Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any Bones Fans Left?

Go down 
+12
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
Ludo
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
captain organic
Cu Bu
josh200612
KingsOwn19
OU
Farmer1906
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Any Bones Fans Left? Empty
PostSubject: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Quick straw poll before the fight?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:23 pm

I still enjoy watching him fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Capt
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:27 pm

I'll never deny the mans ability, and i favor him tommorow though i'm rooting for Rampage of course....but the Rashad debacle and now spying on Rampage's camp. Hard to root FOR the guy.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:28 pm

There's like two or three on here including ou.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:32 pm

OU wrote:
I still enjoy watching him fight.

Well who wouldn't if your a fight fan? I enjoy watching the Diaz brothers fight, but I cannot stand either of them in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:43 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I'll never deny the mans ability, and i favor him tommorow though i'm rooting for Rampage of course....but the Rashad debacle and now spying on Rampage's camp. Hard to root FOR the guy.

that an his contrite eye cutting and smirks.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Love him. The "bones is a douche" sentiment is a train that ran totally out of control.

What did the guy do exactly? His willingness to fight shad got everyone in a tizzy, which is ridiculous.

Then getting hurt? Seriously?

compare his actions to fan favorites page, Penn, Brock, and my man bones comes out looking rosy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:52 pm

What did Penn do that was sooo bad?

To the death?

Last i checked, it was not him who had a back covered with grease.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:58 pm

there were signs of doucheness before the shad fiasco
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:03 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
What did Penn do that was sooo bad?

To the death?

Last i checked, it was not him who had a back covered with grease.

mom in the court room? And yeah to the death. Im whatever on it. But Im not the guy with the double standard.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:06 pm

So he's a mommas boy...big whoop. Sure beats being a benedict arnold and a SPY
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:07 pm

He needs to "get his face put on backwards" to borrow a phrase from Jordan Breen
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
there were signs of doucheness before the shad fiasco

Please. Dude goes out and beats the shit out of his opponent, fight in, fight out. Yet people are not fans cause at 22 he acts immature at times?

Dude never brought his mom to court, never said "to the death" and quit in between rnds, never went on a drunken car chase with cops, never got up in the grill of a pulverized opponent, "can u hear me know?", the whole Chael sonnen ridiculousness.

And again, whatever on all that, Im a fan of Penn, Im a fan of Page, Im a big fan of Bones.

These are fights, he puts on some of best fights Ive ever seen.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Not a fan. If he never said a word that was recorded or published he would be likeable but he does and gives most people an easy enough reason to root against him. Between Vlad and Bader fight I had him figured out. Better at being a fighter than being likable.

I was cautious of him early, as is easy to do because you only have limited glimpses of the person at that stage, but he fought great so great. Around the Janitor and Vera fight he started opening up a little more and after the Janitor fight it was apparent, he loves himself more than most. His bitching about who he fought and contradicting how he fought them with how he says he fought them, then bitching about fighting Bader revealed him to be the little brat diva he is. After the Bader fight, well, the cat was out of the bag on the dude.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Spy? Page pulls out some bogus excuse making, and Bones gets the negative press. Shad was fingered in this business as well.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:14 pm

I didnt really notice anything douchy about Bones until a few days before the Shogun fight. He handed that Matt Hamill BS with class and was pretty humble despite how far he was going so fast at such a young age...but it went to his head.

Maybe i should have been more quick to recognize. I'm usually good at spotting a snake in the grass but it took the knife in the back of Evans for me to see Bones.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:24 pm

people bitch when guys don't want to fight each other. And then they bitch when a guy says "yeah ill fight".

this anti Jones rhetoric could not be more overblown.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:26 pm

I thought the initial beef with Rashad was Evan's fault and a fan overreaction, but when he ducked him I started to turn against Bones. Now the spying shit. He is just weird. A part of me wants to come to his defense though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I thought the initial beef with Rashad was Evan's fault and a fan overreaction, but when he ducked him I started to turn against Bones. Now the spying shit. He is just weird. A part of me wants to come to his defense though.

Exactly my point. Bones got injured, thus he's a douche. guys get injured b4 every event, yet Bones? The guy who just clobbered Rua, and everyone else he has fought? Yeah he's ducking Shad.

Evans was also fingered in the spygate.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:33 pm

And since Kings brought it up, add the cheating greaser to the list of guys on the other side of the double standard.

Throw on the convicted roid users as well.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 pm

captain organic wrote:
Dude never brought his mom to court, never said "to the death" and quit in between rnds, never went on a drunken car chase with cops, never got up in the grill of a pulverized opponent, "can u hear me know?", the whole Chael sonnen ridiculousness.

No, he just betrayed a teammate, fractured an entire coaching staff, pulled the race card, denied spying then later admitted to doing it, and is still talking shit about an opponent he ducked.

At least BJ, Rampage, and Sonnen all manned up to fight whoever.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 pm

captain organic wrote:
people bitch when guys don't want to fight each other. And then they bitch when a guy says "yeah ill fight".

this anti Jones rhetoric could not be more overblown.

I never bitched about teammates not fighting eachother and never will. I don't mind if they do, if it's a mutual, in team agreement with nobody getting forced out which i'm guessing GSP-Condit is. I was in full of support of Lyoto/Silva not fighting each other when everybody was pissing about them saying they won't fight eachother. I support the team concept and so do pretty much all MMA fighters(majority, especially in the UFC) who would not fight their teammates or even hint at it and would not sign on to a team that had an agreement not to do that. So i'm not using a double standard to crap on your boy.

The fact that Rashad was willing to leave a division he was the #1 contender in and go non and on about how he would never fight Jones...and lets not forget Jones was saying the same thing for the longest time so it's not a case of Shad going around saying shit when he did not know Jones felt the same way. Jones said the same shit and then all of a sudden he started saying something different not only making Evans look like a chump, but forcing him out of his team and creating a situation where Shad is going up against a guy who has Evans old coaches to his disposal, not to mention all the training Bones got with Evans. Evans bent over backwards for this guy and Jones spit in his face. Its low and you are in a small small small minority that think it's a no deal.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Jones is an obvious d-bag. Is it really hard to understand why people don't want to root for him if they don't like him? Not everyone decides they only root for a winner, a lot of people actually root for people based on them being people. If fighters were robots, than yeah, love Jones, he isn't, he is a dude thus capable of making people like or not like him because of the type of dude he shows people, and he seems pretty good at making people not like him. But like said before, rather Jones said, only insecure people are not Bones fans.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:40 pm

I loved him when he beat Shogun and he hasnt really done much sense but now I hate him. Weird i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Bones Fans Left?   Any Bones Fans Left? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Bones Fans Left?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next