Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled

Go down 
+14
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
Cu Bu
LA
GolbeZ
captain organic
LTFG
Ninja
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Bigs03
Farmer1906
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled Empty
PostSubject: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm

http://tatame.com/2010/02/11/Belfort-possibly-injured-title-fight-canceled

One of the most expected fights of 2010 will not happen anymore. The title fight between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort, set to UFC 112 main event, will possibly be cancelled, as TATAME.com learned from close sources that the challenger is injured and won’t be able to recover in time.

Jayme Sandall, Karate trained of the challenger, revealed to TATAME.com that Belfort had a shoulder injury, but he doesn’t know how bad it is. “He was training but not using the arm for a long time because of the injury, he said he’d stop for a while. He said he’d have it scanned to know how bad it is, but I don’t talk with him for 15 days and I don’t know about the results”, said.

TATAME.com tried to reach Belfort and his manager, Fabiano Farah, but had no success. We called Anderson Silva, who claimed he had no information about the injured. “Nobody told me anything about it. I’m training normally to this fight”, the champion said.

In case this news confirms, it’ll be the second time that the UFC is forced to postpone the battle, which was set to the UFC 108 event in January 2, but Silva had to cancel the fight due to an elbow surgery. Stay tuned on TATAME.com or more news.

Last edited by Farmer1906 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:04 pm

HORRIBLE...since Nate didn't hurt him to bad maybe Sonnen could go...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Bigs03 wrote:

He was cut up pretty badly.

Quote :
Chael Sonnen: Suspended until March 24 with no contact until March 9 due to forehead and nasal-bridge lacerations
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Quote :
Chael Sonnen says he is going to train for 112 just in case Belfort pulls out due to injury, so he can be ready to fight Anderson Silva.
2:20 PM Feb 9th from web

http://twitter.com/ARIELHELWANI
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Fudge n a. Sucks UFC has been slim on championship fights lately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:36 pm

If true, then get Sonnen ready to fight at UFC 112. He's probably more deserving of a shot anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 pm

tatame is known for incorrect stories(how many tatame stories about Ricardo Arona signing UFC deals are we going to read?) and the source hasn't talked to Belfort for 15 days. Not sure if I buy this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:10 pm

ah fuck as soon as i posted that I see its confirmed by dana.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:13 pm

GAY AS FUCK
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Well this fucking sucks. This was the one fight I have been dieing to see for awhile now.

Hopefully Sonnen (R) could take his place.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:40 pm

The UFC's inability to give us more than one title fight every three cards is getting tired, and like Ninja I too was really looking forward to this one... But, Sonnen (R-Ore) on short notice after receiving some abuse isn't going to be a good alternative. Anderson would beat him like a booger eating red headed step child. I'll take a pass on the title fight and would prefer he fought a true contender at 205...
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:30 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

He was cut up pretty badly.

Quote :
Chael Sonnen: Suspended until March 24 with no contact until March 9 due to forehead and nasal-bridge lacerations

And this shines light on the fantastic work of Sonnen's cut man. He was dripping like a faucet for a bit there, pretty good cut on the forehead, yet you could hardly see that cut in the in the cage post fight interview.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:59 am

I dont know .. if sonnen steps in, than you will have to push the fight back a bit .. making a huge blow to that card.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:00 am

Now Dana has regrets about Hendo
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:04 am

I agree with a bonified contender at 205!

who would be there to fight?
thiago,JOnes,no lil nog i guess cause of blackhouse. Shit maybe sonnen will have to do.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:42 am

Man this fucking sucks

was really looking forward to this fight

daaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:26 am

Don't cancel replace Belfort with Sonnen or Mia.

Silva needs to get active ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 am

No, no no no no NO fucking NO NO contender killing at 205 please. If this goes down it will mean a year or more between MW defenses. Just push the fight back a card and let Sonnen get ready.

NO 205 BULLSHIT.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:16 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
No, no no no no NO fucking NO NO contender killing at 205 please. If this goes down it will mean a year or more between MW defenses. Just push the fight back a card and let Sonnen get ready.

NO 205 BULLSHIT.

+1 It is time to defend the belt, not "create" a different fight!
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 am

Demian Maia!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:09 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

NO 205 BULLSHIT.

+1.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Now Dana has regrets about Hendo

+1
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:32 am

I know he was cut badly but I'm with others here, push the fight back to 112 or even 113 and let Sonnen have his shot. Belfort can fight the winner when he's ready.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:19 pm

From "The Phenom" courtesy of Sherdog.com:

“I’ve already had the surgery on my left shoulder. I’ve already had three injections since I was scheduled to fight Fedor, but lately the pain got really unbearable and my doctor decided to take an (MRI) and it showed chronic injury that was getting worse. My doctor, Michel Simoni, said that if I did not stop and do the surgery immediately, I was running serious risk of my shoulder going out of place. Also I was already losing the power of my left arm. How could I fight (without) my strongest hand? I’m feeling good, and according to the doctor, in four months I can start returning to training little by little. Now I have a long journey of work with physical therapy every day. I think before the end of the year, I’ll be back in the Octagon. No matter if it’s fighting for the belt or not, I’ll be back 100 percent.”
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/2/12/1307771/anderson-silva-still-scheduled-for
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Sucks for Vitor. I wish him the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled   RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled Empty

Back to top Go down

RUMOR: Belfort injured, fight canceled
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next