Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension

Go down 
+7
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
timthebim
joshkellerseattle
GDPofDRC
LA
killerofchicken
11 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension Empty
PostSubject: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Quote :
Strikeforce welterweight champion and potential free agent Nick Diaz (23-7 MMA, 4-0 SF) will not test the open market.

Strikeforce officials today announced that the popular and sometimes controversial Diaz has signed a new multi-year agreement with Strikeforce.

"I'm looking forward to continuing my career with Strikeforce," Diaz stated in today's release.

Exact terms of the new contract were not revealed.

Diaz debuted for Strikeforce in the main event of the April 2009 event "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz." Diaz earned a second-round TKO over Shamrock, and the California native hasn't looked back since.

Diaz has ripped through Strikeforce's welterweight division with one-sided wins over K.J. Noons and Scott Smith, and he's also handled a Lithuanian import in Marius Zaromskis, as well as a trip to Japan to face Hayato "Mach" Sakurai.

Diaz has earned eight straight wins overall, and many MMA pundits had wondered aloud if the Strikeforce welterweight champ might take his services elsewhere. Diaz said he's happy with the quality of opposition Strikeforce has been able to schedule for him.

"When I first got here, there weren't a lot of great 170-pound fighters for me to fight, but that's definitely changed," Diaz stated. "There's a lot of really good fighters in the division now, and I'm ready to fight anyone who thinks they can beat me."

Diaz's next fight is in the main event of January's "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg" event, where he'll face Brazilian striker Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21871/strikeforce-champ-nick-diaz-signs-multi-year-contract-extension.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)&utm_content=Twitter
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Sad Mad Neutral silent scratch No in the smileys you will see
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm not surprised. If he says he wants to fight a guy, lately that means he does the opposite. How many times has he said he wants to beat GSP and Silva?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:22 pm

I'd be happy if this douche bag faded into Bolivian sooner than later...and ducking Mayhem yet re-signing with SF may have just done it.

Fucking punk ass wannabe gangster...don't be scared, homie!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:25 pm

I dont mind that he signed back with SF it keeps them with another star in the sport.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 pm

I figured Diaz would have atleast waited until his contract was up to see what offer he could have got from the UFC to drive his price up but i'm guessing SF must have came forward with the benjamins.

This is good for SF. Diaz was one of the EliteXC guys so as soon as his next two fights were up, SF was not holding very many cards.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:41 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'm not surprised. If he says he wants to fight a guy, lately that means he does the opposite. How many times has he said he wants to beat GSP and Silva?

cough, Mayhem...cough.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:47 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

lmao for so many reasons
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:35 am

He was due for a big raise. Im sure sf thought the same.

I'm guessing the champion's clause enables SF to retain him at the price of the prior contract, so by re-upping now Diaz will see an immediate increase is pay. Maybe even for Daley.

Diaz's career(and the gracie camp name) benefits from staying in SF, as well.

Good for both parties.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:36 am

What wrestlers does Diaz train with?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:38 am

captain organic wrote:
What wrestlers does Diaz train with?

Jake Shields is a collegiate wrestler. I think thats as close as it gets at Cesar Gracie.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:01 am

captain organic wrote:

I'm guessing the champion's clause enables SF to retain him at the price of the prior contract, so by re-upping now Diaz will see an immediate increase is pay. Maybe even for Daley.

Good for both parties.

I like this part, because although I think Nick is a good fighter, his post UFC resume and type of fighters he's been and will continue to fight will always leave me questioning.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:20 am

LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Good for both parties.

I like this part, because although I think Nick is a good fighter, his post UFC resume and type of fighters he's been and will continue to fight will always leave me questioning.

There also the fact the Gracie camp already has top flight WW in the UFC.

But the fact that I think a guy like Fitch, prob Kos, and def GSP would wrestle him to a boring decision makes me glad that he is in SF.

And there are some good wrestlers in SF, but at least he doesn't need to fight them on a consistent basis. Bring on Cyborg.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:22 am

I'd take fighting top fighter regardless of style over fighting guys that might make exciting fights you know he's going to win.

But agree with Sheilds and his bro being there comment
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:28 am

Cyborg is a bit of a gimme, but Noons was not, Daley will not be, u picked Zaromskis, I picked Shamrock. And then he prob faces a wrestler if he beats Cyborg and Daley.

Most of these entertaining matchups are tough fights.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:32 am

Frank was shot

Zarom might have been fools gold lets not play

Daley is good at striking, but not a complete fighter, it hits the mat it's over

Cyborg agree

Noons is solid, but not enough fights to gauge how good he really is, best win was against Nick...

No top wrestlers
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:44 am

LA wrote:
Frank was shot

Daley is good at striking, but not a complete fighter, it hits the mat it's over

Cyborg agree

Noons is solid, but not enough fights to gauge how good he really is, best win was against Nick...

No top wrestlers

What r u basing Frank was shot on?

Don't pick a guy, and then claim the guy who beat him has no challengers.

Daley is a top 10 guy, maybe the most dangerous striker in the division(Diaz is in this discussion as well), if they can both win their next fight, this is a great matchup.

Noons had beaten Diaz and was coming off a smashing KO victory. Noons showed him self quite well in the loss. He legitimized himself.

Woodley is on the horizon.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:51 am

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:
Frank was shot

Cyborg agree

No top wrestlers

What r u basing Frank was shot on?

Don't pick a guy, and then claim the guy who beat him has no challengers.

Daley is a top 10 guy, maybe the most dangerous striker in the division(Diaz is in this discussion as well), if they can both win their next fight, this is a great matchup.

Noons had beaten Diaz and was coming off a smashing KO victory. Noons showed him self quite well in the loss. He legitimized himself.

Woodley is on the horizon.

The fact that Frank looked shot and was shot...

Yeah Zarom proved not to be the fighter I thought, we've all done this, he had a sick KO at the time and some went overboard.

Daley is around a op 10 guy, but not stylisticly a fighter which threatens Nick like overs do, Daley was outstruck by Nick Thompson not to long ago, very good striker but lets chill.

Woodley's a solid up and comer but has a long way to go.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:01 am

Eh, Frank could still beat up some over the hill ex boxer if he wanted.

why can't u just say that Diaz vs a Daley is an excellent matchup? Ur nitpicking a probable barn burner between consensus top 10's.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:06 am

Course he could?

On Diaz/Daley, sure it isn't horrible, but I want Nick to face different styles of fighters. Honestly I see Nick getting rocked once, but his length and boxing frustrating Daley, and Nick getting his back at one point and finishing via RNC.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:27 am

Shamrock example of coarse was harking to Randy Couture, who is one of the highly touted fighters that Brock has beaten.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:31 am

Randy was a quality win, people try discrediting that one too much. Frank looked slow and just old in his fight with Diaz.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:46 am

Frank was hurt and was a bit shot there, but Diaz murdered him. Anyway, everyone also forgets Marius knocked Diaz down and nearly knocked him out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:17 am

I do not see what the problem is here! He knows he will probably be at best, middle of the road in the UFC, regardless of division. Sure he is a big fish in a small pond, but I am sure the girls of San Jose keep hearing he is the best and make him feel like he is the best. He just signed a multi-year deal, while in his peak years, so we know if he ever does nut up, it will be a possibly shot, over-estimated Nick Diaz that might land in the UFC. You know? One of those guys with a big name from another "Top Flight" organization. Besides, he just saw another top-flight Bay area bad ass get the shit kicked out of him from rival AKA in his division, so I am sure that figured in to the equation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension   Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce champ Nick Diaz signs multi-year contract extension
Page 1 of 1