Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua

Go down 
+14
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
SOKO
Bigs03
timthebim
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
LA
LTFG
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:57 am

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:
Couture says he deserves winner of Shogun-Rua

being old and posting strikes again

I understand the urge to pick at an error, especially when the poster isn't known for making mistakes... But from you CuBua?... I'm genuinely hurt. Seriously, I'm just shocked it took almost 8 hours and 20 posts for someone to point it out...

Question is, was I just typing and ran Shogun and Rua together, so excited about the fight and him righting a wrong, or just senility setting in? What was I saying again?....

Come on LTFG, he was just cracking a joke...nothing to get offended about.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:20 pm

I wasn't offended Bigs... Just cracking one as well with my old man humor. I know it's dry and hard to follow, but there's old man humor in there. I thought adding the "seriously" and the finishing punch line would make it obvious, but apparently my old man humor missed the mark again... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Damn it LTFG that sign is so queer!
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Yeah, but damn it's funny...

I've actually been thinking of another one for a while... Maybe it's time... lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:31 pm

lol heres the thing tho, every time u post something and i see it, i think ur the curly haired kid for some reason
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Really what is the difference between the road Shogun got to a title and the road Randy is on?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:36 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
lol heres the thing tho, every time u post something and i see it, i think ur the curly haired kid for some reason

lol... Now that makes it "very" funny then. If I change it to a bald, middle aged guy wearing a neck brace holding his pill bottles, would that help you see the real truth or will you always go back to the red headed booger picker?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:38 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

lol... Now that makes it "very" funny then. If I change it to a bald, middle aged guy wearing a neck brace holding his pill bottles, would that help you see the real truth or will you always go back to the red headed booger picker?
Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 Img-article---andersen-tough-guy_185810983166
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:39 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Really what is the difference between the road Shogun got to a title and the road Randy is on?

A lack of options when Shogun was given his shot...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:40 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 Img-article---andersen-tough-guy_185810983166

Love it Sooners... Not "quite" that old, but nice...
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:41 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

None.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:47 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

A lack of options when Shogun was given his shot...

Exactly the road itself is no different, only thing is the timing.
I thought you might like that pic lol
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Understood... My point being that now there are other options that "should" keep Couture out of a title fight. Rampage, Evans and Lil Nog are all better options at this point. We all know that, but Dana is known for doing stupid shit and I have a feeling we are going to see Randy in a title fight again...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:55 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Understood... My point being that now there are other options that "should" keep Couture out of a title fight. Rampage, Evans and Lil Nog are all better options at this point. We all know that, but Dana is known for doing stupid shit and I have a feeling we are going to see Randy in a title fight again...

But like you said Shoguns run wasn't any better. If you look at other WC you will find far more examples of people doing less for their shots as well. But I'm sure Shogun's past in PRIDE played a role in his express title shot, just like Randy's past titles usually put him in the express lane.
What if Machida and Rashad both win? Would the UFC rather have Evans vs Machida rematch? Or throw Randy one last bone?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:58 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

I've actually been thinking of another one for a while... Maybe it's time... lol

It was funny at first but after awhile you just get tired of seeing a couple queers on the screen.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 12:59 pm

I try to keep the Sigs fresh. But the avatar is sacred.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:00 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

But like you said Shoguns run wasn't any better. If you look at other WC you will find far more examples of people doing less for their shots as well. But I'm sure Shogun's past in PRIDE played a role in his express title shot, just like Randy's past titles usually put him in the express lane.
What if Machida and Rashad both win? Would the UFC rather have Evans vs Machida rematch? Or throw Randy one last bone?

I think that's the one scenario that gives Dana a reason to make an excuse for Randy. It would be dissing Lil Nog, but I think he ignores the screams for Lil Nog and throws Randy a bone...
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
It was funny at first but after awhile you just get tired of seeing a couple queers on the screen.

Bigs03 wrote:
I thought there should've been a 3rd round for sure. Mcgee was landing uppercuts regularly and combos on the queer.

You have hatred in your heart.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:03 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Seeing you type queer and seeing your steer below just threw Louis Gossett in my ear yelling at the new recruits... lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:05 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

I think that's the one scenario that gives Dana a reason to make an excuse for Randy. It would be dissing Lil Nog, but I think he ignores the screams for Lil Nog and throws Randy a bone...

In that senario we might see, Randy get his shot and then Rashad vs lil Nog for the next shot. I agree though lil Nog would be the better choice but Randy is always in that express lane.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:07 pm

i would love to see a lil nog vs shogun rematch! that fight in pride they had was EPIC!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:36 pm

There are numerous differences between Randy and Shogun's title shot. There was no one to fight for the title when Shogun was originally offered the fight, first off. Secondly Shogun is like literally half Randy's age and had an actual chance to be a good, fast fighter again, where Randy as old and slow as he is only has the chance to lose brain tissue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Could I see Randy beating Machida? Sure if he could keep him tied up on the cage and dirty box him the whole fight. That being said Randy needs to beat a top contender, instead of fighting show ponies, for rankings before he gets a shot. Even if he gets the shot, with a win over a top contender, he would get his ass handed to him on a plate.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:04 am

I dont think randy can beat top contenders at this stage. Rashad, Rampage, Shogun, Machida, Lil Nog does any1 think he beats any of these guys?? I dont.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:06 am

The only guy in the LHW top 10 that Randy has any chance of being competitive against is Forrest. Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Lil Nog, Thiago, Bader, Cane, Bones, etc all KO him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua   Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Couture says he deserves winner of Machida-Rua
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next