Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" Empty
PostSubject: Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"   Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Anthony Pettis to Josh Thomson: I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are
If you thought Anthony Pettis was going to sit around for the winner of Ben Henderson vs. T.J. Grant, think again.

Pettis and Josh Thomson have been teasing an upcoming fight on Twitter, and Pettis told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday that he's on board with the idea.

"Thomson called me out," he said. "I'm never afraid to fight anyone, and I'm tired of waiting. If I'm supposed to be the best, then why not beat him in October? [It will] set me up for a title shot late this year or early next [year].

"Only bad thing is no one really knows who he is."

Thomson told Bleacher Report on Tuesday he asked the UFC for a fight against Pettis.

Pettis said the UFC has yet to officially offer him the fight against Thomson, but he added, "I don't see them not doing it." Both fighters seem to be targeting UFC 166 in Houston on Oct. 19, which will be headlined by Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos 3.

As for Pettis' health, "Showtime" said he returned to training on Tuesday and didn't feel any pain in his injured knee. He plans on sparring later Wednesday.

Pettis was scheduled to fight Jose Aldo for the UFC featherweight title on Aug. 3, but he was forced to withdraw from the fight due to a torn meniscus.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/10/4510802/anthony-pettis-to-josh-thomson-ill-fight-you-in-october-even-though

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"   Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:54 pm

I think it would be sweet justice for Pettis to lose to Josh this fall.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"   Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:12 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think it would be sweet justice for Pettis to lose to Josh this fall.

Me too. Someone should sit down to Pettis and explain to him Thompson was in the UFC when Pettis was still in high school and broke into the rankings years before he did. His cred is higher then yours brah.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"   Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Pretty lame fight. Josh will just try to spam takedowns that he won't do dick with
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"   Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Stupid fight. Pettis is better in every way. It's a waste of our time.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"   Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Cool. One of my posts went thru finally.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"   Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:59 pm

I don't know, Pettis has never erased any questions since Clay Guida beat him by being Clay Guida, a lot of guys with good wrestling could have shots at Anthony. Shane Roller is probably the only decorated wrestler Pettis has had any kind of success against and that was years ago, Shane has flamed out since that fight. Josh is not bad anywhere and is live in this one. He wasn't for so long and now again a top ranked fighter for no good reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"   Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are" Empty

Back to top Go down

Pettis to Thomson: "I'll fight you in October, even though no one knows who you are"
Page 1 of 1