguello, Olivares, Canto, Sanchez, Leonard, Jofre
Captain-Monzon, Ali, Benitez, Griffith, Arguello, Duran, Canto, Olivares, Foster
Bird- Frazier, Foreman, Ali, Duran, Arguello, Emile Griffith, Foster, Benitez

IN- Monzon, Ali, Duran, Arguello,

Maybe- Foster, Sanchez, Griffith, Olivares, Canto, Jofre, Napoles,

1941-1960
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1941-1960-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7207.htm

VOTES
Dmar- marciano, pep, robinson, moore, charles, saddler, ortiz, cerdan
Frank- Burley, marciano, pep, robinson, moore, charles, saddler, ortiz, cerdan
Mark- SRR, Charles, Marciano, Moore, Pep, Sadler, Ortiz, Saddler, Cerdan, Burley
Marble- Saddler, Pep, Robinson, Ortiz, Charles, Moore, Gavilan, Perez, Williams, Burley
Captain-Robinson, Charles, Moore, Basillio, Gavilan, Pep, Saddler, Marciano
Bobbitt- Burley, Charles, Marciano, Moore, Ortiz, Pep, Robinson, Sadler
Bird- Pep, Saddler, Robinson, Charles, Marciano, Mongoose, Burley

IN- Marciano, SRR, Pep, Moore, Charles, Ortiz, Saddler, Burley

Maybe- Basillo, Cerdan

1921-1940
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1921-1940-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7206.htm

VOTES
marble- Brown, Canzoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, McLarnin, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis, Conn, Kid Chocolate
Dmar-Canzoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis,
Mark-Canzoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, McLarnin, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis, Conn
Frank-Villa, Brown, Canzoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, McLarnin, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis, Conn, Kid Chocolate, Deacon Tiger Flowers
Bird-Joe Louis, Barney Ross, HENRY ARMSTRONG, McLarnin, Canzoneri, gene Tunney, Panama Al Brown

IN- Cansoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis, Conn

Maybe- Brown, Kid Chocolate, McClarnin

1901-1920
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1901-1920-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7205.htm

VOTES
Marble- Wild, Walcott, Langford, Greb, Gans and Attell
Dmar- jack dempsey,jimmy wilde,walcott, langford, greb, gans, attel
Mark- Langford, Walcott, Greb, Gans, Dempsey
Bobbitt-Wild, Walcott, Langford, Greb, Gans, Johnson, Dempsey
Bird-Wilde, Walcott, Attell, Kilbaine, Jack Johnson, Original Joe Walcott, Jim Jeffries, Langford, Greb, Gans, Joe Jeanette, Sam McVey, Harry Wills, and Dempsey

IN- Wilde, Walcott, Langford, Greb, Gans, Attel, Dempsey

Maybe- Johnson, Jim Jeffries

Up to 1900
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/up-to-1900-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7204.htm

VOTES
Marble- Fitzsimmons, Dixon
Mark- Fitzsimmons, Sullivan, Dempsey
Dmar- Dempesy
Bird-George Dixon, Fitzsimmons, Non Pareli, Peter Jackson, Original Joe Walcott, Terry McGovern

IN- Fitz

Maybe- Dempsey, Dixon

Last edited by soonermark890 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Dixon got 50 percent vote think he should be in same with Non Pareli Dempsey
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 pm

hey fart breath hahah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
hey fart breath hahah
I told you its poo poo breath. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:12 pm

LMAO. Bird your sig. LOL

Whats so funny me and one of the other teachers today was talking about Nolan beating Ventura's ass today.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:13 pm

hilarious considering a 46 year old man beat the piss out of a 23 year old
Ventura was a good player and will always be remembered for getting his ass handled by Nolan

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:14 pm

was first baseball game i ever went to i was like, so does this happen every game? haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
hilarious considering a 46 year old man beat the piss out of a 23 year old
Ventura was a good player and will always be remembered for getting his ass handled by Nolan

I have a baseball card that has Nolan on the front and says "Who is the only player to get 4 hits off of Nolan Ryan in one game?"
On the back is that Picture and the answer is "Robin Ventura." LOL
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Here is all the voting on each era. I made a list of the guys who are in. I also made a list of maybes. I need some input on guys we left out. We also need to decide on the maybe's. I might have missed some stuff so I wanted to have you look to make sure.

