Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis

Go down 
+4
Ninja
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
OU
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:04 pm

freakzilla wrote:
If Gil loses and then still defends it that would be the worst case scenario. I'm sure if Gil lost the title then Showtime wouldn't be trying so hard to keep him.
So then the SF title disappears and Gil then fights for the vacant Championship? Or the UFC then is allowed to sign Gil now that he lost? I think Showtime would still want Gil who would still be a top 10 LW even if he lost to Pettis. Sounds like a wonderful situation you have there for Gil. If he wins he gets a win over another top 5 LW, if he loses he is finally off to the UFC. But then you are fucking SF by taking away their title and highest ranked fighter.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:51 am

Zuffa should just dissolve Strikeforce now and be done with it. Bring in all the fighters who are worthy and create a women's division for grins. Melendez is in his prime right now and he deserves to fight the best in the world.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:32 am

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I'd lean Gilbert but it would be like 55/45. I'd have to watch a bunch of their recent fights again.
Do you mean re-read them or watch for the first time?

I appreciate the meme, but at the same time you and I were both here for your lackluster WEC fanship where I waved the flag proudly and everyone also knows I'm the biggest Strikeforce homer here, this is better applied to Bellator cards, though in fairness, I rarely even read about them either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 am

Bigs03 wrote:
Zuffa should just dissolve Strikeforce now and be done with it. Bring in all the fighters who are worthy and create a women's division for grins. Melendez is in his prime right now and he deserves to fight the best in the world.

This opinion is dated. As if you've been in cryostasis since your last post. Zuffa will always run two separate leagues, it has become quite clear. SF is only dissolved if they end up snagging up Bellator. The UFC should bring Gil/Pettis winner over, or perhaps give the winner one more defense. The SF titles should be used as another way to create UFC title challengers. With fan demand and the market dictating when guys are brought over. If this was made clear,pack guys in every division in the UFC would want to move to SF to get that gold because they'd have another route to the UFC title.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:43 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I'd lean Gilbert but it would be like 55/45. I'd have to watch a bunch of their recent fights again.
Do you mean re-read them or watch for the first time?

I appreciate the meme, but at the same time you and I were both here for your lackluster WEC fanship where I waved the flag proudly and everyone also knows I'm the biggest Strikeforce homer here, this is better applied to Bellator cards, though in fairness, I rarely even read about them either.
Doesn't matter what you were in your glory days. Your de-evolution is well documented.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:13 pm

I missed about 5 cards bra. And my biggest issue frankly was reading your posts instead of people who actually get MMA after the events. Sad
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I missed about 5 cards bra. And my biggest issue frankly was reading your posts instead of people who actually get MMA after the events. Sad
I'm glad my post mean that much to you. You could always put me on the ignore list if that will give you new found faith in NP. Or you can bitch and moan about a real MMA fan who actually watches the fights. I'm fine either way. The option of me deleting your account is still out there if you want to take that. Take your time, hit up your K2, pop your script, get your mind right and get back to me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Shit, forgot you can't ignore mods/admins. Guess you will have to live with it or kill yourself. Again I'm good either way. Might I suggest making your own site. I hear the domain name "Moey's Place" was recently opened back up. Might want to hope on that while you can.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:46 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OU. I got ya to threaten to delete my account! I am just teasing you though man, as that is what I thought we waz doing here. Niggaz poke fun and thats alright, but when I start poking back they get all up tight. Oh man. I wuv you. We're exactly equal now. Any highground you had from my psychotic break and LA like behavior is lost. Delete my shit nigga, I DARE YOU.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OU. I got ya to threaten to delete my account! I am just teasing you though man, as that is what I thought we waz doing here. Niggaz poke fun and thats alright, but when I start poking back they get all up tight. Oh man. I wuv you. We're exactly equal now. Any highground you had from my psychotic break and LA like behavior is lost. Delete my shit nigga, I DARE YOU.
Oh come on man, you asked to have you account deleted. Also stop reading my post so literally. Geez, you don't know me at all. Why would I have any interest in taking any high ground? My job is to give you as much shit as possible for the LOL you provided. You deserve it and you know it. Just laugh it off and take it like a man.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:20 am

