Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?

Go down 
+9
OU
GDPofDRC
chorky777
LA
bobbitt15
Andrew the Raider King
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 am

I don't see any other fighter in the UFC beating either 1 except them beating each other.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:07 am

Cain will beat the shit out of Brock. He's much faster, a fantastic wrestler, maybe better than Brock or Carwin, and has ten times the cardio.

Cain takes it deep and grinds Brock down to a late TKO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 am

Honestly, I give Cain no chance at all. Brock is just too big for him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 am

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:16 am

Cain would get smoked by Carwin, and I don't see him troubling Brock much.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:21 am

lol Cain no chance at all? Brock will be like at most 25 pounds bigger, but not much more assuming Brock isn't cutting much at all like he says before all of his UFC bouts and Cain comes in at his usual 240. Cain is a great wrestler and Brock has not been able to dominate any of the wrestlers he has faced in wrestling. Couture got clipped, Carwin punched himself out. Carwin conceded the final takedown, but at that stage he was completely gassed. Cain's MMA wrestling is every bit as good as Carwins and probably better. He is much much faster than Carwin and has better technique standing.

However, he traditionally has been criticized for his lack of finishing power before the Nogueira fight, so my biggest concern for Cain would be letting Brock hang around too long. We know Lesnar hits hard and Cain has been rocked before.

Still, 25 pounds can't fix the rest of the mismatches Lesnar suffers on paper.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:23 am

Carwin probably would smoke Cain, I agree there. Lesnar and Carwin aint the same fighters and they don't fight the same. Did you see what I saw tonight? Lesnar was beaten senseless by Carwin. Lesnar did nothing to win that fight other than absorb inhuman punishment. Carwin wins that fight if they fight again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:26 am

Could Brock survive Overeem's knees ?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:28 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Carwin probably would smoke Cain, I agree there. Lesnar and Carwin aint the same fighters and they don't fight the same. Did you see what I saw tonight? Lesnar was beaten senseless by Carwin. Lesnar did nothing to win that fight other than absorb inhuman punishment. Carwin wins that fight if they fight again.

THIS IS WHAT BROCK HATERS SAW! NOT MMA FANS! LOL AT THIS POST! LA HERE IS SOME PAY BACK! WHAT WILL WOLF SAY WHEN BROCK TEACHES CAIN A LESSON?

Carwin was the only guy with a shot to beat Lesnar imo. That is over. If Greg Jackson and company can't afford the premium gas for that tank, neither will the Saudi Prince! Brock catwalked that mother and you know it. Your hate has blinded you young Skywalker!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:36 am

You're a bumbling fool. Brock's win tonight was one of the great Nogueiran victories in UFC history, but it will disguise what should be a sobering reality for those that think Lesnar is this unbeatable machine. He is far from it. He got mauled tonight. Plain and simple. He has a lot of holes in his game and will lose sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:48 am

I give Cain a chance. He's quick enough standing to connect with Brock's chin because Brock has weak stand up.

I predict a boring fight that grinds up against the cage for most of the rounds.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:53 am

Anything can happen. Cain is a great fighter and nothing can take that away from him. I don't no where the foolish/ignorant thought that he is probably a better wrestler than Brock came from, he isn't but he does create match up problems for anyone. Regardless, once he gets taken to the ground, it will pretty much be over, because Brock is a submission machine!

J/K, he will rip his arms off and call him stumpy.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:43 am

I'll be extremely surprised if Cain could beat Brock. Its tough to give away that much weight to a guy as athletic as Brock and be able to get through the fight
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:32 am

I'd give Cain 0% chance at beatinf Carwin, and 5% chance at beating Brock, Carwin might kill him, Brock will pin him dpown and maul him.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:42 am

I've got Cain by technical superiority.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:43 am

I've got Brock by Brock

sig it if u dig it
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:09 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I don't see any other fighter in the UFC beating either 1 except them beating each other.

From what went down Saturday, yes, they are both beatable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Ya, take Carwin into the second round and he's worthless, and Brock has atrocious standup and flees in terror when hit. Blah blah carwin hits hard not brocks fault. News for ya, everyone at HW hits hard.

They're both top fivish type guys(i may have carwin at 6 but whatever) but neither is unbeatable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Mustapha Al Turk knocks Brock out cold.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Mustapha Al Turk's entire UFC career was based on his name being really cool and sounding like a hybrid between some mysterious pro-wrestler and an Ottoman Emperor.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Mustapha Al Turk's entire UFC career was based on his name being really cool and sounding like a hybrid between some mysterious pro-wrestler and an Ottoman Emperor.

I thought it was based on getting poked in the eye by CC?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Anytime I think of Mustapha Al Turk I envision this man..
Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? Th_azamat
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:46 pm

dont write off cain just yet guys he has a chance just like any other and has proved himself thus far.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Anytime I think of Mustapha Al Turk I envision this man..
Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? Th_azamat

Hmmmm.. I envision this guy...

Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? G3196_photo05
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:05 pm

I think guys that can beat either would include Fedor, Cain, JDS and Overeem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?   Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone beat Brock or Carwin (besides each other) ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next