Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
Ninja
timthebim
bsjets
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bsjets
bsjets

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP, Urijah Faber, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone

Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... Empty
PostSubject: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:45 am

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2997

Fight might be moved due to Rampage's role in A-Team movie.

Great quote in article from Dana White:
"Rampage wants to be a movie star,… He's up for it, and he talked to me, he wants to do this thing, and he's like, 'Listen, man, this is really important to me...there's some sentimental value here for me, me and my Dad grew up watching The A-Team together and we loved it,’” White explained.

"I said, 'Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now? He's thinking about beating your fuckin’ ass. He's not sitting around thinking about him and his mom used to watch the fuckin’ 'Love Boat' together, and he wants to get the role of 'Isaac the Bartender'...you know what I mean?”
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:54 am

LOL thats funny as hell but he is right. Rampage needs to be focused or Rashad can and will beat him.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 am

We really don't need anymore Cung Lees in MMA.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:38 am

We need more Cung Le's actually in MMA though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
We need more Cung Le's actually in MMA though...

Good point. Hey wonder which guy Rampage is playing lol.
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Rampage is retarded......I think he's afraid of Rashad and Lyoto and doesnt wanna get beat down by either of them.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:41 pm

They should put stipulations in contracts that movie roles cannot interfere with a fighter's obligations to the company.

Chad Ochocinco can't miss time because he wants to play Urkel in a saved by the bell remake.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:06 pm

I usually don't buy into fighters being afraid of fighters but it is pretty lame that Rampage turned down a title shot against Lyoto citing that he really really wanted a fight with Rashad first. It's personal and all that shit. Now he wants to put that on hold to be in a movie. These guys are fighters, not actors, when are they going to get that?

Im talking about Cung Le as well. That guy talks like he's some big shot actor now when the only reason he is getting roles is BECAUSE HE'S A FIGHTER. Get your ass back in the cage.
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:11 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I usually don't buy into fighters being afraid of fighters but it is pretty lame that Rampage turned down a title shot against Lyoto citing that he really really wanted a fight with Rashad first. It's personal and all that shit. Now he wants to put that on hold to be in a movie. These guys are fighters, not actors, when are they going to get that?

Im talking about Cung Le as well. That guy talks like he's some big shot actor now when the only reason he is getting roles is BECAUSE HE'S A FIGHTER. Get your ass back in the cage.

So you dont believe that Rampage, is afraid of Lyoto?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:15 pm

The Great One wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

I don't know. It would appear he does not want any part of Lyoto. I think there is a strong possibility he just does not care about fighting anymore.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:56 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
The Great One wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

I don't know. It would appear he does not want any part of Lyoto. I think there is a strong possibility he just does not care about fighting anymore.

+1 I think his fight career is coming to an end pretty soon and he is starting to venture off into other things now. He needs to be 100 percent into fighting Machida or Rashad or just dont fight. I dont want to hear Rashad knocked me on my ass cause I was trying to be a movie star.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:58 pm

I doubt Rampage is afraid of anybody. He's just been doing this a long time and who knows how much passion he still has for it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Rampage may or may not be afraid of Lyoto, but he isn't completely retarded and knows his game offers nothing that Rashad's doesn't. How is Page ever gonna win that fight? Page knows his limitations.

Also, Cung has had a long fighting career prior to MMA where he went undefeated. I can understand why he's ready to move on, it just pisses me off because I know that he could have been special had he stuck with MMA for a few years. He has Machida like ability.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Rampage fights for money... not because he has a passion for fighting... if he can get a role in a big time hollywood film I don't blame him for going for it. He's not afraid of anyone.

But I don't think Rampage is actually gonna be in the A-Team movie because I've read other articles that deny it, and imdb has Common or The Game rumored to be playing BA Baracus... Rampage used to be there.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Rampage has been in this role for a while now actually. If he ends up not playing it it's because Dana twists his arm.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:04 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Rampage has been in this role for a while now actually. If he ends up not playing it it's because Dana twists his arm.

There have been rumors for a while... that's it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....   Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage vs. Rashad Might Be Moved....
Page 1 of 1