Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin

Go down 
+11
ohiovol62
OU
Andrew the Raider King
Deezy0814
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
LA
oggy420
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin Empty
PostSubject: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:27 pm

I've been thinking about it, and i've decided that Shane Carwin is gonna ko Brock Lesnar. There is just too much going against him. The health scare, the really long layoff for a guy who doesn't have much experience to begin with, the fact that he's facing a guy who will be just as strong as him, and he's facing a guy who is a ko machine. Brock has never faced someone with this type of power, and that is not debatable. Plus Brock's bread and butter is his wrestling, not exactly an area of weakness for Carwin either. At some point in this fight Brock is gonna have to trade hands with Carwin, and that is just not a very good thing.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:32 pm

The same could be said the other way around, Carwin has never faced someone with Brock's power, no one on Brock's level as a wrestler, and no one even close to as big as Brock.

This will truly be The Hulk vs. The Juggernaut

No matter who loses both guy are still legit top 5 HWs IMO
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Neither has ever beaten a legit top five HW so it's hard to say that. Frank Mir is the only true opponent either has face and I wouldn't be shocked if he lost three in a row, would you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:03 pm

I knew what you'd post Wolf, but I have a hard time seeing many guys beating these two

Fedor, Cain, Dos Santos, Reem, and Barnett from a couple years ago, that's it and not sure I really believe some of those guys could.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:06 pm

I do believe it is probably as close to 50-50 as it gets. All signs point me to take Carwin but there is no way I can. Brock will win this fight by great wrestling takedowns and crazy GNP in my opion.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:11 pm

How do we know what kind of cardio Carwin has? We assume both guys have good chins but neither has really fought any kind of striker. Too many questions. Not enough answers. I think there are numerous fighters who could possibly beat them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Who?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Who?

Good question LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Dos Santos and Cain are no chance against Brock. The only 2 that are, are Shane and Fedor.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 pm

I would not write off Cain Velasquez against anybody...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:23 am

well it happened

a guy that i always beat on bets was talking out of his ass about how Brock Lesnar is the face of MMA and is going to destroy Carwin

I am taking Carwin (I also took Rampage over Liddell and Rua over Machida vs this guy, so i know how to shut his shit talkin down)

but ive convinced myself, Lesnar is the one with ring rust. Lesnar is the one that had a hard time with Frank Mirs stand up, Lesnars the one that went rounds with Frank Mir

Shane Carwin new champ
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:10 am

I don't think Brock had a hard time with Frank's standup, he landed a all or nothing knee. The first fight Brock dropped Mir standing. He also went a rd and change, only because he was being cautious and taking his time.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:12 am

Brock via arm triangle
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 am

Brock via lunch pails to carwins head
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin   Looking ahead, Brock vs Carwin EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 am

Brock via

[youtube]