Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140

Go down 
+12
OU
captain organic
acccardinal12
timthebim
Birdofthad
boomer sooner
MMAEYES
LA
SOKO
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:19 pm

http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/08/16/rumor-overeem-close-to-deal-with-the-ufc-for-ufc-140-appearance-3223.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+NEWS+BLOGS%29

Quote :
Multiple sources are saying that Strikeforce heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem, is close to inking a deal with the UFC, exclusively.

During the past several weeks, we have saw Overeem get removed from the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix and subsequently released from his contractual obligation with the promotion.

With a highly publicized rift between the ZUFFA LLC organization that owns both the UFC and Strikeforce and Overeem’s management company, Golden Glory, many wondered if a deal would ever be reached between the two companies.

While I am not ready to commit to these rumors as facts, there have been several rumblings going on in the past few days that would point to the real possibility of an Overeem signing by the UFC.

We will keep you posted on any developments. However, if rumors hold true, who should he face in his UFC debut?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 pm

JIZZ IN MY PANTS!!!

most likely opponent is MUR in my opinion, maybe Carwin

WAR REEM
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 pm

BJ Penn breaks all the big news.

Hope it's true. Maybe he fights Mir.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:21 pm

dont fuck with me bobbitt...........I knew all this grand prix shit fell apart for a reason. Hope its true. Im no reem fan but man it would make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:21 pm

[quote="KingsOwn19"]BJ Penn breaks all the big news.

Hope it's true. Maybe he fights Mir.[/quote]

haha, i noticed this lately
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Called it, bam!!!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:22 pm

I hope the rumor is true. I wonder who his first UFC opponent would be?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:23 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I hope the rumor is true. I wonder who his first UFC opponent would be?

MUR MUR MUR!!!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Brock is supposedly set to return at 140 too, my Brock, Mir, Title shot prediction looking good.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm

shit, i forgot about that mir vs brock 3 rumor...

Reem vs Carwin
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:30 pm

I'd like the fight, but not a big enough name you know. Brock is Brock and Mir is rolling a bit plus a former Champ and gots some good name rec.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:32 pm

A much needed injection in the HW division. After JDS/Cain, there really wasn't a compelling match-up on the table.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Carwin is way more dangerous for Alistair than Werdum. We haven't seen Overeem fight a wrestler yet, and Carwin can put anyone out with one shot. All those shots that Werdum landed on Reem would have been night-enders if it were Carwin.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:36 pm

For sure, Reem's striking D is eh, don't think he'd get taken down too easily, but still great fight, doubt Carwin off a loss gets Reem.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:44 pm

If Nog were to find a way to beat Schaub...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:48 pm

The most annoying words are "We havent seen him fight a wrestler yet"

Carwin aint got the tank to go in there and wraaassle as a game plan. He'd blow his load no matter how much he focuses on keeping it all in and Overeem will pick him apart Ala Junior dos Santos.

If they fight...One knee in the bread basket and Carwin shits his trunks and has all the life sucked out of him.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:51 pm

We haven't seen if Overeem can stop a shot from an actual quality wrestler. Carwin has endurance issues, but he did manage to have a very successful college career wrestling so who knows. Anyway, Carwin is too much of a warrior to sell him that easily.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Reem didn't show a good gas tank against Werdum either, I was disappointed in that. He has a different striking style then JDS too, not saing he could pick Carwin apart, but Carwin does have a decent chin. I'd still worry for Reem's chin, and the fact that his striking defense leaves too many opening for a guy who can KO anyone like Carwin. I'd pick Reem, but know Carwin could land that one shot.

This fight doesn't happen though, I don't see why they'd give Carwin off a loss Reem.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Great fucking day of news boys, hope it all ends up done.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:04 pm

I think Carwin's shots are telegraphed and weak. The main reason for this is because he is slow. I don't think his wrestling would cause problems for Overeem..keep in mind Overeem is not one dimensional..he is not a slouch on the ground and is pretty good off his back.

Overeem vs. Carwin would be a gun fight and i know i'm taking Ubereems guns.

Carwin is simply not explosive enough for his wrestling to play a factor. Carwin wrestling is best used in a sprawl and brawl format which he has used it for.

Explosive wrestlers like Cain who can top control and have endurance are the guys that bring question marks...Carwin's main threat against Overeem is his one punch power and Overeems chin. Not his wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:13 pm

glad to say I called this
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 pm

I already thought Overeem would be signed but the opponent will be Brock Lesnar!!!! Take that for breaking news.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:52 pm

We don't want Brock running across the octagon again... wait yeah we do, BOOK IT
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:53 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
We don't want Brock running across the octagon again... wait yeah we do, BOOK IT

Brock isn't gonna run across and snatch Reem up that fast Killer.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Brock is gonna kick Reems ass!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140   Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Overeem close to deal with UFC, possible fight at 140
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next