Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua

Go down 
+14
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
SOKO
Bigs03
timthebim
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
LA
LTFG
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:14 am

I give him a shot vs Bader also.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:16 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
The only guy in the LHW top 10 that Randy has any chance of being competitive against is Forrest. Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Lil Nog, Thiago, Bader, Cane, Bones, etc all KO him

I disagree. Sorry but I do. Rashad would come in there overconfident, ready to KO the 'old man'. Knowing that he is younger, stronger, and faster, thinking in his heart of hearts that his wrestling is superior. It isn't. It isn't even the same kind of wrestling and eventually Randy, who does hit hard and accurate is going to land a nasty shot and TKO you or beat you down, all while you are fighting him off against the cage. Page too! Page's wrestling is not even in the same category. The only ones I see as a legit threat are Bones Jones & Lil Nog. I say give him a hard fight against anyone but those two , see if he pulls it out and if he does, give him a title shot, just for the sale.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:00 am

I didn't expect anything less. You've proven you have no ability to be unbiased when it comes to Randy. You think Randy is about 10x better than he actually is at this point. He's an old man with a deteriorated chin who would get eaten alive by this LHW division filled with young animals and big punchers. He would fuckin get knocked out cold by Rashad and Rampage.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:02 am

Absoulutely Bobbitt any1 who thinks Randy will beat rashad at this stage is crazy.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:06 am

I am a fan of the man. Yeah! However, everytime I go against Randy, he wins. One way or the other.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:07 am

I just think Randy at this stage is just not fast enough for rashad and randy is a legend so its unlikely that Rashad would overlook him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:08 am

I love Randy too. But for as great of shape he can stay in the one thing that has disappeared at his age is the ability to take a punch and he's sitting in a division with a bunch of unbelievable standup guys who are all faster than him. That's a nightmare
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:19 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I love Randy too. But for as great of shape he can stay in the one thing that has disappeared at his age is the ability to take a punch and he's sitting in a division with a bunch of unbelievable standup guys who are all faster than him. That's a nightmare

I am not denying that what-so-ever! I am saying his ability to tie people up, gives him an advantage, most people don't have the training G/R Wrestling that he does, so yes it gives him an advantage most don't have.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:24 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
There are numerous differences between Randy and Shogun's title shot. There was no one to fight for the title when Shogun was originally offered the fight, first off. Secondly Shogun is like literally half Randy's age and had an actual chance to be a good, fast fighter again, where Randy as old and slow as he is only has the chance to lose brain tissue.

We already said timing was the only difference. Just like you just said. But we also were not comparing the fighters just the road the fighters took. So it looks like you agree the only difference is the timing.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:28 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
The only guy in the LHW top 10 that Randy has any chance of being competitive against is Forrest. Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Lil Nog, Thiago, Bader, Cane, Bones, etc all KO him

Cane? Really?

Cane gets his ass pushed against the cage for 3 rounds and loses.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:32 am

Randy is in danger in every fight now of getting KO'd, by guys who aren't even KO punchers, let alone Cane.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:39 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Randy is in danger in every fight now of getting KO'd, by guys who aren't even KO punchers, let alone Cane.

How many times has he been KO'd recently? Besides a grazing shot to the back of his head by Brock that resulted in the TKO I can't recall another one. I know he got rocked a couple times but give the old man credit for still being able to fight through it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:44 am

He gets rocked with ease, every fight he's in, I think Coleman rocked him
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:48 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
He gets rocked with ease, every fight he's in, I think Coleman rocked him

Rocked but he fought through it right? Really wasn't even in danger of being KO'd either, just rocked for a sec. I'm just saying I think you are going a little far, just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:54 am

We'll see
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:55 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
We'll see

when? You think Randy gets KO'd by Toney?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:56 am

I think there's a possiblity, if not I'd bet anything whoever he fights next puts him down. I love Randy but he's at a point where I just don't trust his ability to take a shot anymore
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:00 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I think there's a possiblity, if not I'd bet anything whoever he fights next puts him down. I love Randy but he's at a point where I just don't trust his ability to take a shot anymore

I would love to take that AV bet when the time roles around. Randy might look tired, but he won't go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Randy Couture gets hit and hurt in every fight he is in. Look how awesome and fast Nog looked against Couture, and then look how fast Cain was in comparison. Shawn Thompkins, Randy's former long time striking coach has said Randy is old and slow and KO prone. He even felt Coleman's best chance was to try and punch Randy in the face and gave Coleman that game plan. It almost worked.

Honestly you have to be in denial at this point to ignore how hurtable and hittable Randy is on a fight by fight basis since 2007.

Quote :
We already said timing was the only difference. Just like you just said. But we also were not comparing the fighters just the road the fighters took. So it looks like you agree the only difference is the timing.

That isn't what I said, unless "timing" means the entire context of the fight in terms of the age and physical ability of the two fighters. Timing? What, like the twenty year age gap?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Randy Couture gets hit and hurt in every fight he is in. Look how awesome and fast Nog looked against Couture, and then look how fast Cain was in comparison. Shawn Thompkins, Randy's former long time striking coach has said Randy is old and slow and KO prone. He even felt Coleman's best chance was to try and punch Randy in the face and gave Coleman that game plan. It almost worked.

Honestly you have to be in denial at this point to ignore how hurtable and hittable Randy is on a fight by fight basis since 2007.

Quote :

That isn't what I said, unless "timing" means the entire context of the fight in terms of the age and physical ability of the two fighters. Timing? What, like the twenty year age gap?

Wolfy do you read the post? I said comparing the ROADS of the fighters, the only difference is timing.
Comparing the FIGHTERS themseleves is what you are doing with the age, past, future thing. Once again Wolfy when comparing the roads of the fighters and the roads only...what is the difference? Not comparing the fighters themselves but the road they took to the title.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:25 pm

The "roads" are totally different because of the context of the two different fighters, so comparing strictly the "roads" and whatever that means to you while ignoring the rest of the data is pretty stupid.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The "roads" are totally different because of the context of the two different fighters, so comparing strictly the "roads" and whatever that means to you while ignoring the rest of the data is pretty stupid.

Wolf what is your deal? Why even post on the subject if you won't even have a real conversation? All I said was the road(meaning the fighers they fought) were not too different. You can't compare the roads of the fighters? I can't ask that question? The original question wasn't even directed at you so if you didn't like it why respond? You are just being difficult just to be difficult.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:41 pm

I'll try and keep it simple. You asked how their "roads" were different. I said they were very different because the context of the two fighters is very different. You want to compare their recent two or three fights as if the two fighters are in the same situation. I don't feel that is really rational or worthwhile. Still with me?

But I'll stick to your "road" concept. Randy is rocked in every recent fight he is in, including a questionable victory over Vera. Shogun had cardio problems after a long lay off, but wasn't seriously hurt against either Coleman or Liddell.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I'll try and keep it simple. You asked how their "roads" were different. I said they were very different because the context of the two fighters is very different. You want to compare their recent two or three fights as if the two fighters are in the same situation. I don't feel that is really rational or worthwhile. Still with me?

But I'll stick to your "road" concept. Randy is rocked in every recent fight he is in, including a questionable victory over Vera. Shogun had cardio problems after a long lay off, but wasn't seriously hurt against either Coleman or Liddell.

You just don't get it Wolfy, I don't know if you just refuse to comprehend or you are just deadset on not having a real conversation. Keep it simple for me when you can't even answer the simplest of questions. Just stop Wolfy, I have no interest in continuing this non conversation with you. I give up.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Is sooners being real or is this a game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next