Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:

Go down 
+11
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
boomer sooner
OU
Bigs03
Wolfgangsta
MMAEYES
ohiovol62
chorky777
josh200612
LA
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Rampage
Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: Vote_lcap63%Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: Vote_rcap
 63% [ 12 ]
Rashad
Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: Vote_lcap37%Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: Vote_rcap
 37% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: Empty
PostSubject: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:48 am

Pretty simple, Pride rules, ring....

Same Rashad that fought Page Saturday, but a Rampage not coming off a long ass layoff with movie distractions, the Page that fought Hendo for instance or whoever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 am

Page still gets outclassed, he's too slow and plodding to beat Rashad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 4:03 am

Rampage wins. Rashad wouldn't be able to hold Rampage against the cage like he did so much in their fight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 4:04 am

Ali be honest what was the first Rampage fight you saw?

Do you also know how much fighting in pride would change things?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 4:10 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Ali be honest what was the first Rampage fight you saw?

Do you also know how much fighting in pride would change things?

Probably the Forrest fight, however I have seen Page pride clips. It's not going to change the fact he's got atrocious footwork and average speed.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 4:11 am

I knew it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:33 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I knew it

Instead of looking down on my opinion try and convince me.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:32 am

ali you are nuts then.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:03 am

I say Rashad takes him down and knees him to the head. Rampage wouldn't have had anywhere to run, or a cage to lean against to save him from getting taken down. Especially if Rashad still came out and clipped him the way he did in this fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 am

josh200612 wrote:
ali you are nuts then.

?

I know Rampage is your boy Josh, but I just feel Rashad will always be too fast and athletic for him.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 am

Rashad would lose a lot of fights in PRIDE as he would not have an octagon to control
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 am

ohiovol62 wrote:
Rashad would lose a lot of fights in PRIDE as he would not have an octagon to control

I don't know about "alot" of fights but he def would have more trouble with guys like Page in a ring.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:25 am

If it was a Hendo Page, he'd have more of a shot, but he'd still be taken down and suffer from being half the speed of Rashad Evans, but if it was Pride Rampage he'd be knocked silly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:26 am

But this fight haunts more than just Rampage. Look at how his fans are like "ya well whatever, rashad may have embarrassed him but rashad didnt impress me, he sucks, rampage would win in pride!!!"

Poor Rampage fans. :'(
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:52 am

Poor Rampage? Come on, I seriously doubt anyone is feeling sorry for him. The bottom line is that aside from that ghost KO punch people saw at the start, Rashad didn't do much of anything in that fight.

Hey, he got the win so I guess mission accomplished...but he didn't do anything close to what he said he was gonna do. Some guys back up their shit talk and some don't. Rashad is the latter.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:28 am

And what do you call what Rampage did? Rampage talked the bigger shit of the two and by far did less.

Only one of the two came close to backing it up, and that was Rashad Evans.

I am sorry, but it is just bitterness to fault a fighter for not knocking his opponent out after prefight "im knocking you out" talk. I think we'd have to criticize every fighter who went to a decision in history. Rampage got fucking owned from start to finish. Accept it.

Maybe I should consult with Ninja about providing counselors for some of the members here. There seems to be a need for it, as some members are taking this extremely hard.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:34 am

I'm not taking it hard at all. Rampage came to throw down and settle this shit, Rashad came to hump Rampage's leg against the cage. Shame on him.

While you were watching that fight you were honestly thinking, damn, Rashad is straight up owning Page??? Not me. I was thinking, damn, I wish Rashad would actually fight instead of failing at takedown attempts and holding Page against the cage.

There's a reason they were separated multiple times. Rashad was attempting takedowns and failing but instead of being active with dirty boxing or just backing out he decided to stay on the cage and hold Page there. It looked more like that garbage you hate so much on the TUF show. Yeah, definitely looked more like a TUF fight than a PPV main event.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:42 am

I thought Rampage had him in the 3rd. Props to Rashad for recovering from that.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 am

Man, people are having a really hard time accepting Rampage's defeat. I don't know if it's Rashad hate or Rampage love. Probably both. Rashad is a better fighter than Rampage, deal with it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 am

boomer sooner wrote:
Man, people are having a really hard time accepting Rampage's defeat. I don't know if it's Rashad hate or Rampage love. Probably both. Rashad is a better fighter than Rampage, deal with it.

