Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar

Go down 
+7
Bigs03
Wolfgangsta
discovery99
Skyab23
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
11 posters
AuthorMessage

It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar Empty
PostSubject: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:58 am

Until now i've believed Lesnar is unbeatable in the UFC but after Carwin's performance today... wow. Even Lesnar looked very impressed. I still think Lesnar will win but it's a 60-40 shot in my opinion. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:02 am

I still see Lesnar as a heavy favorite. Carwin's ability to pin Mir against the cage payed off big tonight...i don't expect to see that vs. Brock.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:02 am

Whoa now! I am not gonna say that yet. Brock looked alot bigger, but he walked up looking like Frankenstein. I want to wait and see Lesnar work out before I can say he would beat anyone? If Lesnar fights like he did against Mir last time I think he does to Carwin, what GSP did to Hardy. SURRRIOUS!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:03 am

Obviously when you hit that hard you can beat anyone on a given night. I still think Brock is a rather large favorite though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:05 am

Brock won't keep it standing nor will he get pinned against the fence.
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:19 am

Carwin's stand up is better than Brock's and both fighters' wrestling is too close to call, so I'm thinking Carwin has an good chance to win that fight...although I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, I would not be surprised at all to see Carwin win that fight.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:21 am

I've thought Carwin could beat Lesnar since the first time I saw him fight.

It all depends if he can stop the takedowns at all. I think Couture did a great job against Brock in that department, so Carwin should have a good chance at winning.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:22 am

Skyab23 wrote:
Carwin's stand up is better than Brock's and both fighters' wrestling is too close to call, so I'm thinking Carwin has an good chance to win that fight...although I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, I would not be surprised at all to see Carwin win that fight.

Brock is a better wrestler in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:25 am

I actually give Carwin a less realistic chance against Brock now that I've seen this fight. His wrestling and size is not as close of a match as we were lead to believe.

That said, he still has a good chance to win a fight with Brock Lesnar since a lot of these high level HW tilts will be decided by single mistakes and single punches going forward with the cast of contenders the UFC has built.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:34 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I actually give Carwin a less realistic chance against Brock now that I've seen this fight. His wrestling and size is not as close of a match as we were lead to believe.

That said, he still has a good chance to win a fight with Brock Lesnar since a lot of these high level HW tilts will be decided by single mistakes and single punches going forward with the cast of contenders the UFC has built.

I think we have too much still to learn about Brock to say something like that.

The only guy with a wrestling background he's fought was 45 years old and weighed 50lbs. less, and he managed to hold his own in the wrestling in that fight.

I think most people with a brain realized Carwin's size was exaggerated, but he'll still be closer to Brock's size than anyone Brock's fought before.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:38 am

Carwin was unable to take Mir down, but made Brock look like GSP.

Brock's wrestling advantage is size and strength based, and it's obvious he will still have a good advantage there. Brock is younger, closer to his wrestling days, bigger and stronger, in addition to having the better pedigree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:38 am

Brock is much bigger, or at least it looked that way tonight. I don't give Carwin much of a chance really. I'm not sure why Frank was content with getting pushed against the cage. He wasn't even trying to improve his position.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:54 am

I am sorry to disagree, though I think he has better than a punchers chance. Brock is oing to take him to the ground and beat the shit out of him. Might I add, I am so glad I haven't got to watch Frank get his ass beat again.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:15 am

Yeahdidn't we already know Brock was huge, still Carwin poses a bigger threat than Mir did, Carwin is a strong ass dude, I'm very pumped for his fight.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Carwin has a great chance to beat Lesnar and I have thought that for a while. It will easily be the most dangerous opponent Lesnar has ever faced in his career.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:39 pm

redvexx8 wrote:
Carwin has a great chance to beat Lesnar and I have thought that for a while. It will easily be the most dangerous opponent Lesnar has ever faced in his career.

Im not sure Carwin is more dangerous to Brock than Mir was at the time. Anyways Brock looked alot bigger than Carwin and to be honest we keep hearing about how good Carwins wrestling is but I for 1 have really never seen him use it. He hasnt had to but I still havent seen him use it and against Brock he will definitely need to use it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar   It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar Empty

Back to top Go down

It's the 1st time I think Carwin can beat Lesnar
Page 1 of 1