2001- present
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/2001-present-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7211.htm

VOTES
Dmar- Manny Pac
Marble-Manny, Morales, BHOP, MAB
Mark-Manny, JMM, Morales, MAB, B-Hop
Bird-Pac, Floyd, MAB , BHOP
Frank-
Captain-Pac, JMM, Morales, MAB, Rafael Marquez
Bobbitt-Barrera, Hopkins, Morales, Pacquiao

IN- Manny Pac

Maybe- JMM, MAB, Morales, B-HOP, Floyd

1981-2000
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1981-2000-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7210.htm

VOTES
Marble[i]-Spinks, Hearns, Leonard, Lopez, Hagler, Pete and Chavez
[i]Frank-Chavez, Pea, Hagler, Sanchez, Galaxy, Lopez, Leonard, Morales, BHOP, McCallum, Hearns, Nelson, Spinks, MAB
Mark-Spinks, Hearns, Leonard, Lopez, Hagler, Pete and Chavez
Dmar-sweet pea, hagler, chavez, Sanchez
Bird-Pernell Whitaker, Julio cesar Chavez, Holyfield, BHOP, Roy Jones (yuck), Larry Holmes, Ray Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Tim Austin, Felix Trinidad
Captain-Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Whitaker, Chavez
SugarRayHatton-morales, hagler, hearns. Leonard

IN- Spinks, Hearns, Leonard, Lopez, Hagler, Pete, Chavez,

Maybe- Hagler, Hearns-ARE THESE TWO IN OR MAYBES?

1961-1980
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1961-1980-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7209.htm

VOTES
Dmar-duran, ali, gomez, arguello, monzon, salvotor sanchez
Frank-Monzon, Ali, Foster, Napoles, Griffith, Duran, Arguello, Olivares, Canto, Sanchez, Leonard
Marble- Monzon, Ali, Foster, Napoles, Griffith, Duran, Arguello, Olivares, Canto
Mark- Monzon, Ali, Foster, Napoles, Griffith, Duran, Arguello, Olivares, Canto, Sanchez, Leonard, Jofre
Captain-Monzon, Ali, Benitez, Griffith, Arguello, Duran, Canto, Olivares, Foster
Bird- Frazier, Foreman, Ali, Duran, Arguello, Emile Griffith, Foster, Benitez

IN- Monzon, Ali, Duran, Arguello,

Maybe- Foster, Sanchez, Griffith, Olivares, Canto, Jofre, Napoles,

1941-1960
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1941-1960-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7207.htm

VOTES
Dmar- marciano, pep, robinson, moore, charles, saddler, ortiz, cerdan
Frank- Burley, marciano, pep, robinson, moore, charles, saddler, ortiz, cerdan
Mark- SRR, Charles, Marciano, Moore, Pep, Sadler, Ortiz, Saddler, Cerdan, Burley
Marble- Saddler, Pep, Robinson, Ortiz, Charles, Moore, Gavilan, Perez, Williams, Burley
Captain-Robinson, Charles, Moore, Basillio, Gavilan, Pep, Saddler, Marciano
Bobbitt- Burley, Charles, Marciano, Moore, Ortiz, Pep, Robinson, Sadler
Bird- Pep, Saddler, Robinson, Charles, Marciano, Mongoose, Burley

IN- Marciano, SRR, Pep, Moore, Charles, Ortiz, Saddler, Cerdan, -iT LOOKS TO ME LIKE cERDAN ONLY HAS THREE VOTES.

Maybe- Basillo, Burley,-LOOKS TO ME LIKE BURLEY HAS FIVE VOTES

1921-1940
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1921-1940-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7206.htm

VOTES
marble- Brown, Canzoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, McLarnin, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis, Conn, Kid Chocolate
Dmar-Canzoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis,
Mark-Canzoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, McLarnin, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis, Conn
Frank-Villa, Brown, Canzoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, McLarnin, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis, Conn, Kid Chocolate, Deacon Tiger Flowers
Bird-Joe Louis, Barney Ross, HENRY ARMSTRONG, McLarnin, Canzoneri, gene Tunney, Panama Al Brown