Weird rumors floating around about Pettis dropping to 145 to fight Aldo that they shot down today. Pettis seems to me like a get set on his UFC career and knows he's one fight away from a title (and should've got the shot to begin with)

Tell BJ to get his ass in the gym and come out looking for revenge against the Gracie camp
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:24 am

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/3/14/2871018/mma-roundtable-whats-next-for-melendez-and-aldo-rampage-shogun-ii-and

Chiapetta says a credible source tells him that Gray Maynard may be the man to move over and fight Melendez. For whatever reason, Gray hasn't been on my mind much since that last fight with Frankie but that honestly makes more sense than any of the other options
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:31 am

Mike Chiappetta said that a good source told him that Gray Maynard was a possibility to fight Gil.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:58 am

Gray fighting in Strikeforce for that title is so brilliant and obvious that every one of us who missed out on the idea deserves to have OU delete their account.

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Oh come on man, you asked to have you account deleted. Also stop reading my post so literally. Geez, you don't know me at all. Why would I have any interest in taking any high ground? My job is to give you as much shit as possible for the LOL you provided. You deserve it and you know it. Just laugh it off and take it like a man.

OU your tone when I've gotten under your skin, and when you're in troll mode is very different and always has been. You only get that way when I insult the quality of your MMA opinions. Also typically when you're internet-upset you'll post multiple times quickly as you think of other responses. It's happened before, like when I first started criticizing you as an admin. That first day I really went after you was epic. I remember. You remember. We both know what just happened here. But sure, chalk it up to OU alwayz funny haha. Like you're the one who trolls me, and we don't have a five year history of me getting under your skin. I know you was into the student overtaking the master moment I let y'all have, but you knew it was too good to be true.

Now, we don't need to draw a crowd here, so be a good boy and neg this post, use up the rest of your votes on my other posts, and post some dig about my blog or LA impersonation or K2 or my expanding forehead or missing Shogun-Hendo and reading about it online, and end it with a comment about how you smoke the best weed in the universe.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 am

Just because you read it differently, doesn't mean my Fedoresque expression changes. It is literally impossible to get under my skin, especially for you.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:44 am

OU wrote:
Just because you read it differently, doesn't mean my Fedoresque expression changes. It is literally impossible to get under my skin, especially for you.

When did it change? When did you become a stoic Russian? You were one of the ones at ESPN who would make wolf hate threads and were LAs biggest cheerleader back when OU. The only user here I can say I have truly seen steel himself fully is BBC. His evolution as a man gives me pride.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 am

I'll keep the humor going by adding another post. Telling you I have no vote limit. I think you are overthinking things. When you reach the levels of bordem I do at work you will latch on to any form of entertainment. The more personal you attempt to make the response, the more likely you are to engage. The quicker the seconds tick by. You are smart enough to understand this....oh and my weed is better then anything you have eva seen! Straight off them monkey balls.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:49 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OU wrote:

When did it change? When did you become a stoic Russian? You were one of the ones at ESPN who would make wolf hate threads and were LAs biggest cheerleader back when OU. The only user here I can say I have truly seen steel himself fully is BBC. His evolution as a man gives me pride.
I think it changed when I hit 1 million hours of being trapped in a cubical. The World needs to quit worrying bout Mayan predictions, nuclear capabilities in the middle east, when North Korean will crack...they need to worry about when this piece of Okie trailer trash reaches his limit at his desk and starts drawing power from the hearts of premature babies.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:51 am

Quote :
When you reach the levels of bordem I do at work you will latch on to any form of entertainment.

You're boredest moment is my day to day.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:55 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :
When you reach the levels of bordem I do at work you will latch on to any form of entertainment.

You're boredest moment is my day to day.
There is no way you can comprehend the soul crushing experience I go through daily.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:03 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Making Gil vs Pettis a non title fight would be gay if Pettis won.

Does make for an uncomfortable situation.

I'd like to compare it to a Bellator superfight, but at least in Bellator there is a structure as to how to earn a title fight, and the superfight opponents do not meet it. No such structure for SF.

I guess u just have to look at it like a sweet fight, between guys from different org's, and try to forget all the baggage.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Aoki lost to Gil, went back to Japan and defended his title vs Crusher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis   Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melendez to fight May 19, Cesar wants BJ or Pettis
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2