Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kos injured, out of Maia fight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Kos injured, out of Maia fight  Empty
PostSubject: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 am

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/josh-koscheck-injured-out-of-ufc-163-fight-with-demian-maia-in-rio
Josh Koscheck has been injured and forced out of his UFC 163 welterweight fight against Demian Maia next month.

UFC officials on Friday announced the news. Details of the precise nature of Koscheck's injury were not revealed. The card now will go on with 12 scheduled fights instead of 13.

Koscheck (17-7 MMA, 15-7 UFC) and Maia (18-4 MMA, 9-4 UFC) were scheduled to meet as part of the main card of the event, which takes place at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro on Aug. 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Here we go again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Would be nice if they could get Diaz to step in, I'm sure he stays in shape. Diaz vs Maia would be sweet. Could even do a 178lbs catch or something.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:32 pm

OU wrote:
Would be nice if they could get Diaz to step in, I'm sure he stays in shape. Diaz vs Maia would be sweet. Could even do a 178lbs catch or something.

that would be a nice fight
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Good for Koscheck. He was likely to get Maia'd. Diaz would be a nice replacement but I doubt he signs up for a fight with Maia. They'll probably throw him someone like Akiyama or Erick Silva. Not much else available right now in terms of quality matchups with guys who aren't already booked.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Ludo wrote:
Good for Koscheck. He was likely to get Maia'd. Diaz would be a nice replacement but I doubt he signs up for a fight with Maia. They'll probably throw him someone like Akiyama or Erick Silva. Not much else available right now in terms of quality matchups with guys who aren't already booked.

I hear BJ Penn is thinking about a comeback...I'd watch Maia vs BJ. It's not like BJ would have to worry about taking a lot of damage.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:48 pm

BJ vs Maia would be fun as hell to watch. Maia probably wins the grappling exchanges, but BJ may have the takedown defense to keep him from doing his thing.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:26 pm

i think maia takes baby J with takedown and maul. Maia at 70 is too much for a 55er

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kos injured, out of Maia fight    Kos injured, out of Maia fight  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kos injured, out of Maia fight
Page 1 of 1