IN- Cansoneri, Armstrong, Ross, Leonard, Walker, Tunney, Loughran, Louis, Conn

Maybe- Brown, Kid Chocolate, McClarnin

1901-1920
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/1901-1920-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7205.htm

VOTES
Marble- Wild, Walcott, Langford, Greb, Gans and Attell
Dmar- jack dempsey,jimmy wilde,walcott, langford, greb, gans, attel
Mark- Langford, Walcott, Greb, Gans, Dempsey
Bobbitt-Wild, Walcott, Langford, Greb, Gans, Johnson, Dempsey
Bird-Wilde, Walcott, Attell, Kilbaine, Jack Johnson, Original Joe Walcott, Jim Jeffries, Langford, Greb, Gans, Joe Jeanette, Sam McVey, Harry Wills, and Dempsey

IN- Wilde, Walcott, Langford, Greb, Gans, Attel, Dempsey

Maybe- Johnson, Jim Jeffries-I SEE ONLY TWO VOTES FOR JOHNSON and on ly one for Jeffries
Up to 1900
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/boxing-f2/up-to-1900-immortal-nominees-and-voting-t7204.htm

VOTES
Marble- Fitzsimmons, Dixon
Mark- Fitzsimmons, Sullivan, Dempsey
Dmar- Dempesy
Bird-George Dixon, Fitzsimmons, Non Pareli, Peter Jackson, Original Joe Walcott, Terry McGovern

IN- I dont know.

Maybe- Fitz, Dempsey
-I see 3 votes for Fitz and two each for Dixon and Dempsey.

Thanks for the work! Please check me as I may be wrong too.

My suggestion is that we post JUST the "IN" guys and let people who want to make a case for a specific guy they feel is unjustly excluded and get a vote guy by guy. I am impressed and how restricitve we've been. We really are talking tip top of the mountain guys here.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:18 pm

thats actually right , someone tried telling me it was 6 hits but i wouldnt believe that, i will believe 4 hits though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 pm

So Marble does that mean there is not one person in the up to 1900?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:21 pm

soonermark890 wrote:

Thanks

Fitz got 75% of the vote, is that enough or not? I don't remember what we decided. Conceptually if we think none are deserving it doesn't bother me. Whatever outcome the criteria leads to it leads to.

Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:22 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

Thanks

Fitz got 75% of the vote, is that enough or not? I don't remember what we decided?
Yeah I think we said 75%.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:24 pm

If you're unsure I'd err on the side of leaving guys out. Then those of us who give a darn can do a "greatness of" kind of post and see if we can persuade people. Make it kind of an ongoing project.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:27 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
If you're unsure I'd err on the side of leaving guys out. Then those of us who give a darn can do a "greatness of" kind of post and see if we can persuade people. Make it kind of an ongoing project.
I say put in Fitz and then all the guys we have on the IN section. The rest we put up a greatness thing and a poll. Bird, Marble sound good to you guys?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:33 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
I say put in Fitz and then all the guys we have on the IN section. The rest we put up a greatness thing and a poll. Bird, Marble sound good to you guys?

Sounds great, thanks for the work. So were my numbers wrong on Cerdan, Burley etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Sounds great, thanks for the work. So were my numbers wrong on Cerdan, Burley etc?
NO I was wrong. It happens every blue moon. Dont get use to it though. LOL
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:44 pm

sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:37 am

keep the in guys in the out guys out...like a hall of fame ballot keep guys on the list who got good votes and those who did not are eliminated..revote on the top 3 left out in time perhaps with a 75 percent yes to get in..we did a great job..lets not second guess ourselves..in 6 months put up the top 3 who did not maKE IT AND VOTE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:46 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
keep the in guys in the out guys out...like a hall of fame ballot keep guys on the list who got good votes and those who did not are eliminated..revote on the top 3 left out in time perhaps with a 75 percent yes to get in..we did a great job..lets not second guess ourselves..in 6 months put up the top 3 who did not maKE IT AND VOTE.
Ok I will keep this link for the Maybe's and we can look at them again later. Thanks.

Oh and Marble, Dmar and Frank I will make a list in the Immortal section at the top and whenever you guys have time do you want to write a bio on them? We could also put a small Pic up of each one of them. I think we could make this pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.   Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dmar I need you to look at this too. Marble I need your help sir. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1