Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?

Go down 
+4
Ludo
LA
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
8 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? Empty
PostSubject: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:20 pm

I know it is early, but I want to know who some of you are taking? I am starting to lean towards Carwin.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:26 pm

I don't know.

I'm trying to take into account all the factos like

Brock's sickness.
The mystery of Shane Carwin because we've never seen the guy for more than a couple minutes ar a time.
The fact that i don't think Brock will be able to dominate Carwin in the fashion he did Herring and Mir so i think we'll have to see a little more from Brock than the ol double leg, and hammerfists.
Carwin has more knockout power. He can clip you and it's night over like it was for Gonzaga and Mir(before the other 20 punches). Brock has no such power IMO.

I'm on the fence. A couple months ago i had Brock easily, but Carwin really opened my eyes dominating a bigger, stronger Frank Mir than Brock faced.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Why doesn't Brock have that power, he caved in Herrings eye socket and barely hit Randy to drop him, though it is Randy at this point. I'd say power is even or goes to Brock.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Yeah he broke Herrings orbital and made him roll backward with a straight right. I see no reason to discount his power in striking. The main difference is Carwin has better striking technique.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm not "discounting" it like he has none, i'm just saying Carwin has far more power...and he does.

Carwin would have knocked out Herring eyeball with that clean of a punch. How many clean shots did Lesnar land on Mir in the first round at 100 and not finish him? same with their first bout. So far it's all been culminitive for Brock, Carwin is liable to kill somebody punching them cleanly as many times as Lesnar punched Herring and Mir. Couture is also out cold IMO.

I don't see how anybody can give Brock the edge or put him even with Carwin. Carwin flat out puts guys to sleep with grazes. Herring and Mir were taking complete bombs from Lesnar and he didnt even finish Herring.

Brock has done nothing to put his KO power on the same level as Carwins. i would have said the same thing before Carwin vs. Mir when i was unimpressed by Carwin overall.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Well haven't seen Brock enough to say that
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Tough one for sure. Normally I would say Brock all day long; however, with the long hiatus I think Carwin has the upper hand and migh eek out a decision.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:52 pm

We havent seen Brock enough to say a lot of the things we say about him, but we say them anyway.

We've seen Brock land some bombs on Herring, Mir (x2) and they obviously had their effect, but we've seen Carwin land less clean shots on Mir, Gonzaga and a bunch of cans and put them to sleep....like the extra 20 punches he put on Mir were completely unecessary, if i remember correctly when Brock was landing all those punches on Mir in round 1 at UFC 100 Mir was actually signalling to his corner saying he was OK.

KO power is Carwin's advantage in this fight, i'm not saying that Brock won't be able to finish him with strikes or Carwin has a chin of the gods...i'm just saying if Carwin is landing clean shots on Brock, he's likely going to win and win big.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Yeah he was signalling he was ok until he was getting his face caved in.

I see what ur saying, but if Brock fought a bunch of lower level guys and Gonzo he might have similar finishes, but he fights different than Carwin anyways.

Last edited by tolivendiewithLA on Sun May 16, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Yo, we haven't seen enough of any of these heavyweights to know anything about how good they are. Of the four major HW champions out there right now, only Fedor has a history of beating top fighters regularly in the recent past or otherwise, but even his recent wins look shakey now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:06 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
We havent seen Brock enough to say a lot of the things we say about him, but we say them anyway.

We've seen Brock land some bombs on Herring, Mir (x2) and they obviously had their effect, but we've seen Carwin land less clean shots on Mir, Gonzaga and a bunch of cans and put them to sleep....like the extra 20 punches he put on Mir were completely unecessary, if i remember correctly when Brock was landing all those punches on Mir in round 1 at UFC 100 Mir was actually signalling to his corner saying he was OK.

KO power is Carwin's advantage in this fight, i'm not saying that Brock won't be able to finish him with strikes or Carwin has a chin of the gods...i'm just saying if Carwin is landing clean shots on Brock, he's likely going to win and win big.

If I remember correctly he was doing the same thing when Carwin was blasting him in the clinch shortly before they seperated, about forty seconds before Carwin started cranking him with uppercuts.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Kings I think Carwin is the better striker, but Brock made Heath and Mir look like they went face first off a building after he fought them. GnP edge to Brock. After seeing GG connect on Carwin I could say that a punch like that from Brock could drop him. This fight could go either way because Randy stunned Brock for a sec and I would think Carwin would KO him if that happens.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Carwin throws the more dangerous GnP because he postures up more. Then again Brock never even needs to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Brock via ground and pound.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm

i agree with Kings on power. sort of.

Brock lands big punches and dudes do somersaults backwards, but they stay awake. perhaps it's thudding power and not KO power.

Oscar de la Hoya said fernando vargas had power like that.

Perhaps it's power without the quickness I don't know, but imo Carwin has more ko power in his punches.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Carwin, wrestling and striking to get Brck in trouble IMO
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:59 pm

captain organic wrote:
i agree with Kings on power. sort of.

Brock lands big punches and dudes do somersaults backwards, but they stay awake. perhaps it's thudding power and not KO power.

Oscar de la Hoya said fernando vargas had power like that.

Perhaps it's power without the quickness I don't know, but imo Carwin has more ko power in his punches.

Carwin has the Bruce Lee wrist snap down and Brock doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:29 pm

I think they are probably a wash power wise, but Carwin has gotten prettier looking KOs.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:31 pm

I just dont think it is in Brocks interest to stand with Carwin
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Wonder what it registers on the seismograph when these two guys collide?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?   Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who ya got in Brock vs Carwin?
Page 1 of 1