Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight

Go down 
+9
GDPofDRC
Ludo
ohiovol62
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
NoRegret
Birdofthad
Ninja
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight Empty
PostSubject: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:54 pm

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=4278

11/04/10 - Maia says he was "sworn at" by Silva during fight

Demian Maia says he was “sworn at and disrespected” during his middleweight title fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 112. The five-round affair saw Anderson dance around Maia making antic gestures and mocking him for most of the fight.

Maia says his fellow Brazilian went as far as swearing at him and making disrespectful comments across the 25 minutes of their clash and that this was why he did not shake his adversary’s hand at the of the fight. Maia made the comments to a Fighters Only source in Abu Dhabi tonight.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=4281

11/04/10 - Anderson facing backlash from Brazilian fans for Maia slurs

Anderson Silva is facing a backlash from fans in his native Brazil after ringside microphones for the UFC 112 broadcast of his fight with Demian Maia apparently picked up Silva taunting his opponent in Portuguese, using terms which are considered very offensive in Brazil.

Portuguese-language MMA forums have been abuzz with discussion over the insults Silva levelled at Maia at points in the fight. The end of the second round is when he is said to have been most offensive, allegedly telling Maia "Bate na minha cara playboy" (“Come on, hit me in the face playboy.")

Odd as it sounds, ‘playboy’ is a serious insult in Brazil when levelled at certain targets. The stark class and economic divides in Brazil make for a wide gulf in status between the rich and poor. In Brazilian terms, a playboy is a hedonist rich kid, the product of a pampered upbringing who cares little for the poor and knows nothing of real life.

Anderson is also said to have cried out "Cade o Jiu-Jitsu?" ("Where is your Jiu-Jitsu?”) as Maia failed to get him to the floor, and also told him “Get up off your ass and get hit some more” when Maia dropped to his back looking to play guard.

According to the general tone on the major Brazilian MMA forums right now, Anderson has surprised and upset many of his fans with his comments. Maia told Fighters Only yesterday that Anderson had sworn at him during the fight but declined to go into detail about what was said.

That was a sporting and honourable thing for Maia to do but fans have already picked up on the comments are spreading them around the forums. So far this particular backlash has been confined to Brazilian fans but a poster named Gomes on Portal do Vale Tudo summed the feeling up:

“Wow, the guy went mad. American are usually super socially-conscious with this kind of discrimination, when they discover what he said, heads will fly. This guy has lost all notion of what you can do in a fight. This type of social/personal insult is the equivalent of ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson saying "I'll fuck until you love me, bitch!"
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm

guys this is fighting you know Ray Leonards a little bitch according to Marvin Hagler

This isnt kindergarten

Oh he disrespected me in a fight, oh he was cussing at me

oh no

This fight was such a pathetic joke

"playboy" hurt your feelings, jesus this keeps getting more ridiculous as the minutes go by
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=4278

11/04/10 - Maia says he was "sworn at" by Silva during fight

This type of social/personal insult is the equivalent of ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson saying "I'll fuck until you love me, bitch!"

HAHAHAHA!

I do agree though. Silva was being a fuckin prick. He needs to get his ass beat.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:00 pm

can you imagine Frank Mir going "Brock Lesnar called me a mother fucker!" It was very disrespectful
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Maia shook his hand and hugged him after the decision if i remember correctly. I thought i heard Anderson say "I'm sorry" as well but maybe not.

None of that shit is neccesary but i'm sure fighters often shit talk each other in the cage. The heat is so much on Spider right now that if he gave a bad tip at Olive Garden we will probably get a huge report about it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:06 pm

This just in Anderson Silva took a piss on a lady bug

fucking cock sucker

I think Anderson acted like a prick and handled the post fight interviews HORRIBLY but come on, lets not act like cussing in the cage or a ring is a big deal
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 pm

He deserved it. He disrespected Anderson by thinking he might have a chance to win.

Honestly I would love to see someone beat Silva's ass and then immediately run outside the cage and knock Ed Soares the fuck out. Would be the greatest UFC in history
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 pm

love Ninja's Sig.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:01 am

Birdofthad wrote:

fucking cock sucker

I think Anderson acted like a prick and handled the post fight interviews HORRIBLY but come on, lets not act like cussing in the cage or a ring is a big deal

Bird, you're a fucking playboy!

jk lol
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:43 am

It is a big deal actually, because under the unified rules it is a foul to use abusive language during a fight. Had Anderson been speaking english he probably would have been given a warning or had a point taken away.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:50 am

There was a point where I really wanted to see Silva kick Maia in the face while he was down and get DQ'd. It would of been so cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:53 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
There was a point where I really wanted to see Silva kick Maia in the face while he was down and get DQ'd. It would of been so cool.

I was hoping the doctor would stop the fight because of the cut on Maia'a nose. Just so I wouldn't have to watch that painful display any longer.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 pm

LudoCain wrote:
It is a big deal actually, because under the unified rules it is a foul to use abusive language during a fight. Had Anderson been speaking english he probably would have been given a warning or had a point taken away.

actually its up to the ref, know if they swear at you (the referee) its automatic DQ, but Ive seen a good amount of shit talking in a cage and ring.

Will be interesting to see it happen sometime
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:38 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

fucking cock sucker

Bird, you're a fucking playboy!

jk lol

hey you cockaroach I bury you cockaroach nobody call me playboy ay way
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 pm

You guys can't possibly be that ignorant...

"Playboy" etc. is a translation. You can't compare the usage of a word in English with its usage in another language.

If you typed "porch monkey" into Google Translate and said it to Anderson Silva in Portuguese, he would probably look at you like you're retarded. If you said it to Kimbo in English, he'd probably snap your neck.

Apparently we speak 'Merican round these here parts and nobody understands the whole lost in translation concept.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:53 pm

wow someones more sensitive than Maia
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Haha nah, it's just that this place is the only place where anyone can have a semi-serious discussion about things sometimes. Apparently some things still not, though Razz
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 pm

thessy11 wrote:
Haha nah, it's just that this place is the only place where anyone can have a semi-serious discussion about things sometimes. Apparently some things still not, though Razz

hahaha I feel ya, pretty heated night, I already knew who won the fights and watched some guy that didnt know who won watch Edgar vs Penn after betting alot on Penn.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:57 am

I don't find myself drawn to dickhead fighters. Saku was a great showman, but he was always a class act. But if fighters do douchey stuff in the ring, fine, I just won't like them. In combat sports, you're always gonna have that stuff. I'm sure worse things have been said in the ring
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:56 am

Again, Anderson is a jackass. I still want to see him fight GSP.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:35 am

LOL who cares if he swore at you LOL. I didn't see this for whatever reason yesterday. I can't believe Maia went the "he called me names" route. How can a guy describe himself as a warrior than get hurtfaced when someone cusses at him. That's lame
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:42 am

Brazilian culture is a lot different than ours
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:53 pm

I don't think the point is that his feelings were hurt, if they even were. If a guy will actually resort to namecalling in the octagon because you won't play his game when he baits you other ways, it's pretty fuckin' childish for a man 34 years old to try and boil your blood with insults. Anderson was clearly throwing a tantrum in the octagon because Maia wouldn't play the bull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight   Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Maia says he was sworn at by Silva during fight
Page 1 of 1