Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many fights do I have left?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

How many fights do I have left? Empty
PostSubject: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:32 am

Randy Couture - I'm going to say Randy has 3+ fights left. Machida will be one, and I expect Randy to get finished. After that he'll get some winnable fight, like a Tito. Following they'll be at least one more "pushed" contender style fight, at worst a retirement fight.

Matt Hughes - It tough to gauge where Matt's head is at, but I'm going to say 2-3 more fights, I think 3 is tops. He may get a guy like Serra again, or whoever, but after that he'll probably have to face another tougher younger fighter. Matt wants to spend time with his family and on his farm, can't see him pushing his career if he knows it's slowed down.

Fedor Emelianenko - Not sure how Fedor and M-1 will react to Zuffa's purchase of SF still. Yes they'll keep fights for SF fighters in SF (at least for a little while), but he has no fights scheduled and now Zuffa is in control. At this moment, no clue, I'll say 2-5.

Dan Henderson - Not too many signs of slowing down at his age. Dan is a legend and a beast, I'll say 6+ fights, Dan has a lot left.

BJ Penn - BJ always talks and people always talk about him retiring, but BJ still has years of fights left in him, even if his head isn't always there. Yes he's been at it for a long time, but I think BJ has at worst 4+ fights left in him.

Mirko Cro Cop - Another legend, but one who seems to have his head less in the game then the other guys listed. I always hope we'll yes vintage Mirko, but it hasn't happened in a while. The Schaub fight could be a big influence in this, a loss and that could be it. I'm going to say 1+ fights left win or lose.

Big Nog - How faced a guy goes from Champion to looking shot, but Nog still has fights left in him. He'll get some good matchups for him, think he has 3+ fights left.

Brock Lesnar - People always want to act like Brock is going to run away from the game, but I think he has more dedication to MMA then that. He's lost tough once, and hopefully learned from it. Brock may or may not beat JDS, but evens if he loses he'll get a guy like Mir again after that. I'm putting Brock at, at least 3+ more fights.

Add anyone else I didn't mention..
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:02 am

Couture has less than 5 fights left. I don't think his retirement is as imminent as many people think, but i think he'll suffer a pretty brutal loss that will scream "Retire already!". I'm hoping that is against Machida.

Matt Hughes has 6-7. I think he'll be around for a few more years.

Word is Fedor has been wanting to retire for a couple fights now, even before he took the loss to Werdum. I think it's his contract to M-1 keeping him fighting at this point. I don't think his heart is in MMA anymore. 1-2 fights.

I think Dan Henderson will fight into his mid 40's. He does not really rely on athleticism and quickness. He may have to rely on his Greco more, but his one punch KO power coupled with his wrestling..i think he finish his career more legendary than Couture..NOTE: I already view Dan Henderson as more legendary than Couture..but he'll get more recognition for it. Dan is not finishing up or slowing down anytime soon.

BJ Penn. As a full time fighter...i'll say 6-7. I think BJ still has several years left but he'll eventually scale back to one fight here and there like a Renzo Gracie.

CroCop - Not sure. i'll say 6.

Nog- A couple. I think we'll see Big Nog and Fedor retire in 2-3 years. Nog seems to already be more in coach mode anyway. I do see Nog taking a fight every now and then, but nothing to truly consider him an active fighter...like another Renzo Gracie.

Brock- I'll give him a couple more years. Style matchup considered, i think he has a strong chance of beating JDS and getting another shot at the title...but Brock simply isnt going to have a long run of dominance and he's not one to stick with anything for very long. He's a multi-millionaire now. He'll have thje money, and the back up plan(wrestling) to make walking away at the right time easier.

It's really hard to imagine any MMA fighter actually retiring since so many can't walk away. I still think we'll see Chuck Liddell return to the cage for the right matchup.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:05 am

I'll add

Anderson Silva

Tito Ortiz

Takanori Gomi

Kazushi Sakuraba

Shane Carwin

i predict later..i got to sleep.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:10 am

Nice thoughts, hope we can see some of those guys that long, not sure about a couple.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:35 am

If CroCop were to get finished Saturday, I think it may be the end
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 am

A Silva is a big one. I remember people arguing that he would hang em up at the conclusion of his current deal. He has to be nearing that point, yet no recent whispers.

Hopefully 10 more fights for Spider.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Randy will retire if he loses badly. Likely calls it a career if and when Machida blows his head off. It's a damage absorption, quality of life post fighting type thing at this stage.

Fedor possibly 2. If he makes it to the UFC and finds success, maybe more.

Big Nog at least four, unless he gets flattened again when he returns.

Hendo has five left I bet, but like with all of these guys, a sudden losing streak could change things.

Tito retires(gets retired by Dana) if he loses his next fight. If he wins, a couple more.

Same story as most of these guys for fighters like Wandy and Babalu too. Future bad losses mean a near retirement.

Brock may retire if JDS beats him badly. Now that he isn't shielded from the other upper tier UFC HW's, and will soon have to deal with an influx of five or so guys from Strikeforce that can handle him, it's about time for him to move on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Anderson will bow out once his athletic gifts start to fade noticably. Has that already begun? Not sure, but I don't see Anderson standing and trading with next-gen fighters when his fast twitch muscles and chin start to fail him ala Liddell.

Rampage may not have a lot of bouts left either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many fights do I have left?   How many fights do I have left? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many fights do I have left?
Page 1 of 1