Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?

Go down 
+5
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
LA
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? Empty
PostSubject: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Dana not sure
http://mmajunkie.com/news/21406/ufc-123s-rampage-vs-machida-winner-gets-title-shot-ufc-boss-not-sure.mma

But if it's Machida it's easier to say yes he gets a Title shot. Rampage is more up in the air, and for either guy who would they then face? the Bones/Bader winner?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:06 pm

LA wrote:
Dana not sure
http://mmajunkie.com/news/21406/ufc-123s-rampage-vs-machida-winner-gets-title-shot-ufc-boss-not-sure.mma

But if it's Machida it's easier to say yes he gets a Title shot. Rampage is more up in the air, and for either guy who would they then face? the Bones/Bader winner?

Seems like the only logical fight. Forrest/Franklin winner though could be an option.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:07 pm

If Machida wins or loses he should fight Rashad Evans...whether Rashad Evans wins the title or not. If Rampage wins he should fight the loser of Bones Jones or Bader, or if Evans wins the belt from Shogun...he should fight the winner.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

If both Page and Evans win, that sets up a lucrative rematch for the title. I wonder how many buyers of the first event will return with as disappointing as the fight apparently was but I imagine a good majority will if the two promote the fight correctly and do a media and twitter campaign in the right markets. A world title on the line would certainly make that a huge fight.

If Machida and Shogun win, that sets up a rematch I'd love to see for the title, though I don't know how the fans would react to a third fight between the two.

If Evans and Machida win, that also sets up a lucrative rematch for the title.

If Shogun and Rampage wins, that sets up a classic Pride rematch bout for Page, making it another marketable fight.

In typing this out, I've discovered I want the winners to fight for the title no matter what.

Franklin-Forrest winner should get a shot regardless. Otherwise they'd never sniff the title as a real contender would block that from happening. Especially if Forrest wins, as that would lead to rematches with either Evans(revenge for Forrest and a fight he could in theory win) or Shogun(revenge for Rua and every Pride fanboy who had a piece of him executed the night of the first fight)
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:46 pm

I like everything there, but Franklin/Forrest winner should get a Title shot? If the Machida/Page winner gets a shot, then the Franklin/Forrest winner should face the Bader/Bones winner. Lets say Machida and Shogun win, make that fight, make Page vs. Shad II, and then Franklin/Forrest winner vs Bader/Bones winner.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm

I can see them giving Forrest a title shot if he beats Rich and Shogun retains. I don't know if he would deserve it but i can see them giving him a shot if that happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Machida vs Rampage winner should get next shot after Evans and the winners of the other 2 fights should meet for the title shot after that. Evans beating Rua and then the Machida-Rampage winner would ruin everything though as Jon Jones wont fight him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I can see them giving Forrest a title shot if he beats Rich and Shogun retains. I don't know if he would deserve it but i can see them giving him a shot if that happens.

You, me and Shogun would deserve that.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:09 pm

I agree with what Kings said.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Machida shouldn't get a title shot with a win IMO, especially if its Shogun. We don't know to see that again yet. Atleast 4/5 analysts and fans think he lost the first one and he got KTFO in the 1st round in the rematch. It takes more than 1 win to get another crack. I would prefer to see the winner of this fight take on the winner of Forrest/Ace for the next title shot and Bones get a crack if he beats Bader decisively
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:14 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Machida shouldn't get a title shot with a win IMO, especially if its Shogun. We don't know to see that again yet. Atleast 4/5 analysts and fans think he lost the first one and he got KTFO in the 1st round in the rematch. It takes more than 1 win to get another crack. I would prefer to see the winner of this fight take on the winner of Forrest/Ace for the next title shot and Bones get a crack if he beats Bader decisively

true, one win doesnt mean much however if he finishes page impressively or dominates him his name would still be up there as one of the only fighters that can actually give shogun a fight. i would pick the shogun from their first match to win a rubber match but not the one form their second. if the shogun from the second fight was to fight the machida from the first match i could see machida getting the best of shogun by the 3rd/4rth once shogun start to gas or slow down. remember, the shogun that won the belt was the same shogun that lost to forrest. only difference was that machida got caught and forrest didnt. still if the shogun from the first machida match comes back, i see him holding that title for a while
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:20 pm

