Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida

Go down 
+6
SOKO
muayjitsu
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
The Great One
Ninja
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida Empty
PostSubject: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:44 am

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:00 am

Machida would destroy Cotoure...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:09 am

Couture's lack of speed is going to hurt him.

I think the way to unlike the Machida secret is when he explodes in and fire his punches grab his ass and toss him to the matt or land a big shot.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:46 am

Couture would get hurt here. He thinks he would keep the fight in the clinch and get it to the ground from there. Not happenin Randy my man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:27 am

He would have to earn his shot not just jump down and face machida. The LHW division is not weak he would at least need one good win against a top contender in the weight class before getting machida.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:28 am

as much as I like randy and as good of a gameplane he would have he would get picked apart.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:38 am

I think Randy might have one of the better styles to beat Machida. Whoever beats Machida will probably have to make it an ugly, grind it out fight. Randy's specialty. Forrest Griffin was on Rome last week and he talked about how no one wants to fight Machida RIGHT NOW, but eventually someone will expose him and everyone will say "ohhh that is how we should fight him". I think GnP might be it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 am

GnP is easier said than done. Did you see how Machida tossed a bigger stronger(?) Tito around like nothing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
GnP is easier said than done. Did you see how Machida tossed a bigger stronger(?) Tito around like nothing.

I think Randy is much better at executing his game plan. I think he would have more success controlling Machida, I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:38 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
He would have to earn his shot not just jump down and face machida. The LHW division is not weak he would at least need one good win against a top contender in the weight class before getting machida.

Randy is one of the few guys who could probably move down and get an immediate shot. He only has a few fights left so Dana might let him have a shot at the title if he wants it.

Besides, Randy's a big name and could sell PPVs since Machida's name won't sell jack shit to the casual fan.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Randy's style is condusive to causing issues for Machida. His age and deteriorating skills however are not. It's going to take a very patient and tactical fighter that doesn't get lured in and make mistakes to take Machida down... Machida arrived five years too late for Randy...

Last edited by LikesToFightGuy on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:56 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I think Randy is much better at executing his game plan. I think he would have more success controlling Machida, I could be wrong though.

I disagree. You better be careful though, Machida is watching you!

(see LA's av lol! )
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:07 pm

UFC fans love Machida. They chanted his name during his bout. The ovation he got at UFC 100 was amazing. I don't but the "he cant sell ppvs" bit.

That said, Randy would get rendered unconscious quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
UFC fans love Machida. They chanted his name during his bout. The ovation he got at UFC 100 was amazing. I don't but the "he cant sell ppvs" bit.

That said, Randy would get rendered unconscious quickly.

Yes^^
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:39 am

Bigs03 wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

Randy is one of the few guys who could probably move down and get an immediate shot. He only has a few fights left so Dana might let him have a shot at the title if he wants it.

Besides, Randy's a big name and could sell PPVs since Machida's name won't sell jack shit to the casual fan.

Well I actualy think all the casual fans will be all over the rashad vs rampage winner. I mean all this hype they will produce with tuf i know it will be the highest rated show yet because all the kimbo fans out there. The bigger fight will be the winner of that vs machida. I also believe if Randy were to come down and get a shot off the back it would discredit MMA again people would be saying how he didn't have to fight anyone at the weight class and how some 40something year old is the best contender they have. Its just better for randy to stay at heavy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida   Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida Empty

Back to top Go down

Couture says he would move down to 205 pounds to face Lyoto Machida
Page 1 of 1