Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps

Go down 
+3
acccardinal12
OU
SOKO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps Empty
PostSubject: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:00 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/11/4/2538165/cesar-gracie-offers-bj-penn-a-chance-to-unite-camps#storyjump

"I'm watching this guys fight and I'm very impressed with his abilities, number one. Not a lot of guys can stand up like that with a Nick Diaz and not a lot of guys can win a round like that.I see the heart that BJ has but I see, well, wait a minute, how come a guy with this much heart with this much technique and natural god given ability, why isn't it happening for him now."

"What's wrong here is the stuff around him. I don't know his coaches or anything like that but for whatever reason it's not happening. This guy is coming into a fight and it's not that he is totally out of shape, but he is not in world class shape and that's what it takes these days to make it to the upper levels of fighting."

"I've had a relationship with BJ since he was 16 years old, so I obviously always like the kid, always knew of his talent. He's a genuine person; he's a guy that fights with his heart. He's not a steroid user like a lot of these guys he's not a cheater and you know there's respect for a guy like that."

"I think the joining of our camps, of our teams together, a sort of coalition would benefit him incredibly and it would benefit us too. Guys like BJ Penn, Reagan Penn, Nick and Nathan, you know, Gilbert Melendez all the guys on our team would benefit from having those guys around. He's got too much talent to quit right now and he needs to get with some world class athletes and this is the perfect opportunity, the time is ticking and it's time to do it."

"It's just a good fit, everyone is talking about BJ's cardio, Nick, Nathan and Gilbert, these guys are the kings of cardio, and they do not get tired. BJ has to change some things up, he's gotta change his diet up a little bit too. BJ has been running off talent and talent alone and that's not good enough to make it these days."

"BJ' best days are in front of him. This is a wonderful opportunity to turn the page and look towards the future. He can rewrite his whole future right now, he can do it. This a formal invitation. I talked to Nathan Diaz just a few minutes ago because he is one of the guys I haven't discussed this with yet and he said ‘absolutely!' Nick Diaz told BJ not to quit after the fight because BJ was talking about quitting and that really upset Nick because this guy just gave him a war and he's thinking the same thing I am thinking, No way don't quit."

"For the cause of saving MMA in the world these guys need to get together because people are inspired by that kind of fighting and if we keep having these other guys that just want to hold you and not fight it's going to destroy the sport that we love that we have been involved with our whole lives."

Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:01 pm

I say why not its just what bj needs some fresh guys around him that can push him as far as he can go. Like he said bj has the skills as we all know he just needs a bigger gas tank.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah I saw this earlier, there is a video, I'll find it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:07 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:08 pm

I don't think this would hurt BJ at all. I hope he goes and trains with Cesar. Hopefully Regan does also because he has looked good in both fights I have seen him in. If his stand up is as good as his ground game he is gonna be a legit fighter one day.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:24 pm

I hoping BJ does it too but I don't know if he will, it would pump me up tho he's tried all this other shit why not this?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:25 pm

man, to train with Nick would be incredible with BJ. the guy has 4 gas tanks it seems lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:29 pm

I've been to Hawaii, hard place to leave. The problem is how can the Diaz bros get their bud through customs? How is the bud in Hilo?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Penn should do it...or if not them, somebody. He's not helping himself training with yes men and fighters far inferior to him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Penn should do it...or if not them, somebody. He's not helping himself training with yes men and fighters far inferior to him.

very true
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps   Cesar Gracie offers BJ to unite fight camps EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:57 am

[youtube]