I don't really agree with that. I think a rematch could go differently.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:50 am

It's not easy to root for a guy who is content to hump and hold when he thinks he is ahead, especially when he dance in the cage like he is TO and talks about putting people to sleep. I can only recall three, maybe four total punches thrown by Rashad that had true finishing intent. I've never seen him KO anyone with a slam.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:10 pm

What was I thinking during the fight? I was criticizing and commenting on Rashad trying to use his wrestling against a physically stronger opponent with wrestling skills as he has in the past, but then once he started finding success I was impressed by his ability to control and takedown Jackson. He showed a lot of determination and strength to have his takedowns stuffed often yet still continue fighting for the takedown until he tired Rampage out and gained the advantage in wrestling. When was the last time someone could impose his will on Page with wrestling?

Rampage hits way to hard in the clinch to get foolish with him there either. Obviously it was a priority rule in his gameplan set by Greg Jackson to avoid both the pocket and the clinch where Rampage is most dangerous. I don't fault Greg Jackson for this strategy here nor did I fault GSP for this strategy against Thiago Alves. Rampage is dangerous in exactly two places - trading counters and in the single collar tie. Evans avoided those two areas the entire fight and still managed to get clipped and nearly finished. Obviously he chose the right strategy if he was interested in winning.

He out muscled him, out hustled him, jacked his jaw like no one in the UFC ever has and made him respect his power. Rashad completely owned Rampage start to finish. Rampage is used to being bigger and stronger and bullying his opponents, but Rashad through grit, technique and athleticism would have none of it, despite being a true middleweight.

No I guess it wasn't the back and fourth slugfests fans had anticipated after the smacktalk, but it went just as I anticipated if Rashad was going to win. I feel it was the best performance of Evans career, and more impressive than Liddell or Forrest even.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Would it be smart to swing for the fence in the third when you are up 2-0? WHy give your opponent the chance?

Rashad just wasn't looking to throw punching combinations, which would be to Quinton's advantage, but he was definitely throwing fight finishing shots, as seen in the first round. In all reality, his striking was high end MMA featuring punches followed by takedowns/clinches.

And if the fight goes five rounds, I think Evans finishes it on the ground. His GnP was getting more vicious with each round.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:12 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What was I thinking during the fight? I was criticizing and commenting on Rashad trying to use his wrestling against a physically stronger opponent with wrestling skills as he has in the past, but then once he started finding success I was impressed by his ability to control and takedown Jackson. He showed a lot of determination and strength to have his takedowns stuffed often yet still continue fighting for the takedown until he tired Rampage out and gained the advantage in wrestling. When was the last time someone could impose his will on Page with wrestling?

Rampage hits way to hard in the clinch to get foolish with him there either. Obviously it was a priority rule in his gameplan set by Greg Jackson to avoid both the pocket and the clinch where Rampage is most dangerous. I don't fault Greg Jackson for this strategy here nor did I fault GSP for this strategy against Thiago Alves. Rampage is dangerous in exactly two places - trading counters and in the single collar tie. Evans avoided those two areas the entire fight and still managed to get clipped and nearly finished. Obviously he chose the right strategy if he was interested in winning.

He out muscled him, out hustled him, jacked his jaw like no one in the UFC ever has and made him respect his power. Rashad completely owned Rampage start to finish. Rampage is used to being bigger and stronger and bullying his opponents, but Rashad through grit, technique and athleticism would have none of it, despite being a true middleweight.

No I guess it wasn't the back and fourth slugfests fans had anticipated after the smacktalk, but it went just as I anticipated if Rashad was going to win. I feel it was the best performance of Evans career, and more impressive than Liddell or Forrest even.

Agree 100%
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Wolfy you're really going overboard, how did Rashad embarrass Page? He hugged on him and danced around for 80% of the fight. His so-called KO punch merely caught Page off balance, in fact I don't even think Rashad is capable of finishing Page.

A lot of us are unimpressed, becuase Shad wasn't impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride:   Rampage vs. Rashad in Pride: Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next