So the Shogun who lost a UD to Machida has a better chance of beating Machida in the rubbermatch than the Shogun who KTFO'd him in under a round?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:22 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

true, one win doesnt mean much however if he finishes page impressively or dominates him his name would still be up there as one of the only fighters that can actually give shogun a fight. i would pick the shogun from their first match to win a rubber match but not the one form their second. if the shogun from the second fight was to fight the machida from the first match i could see machida getting the best of shogun by the 3rd/4rth once shogun start to gas or slow down. remember, the shogun that won the belt was the same shogun that lost to forrest. only difference was that machida got caught and forrest didnt. still if the shogun from the first machida match comes back, i see him holding that title for a while

Huh?
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 4:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Huh?

both the shogun that was in the the second machida fight and the one that fought forrest were not in full shape and were coming off a small injury. i believe it was edreed that had posted it on the espn board the day of the second fight . it was a link to show that shogun had suffered a small injury during trainin and how his cardio wouldnt be full so he would have to ko the karate kid out fast and thats what he did. unlike in his first match against machida, shogun was much more agressive. at the same time too machida was much more agressive as well. even walkin into the cage you could tell shogun wasnt as in shape as he was in his first match against machida. it was the same shogun that fought forrest. in the end unlike forrest, he caught machida. had machida not been so agressive and taken his time like usual he would of most likely worn down shogun just like forrest did. instead he did and got caught. like i said i could so see shogun holding that belt as long as he doesnt come in like the agressive pride shogun and instead comes in like the smart technical one from the first machida match. that shogun would most likely dominate the division however if the shogun from the second machida bout steps in against evans,page or probably even forrest again, all they have to do is watch out, take it slow and not get caught in the early rounds to eventually take over the rest of the fight against a gassed shogun
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Didn't even read that, but the Shogun that fought Forrest was coming off an injury and a layoff, the one that beening killing guys lately is more so the real Shogun. That Shogun would knock Forrest out cold.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:04 pm

LA wrote:
Didn't even read that, but the Shogun that fought Forrest was coming off an injury and a layoff, the one that beening killing guys lately is more so the real Shogun. That Shogun would knock Forrest out cold.

thats what i said. that was the same injured shogun who won the belt form machida. also dont get carried away. shogun has only ko'd one top lhw in recent years and that was machida after catching him above the ear. chuck was not the elite fighter he once was when sho tko'd him. shad had a much more impressive tko over him months before sho fought him. he did put chuck to sleep and so did rich afterwards. getting a stoppage over mark is nothing impressive as we saw randy dominate him. read the post to see why and how i believe shogun will hold the title.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:47 am

How was the Shogun that faced Forrest the same injured Shogun that faced Machida?
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:09 am

LA wrote:
How was the Shogun that faced Forrest the same injured Shogun that faced Machida?

shogun was injured coming into ufc 113 as this article showed

http://www.5thround.com/35661/ufc-113-mauricio-shogun-rua-reportedly-has-injured-left-knee/

dana however said he wasnt and still had him fight. afterwards dana claimed shogun actually injured himself during the match. in the end other rumors around shoguns camp also pointed out he had been injured during trainin but nothing big. on fight night you could see shogun didnt have the same physic he did against machida in their first match. like i said edreed posted this info and another link that mentioned shoguns cardio might not be so good coming into the fight hours before they fought on the espn board. for that, the same injured shogun that fought forrest was also an injured shogun that beat machida the second time. had machida not been agressive and taken his time like in previous matches, he might of been able to wear down shogun and eventually sub him or beat him on the cards like forrest did. once again i'd take the shogun from the first machida fight,the patient technical one, over any lhw in the division but not necessarily the one that won the belt.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:25 am

Interesting theory, but based on supposition and rumor, I'll just base my impression of him off his performance.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:25 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Interesting theory, but based on supposition and rumor, I'll just base my impression of him off his performance.

true, fair enough
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:03 am

the winner should fight the looser of shogun vs evans imo
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 am

killerofchicken wrote:
the winner should fight the looser of shogun vs evans imo

THIS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?   Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who should the Machida/Rampage winner face next?
Page 1 of 1