Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

brock vs carwin who takes it and how.

Go down 
+9
LTFG
CainVelasquezFan
bobbitt15
NoRegret
JerseyStyle
franklinfan2
OU
Ninja
SOKO
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

brock tko/ko
brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Vote_lcap71%brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Vote_rcap
 71% [ 17 ]
brock decision
brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Vote_lcap0%brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
carwin tko/ko
brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Vote_lcap29%brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Vote_rcap
 29% [ 7 ]
carwin decision
brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Vote_lcap0%brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Empty
PostSubject: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:12 pm

I am going with carwin by tko in hopes that lesnar loses.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:14 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
I am going with carwin by tko in hopes that lesnar loses.

Same.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm with you guys
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Ok I guess you 3 were the 3 that voted for Carwin. I'm not surprised that there were no decision votes. I voted for Brock via TKO using canned hams.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Quote :
I voted for Brock via TKO using canned hams

X2
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:25 pm

2nd round TKO via G'n'P by Brock.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 pm

well it started off close oh well. war carwin
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Lesnar TKO
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Im going with Carwin by TKO.. not that I think it will happen it's just what I hope happens
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:18 pm

I see absolutely no way in which Carwin can pull a win off over Lesnar. I see a repeat of Lesnar v. Herring, with a more improved Lesnar fnishing the job in the second round and Carwin unable to do a damn thing about it...

This will be the nature equivalent of a bear on a salmon, a cat on a mouse, an orca on a seal, Kirstie Alley on a cupcake...

Last edited by LikesToFightGuy on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damn keyboard)
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Not much Carwin has if he's not the same size as Lesnar. Wrestling isn't better, so...TKO for Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:03 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I see absolutely no way in which Carwin can pull a win off over Lesnar. I see a repeat of Lesnar v. Herring, with a more improved Lesnar fnishing the job in the second round and Carwin unable to do a damn thing about it...

This will be the nature equivalent of a bear on a salmon, a cat on a mouse, an orca on a seal, Kirstie Alley on a cupcake...

You know who Shane fucking Carwin is pop? No way he can win eh? How about he lands a cross? KO'd multiple UFC fighters with straight punches. He has a lot of power and much better wrestling than Herring.

Brock out wrestles people because he is significantly larger than they are, let's see what happens when he picks on someone more his own size.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

You know who Shane fucking Carwin is pop? No way he can win eh? How about he lands a cross? KO'd multiple UFC fighters with straight punches. He has a lot of power and much better wrestling than Herring.

Brock out wrestles people because he is significantly larger than they are, let's see what happens when he picks on someone more his own size.

Nope, never heard of him, junior. Is he that guy that barely stayed standing two or three times after taking glancing blows from Gonzaga? Is he that guy that has much less wrestling ability than Brock and will be about a 30-40 pound dog come fight time? Is he the guy that made a name for himself KOing cans in 3rd tier orgs until getting to the UFC where he was fed a couple of more before fighting Gonzaga?

I know that people "think" he's a legit threat... But when they stand toe to toe and we all see the incredible size difference... And we all know the speed, power and ability difference... Those people that hate Brock just to hate and hope that somebody, anybody will take him down are going to realize quickly, this isn't the guy to do it...

Relax and accept that my opinion is different than yours and know you don't have to make this one of your classic shithead exchanges... And of course realize I'm right and we'll all be better for it...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Glancing blows? The ones that caused him to have reconstructive surgery on his nasal passages?

40 fucking pound difference? By all accounts Carwin cuts to 65 as well(which I am also not totally sure is true), but even if he didn't and he was 260 or 265 on the nose, Brock at most weighs around 275-280 so even then it wouldn't be more than 20 pounds different. Brock in his hype videos always says he has to eat a lot and drink a lot to stay at 265 and we're expected to believe that he gains 15 pounds some how before a fight all of a sudden? I don't buy this "Brock cuts 30 pounds" crap, I bet he cuts under 15 or even less. Brock is probably cutting under ten pounds.

Also, Carwin was an experienced and successful college wrestler who was also an all-American in football, so don't make it out like he's not a seriously dangerous athlete himself.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Sorry Wolfy, i disagree on him not cutting 30 lbs of weight or more.

He has always been around 300+ lbs his whole life since his WWE days. Not to mention when he was a backup offensive lineman for the Minnesota Vikings.

