Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis

Go down 
+7
oggy420
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
jewzilla
Ninja
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis Empty
PostSubject: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:55 am

According to his manager they don't think Pettis deserves the shot and are refusing to fight him. DFW simply says he's going to fight him or they aren't going to like the way this ends up
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:59 am

Hmm to be fair on Aldo there is a couple challengers out there in his division, Lamas for example.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:59 am

Well, knocking out Donald never won a big fight Cerrone at 155 doesnt really mean you deserve a shot at a 145 title.

I'd also like to see them call DFW's bluff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 am

The Champion defends his title against whoever the UFC says. They are an employee not the fucking boss.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 am

Some one is scared. He doesn't think Pettis deserves to fight him, but a two loss Frankie does? Hypocrite much?

Last edited by Ninja on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 am

Ninja wrote:
Some one is scared. He doesn't think Pettis deserve to fight him, but a two lose Frankie does? Hypocrite much?

AGREED!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 am

Dana just said Machida gets Jones-Sonnen winner.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:05 am

Ninja wrote:
Some one is scared. He doesn't think Pettis deserve to fight him, but a two lose Frankie does? Hypocrite much?

Nigga please
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:05 am

Maybe because Frankie held the LW title. I don't really care about their rationale though the fight will happen and Pettis will win
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

freakzilla wrote:
The Champion defends his title against whoever the UFC says. They are an employee not the fucking boss.

Now this is rich coming from a GSP fan.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:08 am

freakzilla wrote:
Dana just said Machida gets Jones-Sonnen winner.

Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5t4lKMLWi_V42ipj-gxU6_sHjDAcAchwYTbKxRUgVEr98UI21
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Maybe because Frankie held the LW title. I don't really care about their rationale though the fight will happen and Pettis will win

Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis 220px-Odb_-_nigga_please
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 am

I hope it's just Aldo posturing for more money but at the same time I'd love to see someone stand up to Dana and tell him to fuck off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 am

Ali* wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Please explain.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 am

freakzilla wrote:
Ali* wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Please explain.

Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis John-Hendricks
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 am

freakzilla wrote:
Ali* wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Please explain.

Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh_WRFcNmz9AEKJpiB5H30E1Q2b_hmUx-cOoXvibY90W68t_J2
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:23 am

Dana: So eh George we've got the super fight with Silva we'd really like to make but there's also Hendricks the WW #1 contender who's been knocking people out which one would you prefer ?

GSP: I'd like to fight Nick Diaz next

Dana: Say what ?

GSP: I was not impressed with Hendricks performance against Fish and Kampman and I also felt Koscheck beat him.

Dana: But what about the mega fight with Silva

GSP: Oh no now I need to change my undearwear, look what you done Dana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 am

The fight with Silva has nothing to do with this. I said they should defend THEIR TITLE against whoever the UFC wants. If Silva comes down to 170 GSP will fight him.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 am

freakzilla wrote:
The fight with Silva has nothing to do with this. I said they should defend THEIR TITLE against whoever the UFC wants. If Silva comes down to 170 GSP will fight him.

Still doesn't change the fact the UFC said Hendricks and GSP said no I want Diaz, so I really don't see how you can sit there and talk about Aldo's choice when GSP did exactly the same thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:02 am

Ali* wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Still doesn't change the fact the UFC said Hendricks and GSP said no I want Diaz, so I really don't see how you can sit there and talk about Aldo's choice when GSP did exactly the same thing.

He said he would prefer Diaz and Dana said ok. If Dana said no Hendricks I don't think GSP would've argued.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 am

Pettis should just wait for Gil/Bendo. He will be champ. Aldo can fight cub or lamas then move to 155. That is unless Dana is all in for Pettis/Aldo. Pettis at 145 just hasn't felt right to me since I heard about it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am

Another Brazilian champ trying to choose his fights... You fight whose in front of you and shut up little man! He was perfectly fine with Edgar getting a shot...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:34 pm

I don't care if they do or don't fight. There are arguments each way and in the end there are going to be some good fights no matter which one happens. Pettis has a title shot now know matter what at either division or LW at worst.

Like when the UFC puts out gate numbers, I'm skeptical of any of these types of statements from Dana, he is promoting, plain and simple, he has to make news by giving something. He is stirring the pot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm a big Aldo fan, but he sounds like a pussy. If he even gets a little bit of a PPV buy then he's passing up a bigger payday with Showtime easily being a bigger draw than Lamas.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm

yea this comes across as Aldo being scared. Im not really down with the whole give a guy a title shot with his first fight in the weight class thing even if he is a stud like Pettis, but that seems to be the norm now so Aldo better get used to it. This could get interesting. Aldo doesn't exactly seem like he's one of those "put the promotion first" guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis   Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana says Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next