Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami

Go down 
+16
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
boomer sooner
timthebim
MMAEYES
Bigs03
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
ChaoscamelWV
MikeyLikesIt
captain organic
Farmer1906
Ninja
oggy420
CombatSports4Life
KingsOwn19
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:58 am

I'm stoked. I just feel bad for Jay Hieron because SF appeared to have made him a lot of promises that they have not backed up yet...according to Jay.

but THIS is what i wanted for Zaromskis. This is going to be a sick fight and the perfect way SF can introduce a Welterweight title. Diaz via submission.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10299&zoneid=2

Strikeforce: Miami now has a main event.

MMAWeekly.com has learned that Nick Diaz and Marius Zaromskis have verbally agreed to a welterweight battle in the Jan. 30 event’s top slot, set for the BankAtlantic Arena in Sunrise, Fla. The two will fight for the promotion’s vacant welterweight belt.

An announcement of the match-up is expected for the Showtime telecast of Strikeforce: Evolution on Saturday evening in San Jose, Calif., according to sources close to the situation.

Diaz (20-7) has not fought for Strikeforce since June when he choked out Scott Smith at Lawler vs. Shields in June at a 180-pound catchweight. He was scheduled to fight Jay Hieron for the welterweight title at Carano vs. Cyborg, but was scratched when he failed to appear for a pre-fight drug test mandated by the California State Athletic Commission.

Zaromskis (16-3) signed a multi-fight contract with Strikeforce in October after turning heads at Dream’s Welterweight Grand Prix, where he won the Japanese promotion’s lightweight belt with two straight head kick knockouts. Days before signing, the 29-year-old took but 12 seconds to notch another head kick knockout at Dream 12.

Diaz, 26, has long been an outspoken advocate of marijuana and apathetic about a recent CSAC memo that said fighters with medical permission to use weren’t exempted from commission standards on illicit drugs.

In an interview with MMAWeekly.com last month, Diaz’s manager, Cesar Gracie, said he hoped Diaz wouldn’t test the commission’s boundary, but shrugged at ordering him to stop.

“Obviously, I’d love to have Nick fight in California,” said Gracie. “It’s right here in my home state. It’s not Virginia or something where Nathan (Diaz) is fighting. It’d be great if Nick could quit smoking all together, if he could do that, but if he doesn’t, he doesn’t.”

The Florida State Boxing Commission, which oversees mixed martial arts in the Sunshine State, prohibits performance enhancer and narcotic use, but does not have any bylaws addressing “compassionate use,” nor does it require a pre-fight test for “drugs of abuse,” a label which marijuana often falls under with athletic commissions.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:34 am

Wow that should be fireworks, Strikeforce makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:51 am

HELL FUCKING YES!!!!!

umm you know who i got

diaz via gogo bitches
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 10:23 am

Fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:45 am

I hope Diaz get his ass whipped
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Heiron is getting dicked. He better get next.

but great fight otherwise.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:47 pm

Zaromskis via decapitation.
Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Zaromskis via outclassing (head kick)
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 pm

so StrikeForce has a better main event than UFC does in January, atleast IMO
Nice
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 12:49 pm

its funny how fast people will jump on a band wagon if you land a few headkicks. Diaz is a much more well rounded fighter and has faced tougher competition throughout his career. Diaz will be the one doing the outclassing here.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Jay isn't really getting dicked here since Zaromskis is a standing champion on a tear in Strikeforce's semi sister promotion. Jay is another exciting challenger waiting in the wings. As is Riggs. They have a lot of options at WW here.

Diaz takes the smart money and goes to the ground and subs dude fast. He shouldn't try to get cute with this guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 12:16 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Jay isn't really getting dicked here since Zaromskis is a standing champion on a tear in Strikeforce's semi sister promotion. Jay is another exciting challenger waiting in the wings. As is Riggs. They have a lot of options at WW here.

Diaz takes the smart money and goes to the ground and subs dude fast. He shouldn't try to get cute with this guy.

They promised him a title fight, he has stated that the title fight was the reason he came to strikeforce. The first effort was the diaz drug situation, and then Heiron was moved to the untelevised portion of the card, and he wasn't that happy about that. He himself has won 6 straight

Now Diaz is fighting someone else. I'd be pretty bent if I were Hieron.

Diaz will stand and bang with anyone, it's what he does. He may have great jj's, and much like Penn despite that ground game, he prefers to keep fights standing.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:01 am

Should be the toughest fight Diaz has had in awhile. I'll go with Nick, though, in a close fight.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 2:25 pm

I don't know shit about this Zaromskis guy. All I know is I'm hoping to see the gogo too oggy
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Very entertaining fight which could have alot of fireworks.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:13 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I don't know shit about this Zaromskis guy. All I know is I'm hoping to see the gogo too oggy

Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 10:45 pm

This fight will be sick, off the chain and so much more. Way more entertaining than anything Jay Hieron can bring to the table.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks Ninja! I'm gonna check that video out soon as my boss gets the out of the office.
Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:50 pm

I've been watching Zaromskis for a while now. I'm not on his bandwagon, I just think that he's extremely explosive and I think he will be too much for Diaz's "rope a dope" boxing. If he comes in and tries that garbage with Zaromskis he's gonna wake up on the mat.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Gengis movies are the shit!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

So basically if Nick watches out for the headkick he'll beat this guy no problem? All I see in that guy is alot of flash. Or that's just what the highlight showed. LMAO at the part where he's standing and other dudes on the ground and he backflips, I don't know what he was doing it just looked stupid as hell, why is that a highlight? Anyway based of the little info and fight highlights on this guy I think Nick is gonna crush this guy
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:14 pm

The guy is a kickboxer by trade, so Nick should aviod striking with him and immediately take him down and rip an arm off. That is what happens. Callin it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

So basically if Nick watches out for the headkick he'll beat this guy no problem? All I see in that guy is alot of flash. Or that's just what the highlight showed. LMAO at the part where he's standing and other dudes on the ground and he backflips, I don't know what he was doing it just looked stupid as hell, why is that a highlight? Anyway based of the little info and fight highlights on this guy I think Nick is gonna crush this guy

What you should've seen is that this guy is a an extremely explosive striker, has a rock chin, and is more athletically gifted than Diaz. Every opponent that Cro Cop decapitated only had to worry about the headkick. Not saying he is a K-1 level striker, but he kicked Sakurai's face off, and let's be honest, Diaz is no Sakurai. In the sakurai fight, Zarmoskis took some straight clean shots and kept coming, flying kicks, knees, etc. Diaz's boxing is more of an annoyance than it is a power game, I highly doubt Diaz's approach against scott smith is going to work. Thirdly, Zarmoskis athleticism. He performed three standing backflips after a fight effortlessly, then performed another. The guy has speed, agility, and is an extremely skilled kickboxer. Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean that he isn't extremely talented. Diaz has to take him to the ground, or else he's not going to win this fight. Period
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:09 pm

I'm taking Diaz in this one. Zaromskis was trying some really crazy ass shit in that WW GP. If Zaromskis tones down his game plan in this one he would have a good chance becasue athletically it looks like he would have an edge. Diaz kills the DREAM Zaromskis. Looking forward to this one, Zaromskis is def a top prospect
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:12 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

He was trying to pass guard by doing a back-flip. Even though he failed it is still cool that he even attempted it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami   Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis at Strikeforce: Miami
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next