Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?

Go down 
+8
4445Frank
NBrooks5
marbleheadmaui
GDPofDRC
timthebim
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
LA
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? Empty
PostSubject: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Just curious for those who know more about boxing then me
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 pm

He's right near that top 10 level. I would certainly have him in my top 10 but others could disagree. Avenged the only 2 losses of his career in devastating fashion and had one total fuckin BS draw against Holyfield and came back and beat him in the rematch. Its a shame he didn't stick around for one more fight so he could have victories over both the Klit bros on his resume. Some questioned his chin for awhile but when you watch his fights it was definitely durable enough to hold up against some big time punchers he was in the ring with. One of the best jabs ever in boxing and a devastating overhand right. When looking at hypothetical matchups between him and other top heavyweights there aren't many guys that he wouldn't have been a nightmare matchup for. Lennox will go down as one of my favorites of all-time. Big fan of his.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 am

1. Joe Louis - Im sorry 12 years as champion wins everytime in mythical land

2. Muhammad Ali - The only All Time Great in his prime that we saw Ali fight in his prime was Sonny Liston. Thats scary.

3. Jack Johnson - 7 years and one of the great clinch defensive fighters of all time. Great chin, went 26 rounds in losing to Jess Willard in a fight he was winning. Crushed Burns, Moran, and an old Jeffries. Beat everyone of the current Black Murder's Row at that time (yes that is where the term originated from) of Joe Jeanette,Sam Langford, Sam McVey, Denver Ed Smith

4. Gene Tunney - No losses at Heavyweight, 1 loss to Harry Greb avenged, In 20 rounds with Jack Dempsey Tunney more than likely won 19. Retired Champion, master boxer. Extremely underrated.

5. Sonny Liston - "The only man that ever made me stop in my tracks was Sonny Liston. and it was with a jab" - George Foreman.6'4 wingspan sledgehammer jab. Mean in the ring, a Great, KOs or beats all the men below him IMO.

6. Sam Langford - I cant do the man justice, please read a book about him.

7. Jack Dempsey - Manassau Mauler belongs in this area IMO, to small for the men above him, although he still might get them in the early rounds.

8. George Foreman - Wins the title 20 years apart. The legit Title's, P4P one of the hardest hitters ever. Which George you want, scary or smart?

9. Larry Holmes - Next week Larry might be as high on my list as 3 (just depends when you ask me). Maybe most precision jab ever in the Heavyweight division. Tough, would get up if he got knocked down. A true throw back.

10. Rocky Marciano - If I dont inculde him people will likely bitch, even though I think Rocky is 10 or out IMO.

Honorable mention to Ezzard Charles, Jim Jeffries, Frazier, Corbett.

Mike Tyson is not a top 20 guy AT ALL. Lennox is top 20 - 15 material, and Evander is 15-10 material IMO
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
He's right near that top 10 level. I would certainly have him in my top 10 but others could disagree. Avenged the only 2 losses of his career in devastating fashion and had one total fuckin BS draw against Holyfield and came back and beat him in the rematch. Its a shame he didn't stick around for one more fight so he could have victories over both the Klit bros on his resume. Some questioned his chin for awhile but when you watch his fights it was definitely durable enough to hold up against some big time punchers he was in the ring with. One of the best jabs ever in boxing and a devastating overhand right. When looking at hypothetical matchups between him and other top heavyweights there aren't many guys that he wouldn't have been a nightmare matchup for. Lennox will go down as one of my favorites of all-time. Big fan of his.

great jab but I think Ali, Liston, Holmes, Tunney and Foreman all had better ones. Still not a bad group at all
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 am

Yeah I watched a thing about that bad draw, and then thought about this.

I was into Boxing a bit then, and was a Lewis fan aswell, he was really talented, I'd say borderline top 10 too.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:07 am

Holmes had the best jab in boxing history IMO. The others are good as well
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:07 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Yeah I watched a thing about that bad draw, and then thought about this.

I was into Boxing a bit then, and was a Lewis fan aswell, he was really talented, I'd say borderline top 10 too.

Lennox clearly won the draw

Im not so sure about the fight he actually won

that was the problem, Lennox and Evander should have done a 3rd fight IMO
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 am

Tyson isn't a top 20 all-time HW?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:16 am

I'd have Mike top 20
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 am

Me too, but I'm not as knowledgable as some of you guys
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Tyson isn't a top 20 all-time HW?

NO

biggest misconception about Tyson

He dominated the shittiest era of Heavyweights at that time and AVOIDED the biggest fights out there (Foreman, Riddick, Lennox until Lenoz had the title)

Mikes biggest win ever is over Michael Spinks an ATG at Light Heavyweight

not top 20 material at all IMO.

Most overrated fighter of all time = Mike Tyson

If you got past the first 3 rounds he would get a clinchathon going (Mitch Green) another huge misconception was that Mike was a great inside fighter

not TRUE EITHER he was great at bobbing his head and nailing you on the way inside, once he got inside he normally just stood there and would fire one punch at a time (80's, 90's, and 2000's)
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:30 pm

Just curious, I'm not gonna pretend like I know enough about Boxing to make a case for him, I thought he might be a 10-15 guy. I do agree on the weakest era comment.

Look for a thread about who wins between Tyson and Ali in here, you'll get a laugh out of it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Lennox is top 10-15 range. I do think he had a top 5 HW jab of all time though.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Where do u have Tyson Timbo?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Just curious, I'm not gonna pretend like I know enough about Boxing to make a case for him, I thought he might be a 10-15 guy. I do agree on the weakest era comment.

Look for a thread about who wins between Tyson and Ali in here, you'll get a laugh out of it.

When there are guys that were fighting the best at a rapid pace, they edge out Mike

Jersey Joe Walcott, Fitzsimmons, Lennox, Evander, all rank higher than Mike (not including the fighters Ive already listed Mikes Top 30-20 guy IMO
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 pm

and ya I avoid the mythical Mike Tyson versus threads cause I want to bang my head on a wall
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 pm

I would say Lennox is round about top 15.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 pm

I thought he'd be one of ur all-time favs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:46 pm

I like Lewis but I have never really been a huge fan of his. I am more of a old guard Heavyweight fan , guys like Frazier,Foreman,Ali,Holmes,Liston etc.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Ali like douches from the UK like Haye and not beasts like Lennox Wink
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Just figured cause ur in Europe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:04 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali like douches from the UK like Haye and not beasts like Lennox Wink

Hahaha yeah Lennox was too classy and respectable for my liking.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:48 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Where do u have Tyson Timbo?

To be honest i think Tyson had the talent to be top 5-8 range but wasted alot of talent. So although i loved Mike Tyson Im trying to be objective and I would have to say he is in between top 20-22 range depending on how he view some of the guys he destroyed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Lennox Lewis is not in my top 20 or my top 40 for that matter. LL lost to some bums and avoided some guys like the plague or he just waited until they were past their primes. Also the duck job he did with Vitali was a joke. Why is it that he is not held accountable for that? Tyson is the most overrated HW ever. The guy never beat any great HW and was beat bad by some bums.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Lennox Lewis is not in my top 20 or my top 40 for that matter. LL lost to some bums and avoided some guys like the plague or he just waited until they were past their primes. Also the duck job he did with Vitali was a joke. Why is it that he is not held accountable for that? Tyson is the most overrated HW ever. The guy never beat any great HW and was beat bad by some bums.

agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?   What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW? Empty

Back to top Go down

What level boxer all-time is Lennox Lewis as a HW?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next