Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar Empty
PostSubject: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:13 pm

How long do you want to wait until we start to add fighters to the immortal section? I am talking about the no brainers that everyone and I mean everyone has voted for. If there is any debate on a guy we will just start a new thread with a poll and vote.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:08 pm

jsut saw this

i say the obvious thing to do is re-edit the threads you have made, add the obvious 10 that have been nominated then make it a vote where people can vote 3 times (this is at the bottom of the thread screen on edit)

each person votes 3 times for the 3 fighters eligible. Close the results after, oh a week, the 3 with the most votes get in. Next month we will have the next class only each voter only gets 1 vote, hows that sound?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:09 pm

sooner ill send you a private email
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 pm

Dmar had a good idea we can close nominations and then let people vote until Monday. You guys want to allow for error and if we missed someone we can go back and revisit it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 pm

i dont like the idea of having unlimited votes it should be something like 1-3 votes per class IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
i dont like the idea of having unlimited votes it should be something like 1-3 votes per class IMO
What do you mean? You can only vote on one guy one time.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 pm

ahh didnt know that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ahh didnt know that
I am updating the stuff now. Look at it and tell me what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:26 pm

bird your dead wrong.if one era TRULY has 7 legit immortals and one era has only 2 thats the way the cookie crumbles.one vote per era means boxing has only 6 immortal fighters..we would be the laughing stock of any intelligent knowledgeable boxing forum..many a all time great in several eras were not nominated..yet i see extremly week noninations from an era or two..we have left off jack johnson harry wills lou ambers almost left off tiger flowers great but not immortal fighters like zale graziano john henry lewis dick tiger beau jack and billy petrole billy graham and dozens of other fighters to be selective..yet we get tyson roy jones jr lennox lewis why not bowe.he wipped hollifield 3 times perhaps why not norton who wiped ali 3 times perhaps..cause there1 not greats and 2 surely not to be considered an immortal..hell we almost left of dempsey and marciano..jofre yet theres raffy but no zarate ...dont make a mockery out of this any furture.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:47 pm

dmar sorry if im dead wrong just telling you i think its stupid if were trying to make this a voting system for 1 era to have unliited votes

we should have rounds of voting every month IMO
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:56 pm

every month huh..why did louis robinson pep greb fight again..there greatness change..are we going to change the list every month..hes out this guys in..what unlimited votes..if you mean one two or 3 eras could have 20 or 30 guys that could qualify as a extra great and another era has 5..whos fault is that..if you already want to cheapen a great idea goo ahead..if that happens count one extra poster off your list.if you have an agenda thats your problem..if a forum cant recognize the greatest of the greats without puting in names that dont belong to fill up a ewras numbers thats that eras problem...have one for each era..so 1940-60 we choze lets say robinson..soo one of the greatest fighters of all time in louis is out..another in pep.hes out.armstrong hes out..if that happens im out..its not a forum then..its turning into a agenda thats a joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar   Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar Empty

Back to top Go down

Marble, Bird, Frank, and Dmar
Page 1 of 1