I would say he cuts AT LEAST 30 lbs a fight.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:58 pm

carwin comes in natural at 260 and brock will be a good 285-290 and that can take a toll real quick. war carwin
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Wolf, do you ever go by the eye test? Do you date a chick cuz you hear she's hot or do you take a look for yourself? There is no way that there was only a 20-25 pound difference between Mir or Herring and Lesnar... NO WAY! When they are toe to toe, you just try telling yourself that they are basically the same size, because everyone elses eyes will be telling them Brock is a huge freak with a substantial size advantage.

Oh, and yeah I agree that Shane has very good wrestling. Afterall, any D-2 champ could easily finish top 25 in D-1...

Facts are that his ability on the ground isn't near what Lesnar can do and he has zero chance of keeping it standing. He's going to get mauled...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Im with u! I think Brock wins this fight via GNP cause once he takes Carwin down and he will Carwin wont get back up. Brock is a guy that does everything alittle better than Carwin in my opion. He will wear carwin down and finish him in the second round in a very entertaining fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 am

This fight actually made the front page of ESPN. I saw it last night and it is still on the front page of ESPN right now. ESPN loves them some Brock.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 am

“Brock is ready to go now and wants to fight. Carwin makes the most sense. He’s 11-0, and he’s been kicking the [expletive] out of everybody. [Gabriel] Gonzaga destroyed [Mirko] Cro Cop and he [Carwin] totally destroyed Gonzaga. Plus, he hates Brock Lesnar. It’s going to be two huge guys going at it. He’s got the power to knock anybody out and he’s got great wrestling too. He’s one of the guys that has the size to match up with Brock, too. This is one of those fights that could be wild. Someone’s going to get their head knocked off.”

UFC President Dana White chimes in on the pending showdown between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:16 pm

I am absolutely rooting for Carwin to beat the snot out of Lesnar. However, Logic dictates that Lesnar takes him down and beats the piss out of the guy, sorry to say.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Zero chance of keeping it standing? LTFG you're too much.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Zero chance of keeping it standing? LTFG you're too much.

A full day later you come with this?... You antagonistic troll...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Either I have a reply in another thread to you on the same issue or mine didn't post. Either way on the issue at hand here, as far as an Eye test; Brock looks every bit as big at the weigh ins compared to his opponents and doesn't appear dehydrated, certainly to the point he is unnaturally 30 pounds of water lighter. The UFC has been taking promotional license with Carwin's size and I have no doubt Brock is exaggerated as well. Fact remains Brock in interviews I have watched before several fights stated he isn't much larger than 265. Maybe that has changed or Brock was being modest, maybe Brock's huge size makes 30 pounds much less conspicious and maybe the UFC hasn't embellished a little bit. Doubtful though.

Brock relies heavily on strength. He had takedowns stuffed against Couture and couldn't hold him down either in the first round. While Couture's wrestling skills are far superior to both fighters, he was also significantly smaller. I am not convinced that Lesnar's wrestling talents could hold someone down who is a near match for strength and has extensive wrestling training as well.

A lot is made of Brock being a D-1 champion and Carwin being a D-2 champion. It should be noted that many years have separated the two men from their wrestling days. I don't know if Carwin stayed active in wrestling but I know Brock did not. Some of the skills there have had to have eroded. Considering Brock was not the most technical wrestler in the first place, and we have seen many a D-1 national champion in smaller, more technique driven classes bested in the MMA wrestling department by guys who have less or no wrestling pedigree, I can't say I am sold on Brock being able to steamroll everyone, much less someone like Carwin who has demonstrated a ready skill set. He rose right back up to his feet right after having his nasal passages shattered with a 250 pound world class BJJ black belt on top of him.

Both men presumably have iron chins simply because they have larger, thicker skulls and have necks that can generate more torque than most users here can with their core muscles, but Carwin has shown inhuman levels of KO power. Carwin appears every bit as super powered as Lesnar.

And that brings up the final point on this fight, and this match up - maybe it's just the first guy to land one.

Saying Carwin has no chance is foolish at best. Too many variables and too many unknowns. There are only two to three top ten wins spread between either fighter.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:06 pm

Wolf I think ur giving Carwin a better shot to win then most but I wonder is that cause u think he can or will win or is it because u hate Brock so much?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brock vs carwin who takes it and how.   brock vs carwin who takes it and how. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next