Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd

Go down 
+4
captain organic
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd Empty
PostSubject: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 pm

I guarantee Anderson's elbow is magically better and more than willing to fight Belfort now that he gets to be on the card with the PPV King AKA Brock.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Best UFC card of all-time?

Lesnar-Carwin
Anderson-Vitor
Rashad-Thiago
Dos Santos-Gonzaga
Griffin-Miller
Condit-Daley

Grotesque
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Hard to believe you gotta stick Griffin-Miller or Condit-Daley on the undercard.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:22 am

I bet the Silva/Belfort fight doesn't happen on the 2nd unless Dana jacks the PPV price up $25.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 pm

The UFC always stacks the new years card. I wouldn't be surprised to see it stay like that.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I guarantee Anderson's elbow is magically better and more than willing to fight Belfort now that he gets to be on the card with the PPV King AKA Brock.

so you're saying Anderson's main intentions at this point in his career is to fight under a Brock main event?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:54 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

so you're saying Anderson's main intentions at this point in his career is to fight under a Brock main event?

No he wants to get paid. Anderson gets a PPV cut so with Brock on the card the buys go from 700K to 1.3 Million. Say Anderson gets .075% of every buy. 236,250 to 438,750.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 pm

If Anderson was willing to fight Irvin on Spike, he will be willing to be the #2 on a monster PPV! GSP swallowed his pride on 100, and he's twice the draw that Anderson is, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:03 pm

No way GSP is twice the draw. I'd say they are similar draws.

Guys like Griffin, Liddell, Ortiz, & Couture are bigger draws than the champs though.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

No he wants to get paid. Anderson gets a PPV cut so with Brock on the card the buys go from 700K to 1.3 Million. Say Anderson gets .075% of every buy. 236,250 to 438,750.

I think Anderson gets like 2 or 3 dollars from every ppv buy, so it's an even bigger difference than that.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Guys like Griffin, Liddell, Ortiz, & Couture are bigger draws than the champs though.

Last four PPV for each fighter (Not including 100 for GSP or 101 for Silva)...

GSP: UFC 79 - 700K, UFC 83 - 530K, UFC 87 - 625K, UFC 94 - 800K

Silva: UFC 77 - 325K, UFC 82 - 325K, UFC 90 - 300K, UFC 97 - 625K

The numbers say he's pretty much twice the draw...

He needs to swallow his pride and ride that fat PPV to a fat paycheck because he can't pull the monster numners on his own... This would be better because of Vitor, but it still wouldn't hit close to a million in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:18 pm

I just made up that percentage.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:22 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

He needs to swallow his pride and ride that fat PPV to a fat paycheck because he can't pull the monster numners on his own... This would be better because of Vitor, but it still wouldn't hit close to a million in my opinion.

79 was the New Years Card with Liddell-Silva

94 was the "super" fight with the LW champion moving up. They hyped that up with 3 shows before hand and everything.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

79 was the New Years Card with Liddell-Silva

94 was the "super" fight with the LW champion moving up. They hyped that up with 3 shows before hand and everything.

And some of it has to do with Silva's competition... But Liddell could fight Jason Lambert and pull 600K. Some people can draw and some people can't. Anderson isn't the draw that GSP is, period. 77 was against poster boy Ace Franklin. 82 was against Hendo. 90 was against Cote (Semi understandable). 97 was against Leites and had the backing of Liddell-Rua. I'm just saying that apples to apples, both fighters against top contenders with no superstars on the undercard, Silva isn't pulling GSP's numbers. Silva needs to realize who he is and where he's at in the pecking order of things...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Its not apples to apples.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I just made up that percentage.

I know. I wasn't criticizing. I was trying to show that your point is spot on, only it's even more money he'll be getting for a card with Brock.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:22 pm

I don't see Lesnar fighting in January unless it is Superbowl weekend. Which would make a lot of sense, because you want that kind of exposure.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Why? The new years card is always the biggest every year
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:33 pm

You gotta know Dana is gonna split some of these fights up. He'd blow his wad in the short term if he has all those fights. It would be sweet ass but just don't think all of them will happen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd   Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesnar vs Carwin rescheduled for Jan 2nd
Page 1 of 1