Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy

Go down 
+3
captain organic
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy Empty
PostSubject: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Last edited by bobbitt15 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Wimp
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 pm

sux, thomson in the latter half of his career can't afford too many late pullouts of this sort. Sux for Blanco 2, though I imagine they can still get him a fight for that date.

Luckily there are a couple options in terms of quality undercard stuff to move onto the main card.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Throw Pat Healy back in there
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:23 am

Was looking forward to this fight, Healy'd be alright I guess, basically 2 weeks notice though, wonder if they scrap it and move it.

Other guys you could bring in are like Fodor (kind of too good a prospect to bring in on short notice), Evangelista or Green. Not many options.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 am

LA wrote:
Was looking forward to this fight, Healy'd be alright I guess, basically 2 weeks notice though, wonder if they scrap it and move it.

Other guys you could bring in are like Fodor (kind of too good a prospect to bring in on short notice), Evangelista or Green. Not many options.

there is a challengers on the 23rd I think. After that not much going on on the SF calender.

Evangelista would be a nice option.

Is Noons booked for anything?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 am

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

there is a challengers on the 23rd I think. After that not much going on on the SF calender.

Evangelista would be a nice option.

Is Noons booked for anything?
What about Justin Wilcox?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

Wilcox seems like a guy that would jump in on short notice too.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 am

I think fighters would be more willing to jump in if the fight were on showtime. So I wonder if that is kept on the table by SF.

On the other hand, Cavalcante, Kyle and Cyborg might get bent if a blanco vs Wilcox type fight got billing over themselves.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 am

captain organic wrote:
I think fighters would be more willing to jump in if the fight were on showtime. So I wonder if that is kept on the table by SF.

On the other hand, Cavalcante, Kyle and Cyborg might get bent if a blanco vs Wilcox type fight got billing over themselves.
I think either JZ or Wilcox will just love to be back fighting and on TV, after how that fight ended.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:42 am

bambam is tweeting and practically begging SF to let him fill in
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Wanted to see this one. Sucks. SF does have a lot of LWs that can fill in here though.

Evangilista, Fodor, Wilcox to name a few.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:11 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

is wilcox Bam Bam?

Im thinking whoever fills in, this fight goes to HDNet, Feijao gets the call up.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 pm

captain organic wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

is wilcox Bam Bam?

Im thinking whoever fills in, this fight goes to HDNet, Feijao gets the call up.
Pat Healy
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm

ah, hope they let him fill in.

But that is a guaranteed HDnet fight if it happens.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:30 pm

captain organic wrote:
ah, hope they let him fill in.

But that is a guaranteed HDnet fight if it happens.
yup, pretty much
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy 932do

auch
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:15 am

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:09 am

yessir!!! BAMBAM!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:53 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/1/2397995/strikeforce-pat-healy-accusing-maximo-blanco-steroid-use
Blanco's first fight in the States, and all but accused the latter of drug use:

Matt Bishop: Do you think this being his first fight in the cage can be a big factor for you?

Pat Healy: Yeah, I think that's a huge factor. If you've never fought in a cage before, it's a lot different than a ring. It's also his first time fighting in the States where they have athletic commissions who drug test for steroids, I think that'll be a big thing for him, too. Yeah. All that's going to affect him, I believe.

Matt Bishop: OK, I have to dig deeper on this one. So you mention his first time fighting with a commission, where they test for steroids. I can't say you're beating around the bush there, it seems like you're pretty much coming out and saying it.

Pat Healy: Well, you know, I've heard a lot of rumors. I think a lot of those PRIDE guys when they came over, they had their first performances, and you can look at all the top PRIDE guys, a lot of them came to the UFC and lost the first time and looked like they were gassed and tired and you know, I think it had a lot to do with the athletic commissions doing drug tests out here. You look at the size difference with a lot of those PRIDE guys when they were back in their hype, they looked a little bit unnatural, if you will,
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 pm

This dude sounds loads insecure. Shutchyocumsuckinmouth!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Speak the truth Pat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy   Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy Empty

Back to top Go down

Thomson injured; out of Blanco fight- replaced by Healy
Page 1 of 1