Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who is really left for Gil?

Go down 
+5
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
throwdownfight1
captain organic
Ninja
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Who is really left for Gil? Empty
PostSubject: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 am

Besides maybe KJ coming down to 155, I see no one on the radar at all...what the hell is he going to do for the next two years?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:44 am

JZ vs Aoki for next shot.

KJ vs Thomson for soon thereafter.

Healy, Wilcox, Gamebread, Fodor mini tourney for 3rd in line.

Of coarse Frankie vs Gil could be inserted at any point.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 am

I think a fight between him and kj would be awesome. Gil would be like diaz and would keep it standing just to prove that he can for the early part of the fight then would come the elbowsbon the ground. But yeah, thats about it. A rubber match with josh would be pointless
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:49 am

Eh I am not to down on seeing Aoki vs JZ 3...Aoki would win and we all know that he offers little to Gil. Thomson/Noons would a great fight though. Wilcox has tons of potential just not ready for Gil right yet. Needs to be groomed a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:53 am

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Eh I am not to down on seeing Aoki vs JZ 3...Aoki would win and we all know that he offers little to Gil. Thomson/Noons would a great fight though. Wilcox has tons of potential just not ready for Gil right yet. Needs to groomed a little bit more.

hence the mini tourney. win a couple more impressively and I'd think there be good interest in that fight. For any of those 4 really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 12:22 pm

To save face about the UFC stealing their talent they can say the 2 companies have agreed to a trade of Melendez and Mousasi for Condit and Franklin. That way Melendez joins the UFC LW division and Mousasi can get a fresh start while Franklin and Condit give their MW and WW divisions new contenders.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:04 pm

No upper-level UFC fighters are getting downgraded to SF

Coker said possibly Wilcox and Masvidal fight and maybe the winner is next in line for Gil. Not sure about that, but they do have some decent talent there. Problem is we've already seen Gil-Aoki/Thomson
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:18 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Coker said possibly Wilcox and Masvidal fight and maybe the winner is next in line for Gil. Not sure about that, but they do have some decent talent there. Problem is we've already seen Gil-Aoki/Thomson

Gil Thomson is 1-1 though, both very good fights, and the 2nd one has the stigma of Thomson ring rust hanging over it.

But Josh needs to win one b4 we get to that.

Gil vs Aoki, is a fight that is more easily argued against, especially in a cage again(so maybe SF's initial foray into Japan?)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:22 pm

With Strikeforce a part of Zuffa now there will be no talk of Melendez-Alvarez at all. Melendez is way too good for the rest of the division and is improving at a great rate.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:28 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Gil Thomson is 1-1 though, both very good fights, and the 2nd one has the stigma of Thomson ring rust hanging over it.

But Josh needs to win one b4 we get to that.

Gil vs Aoki, is a fight that is more easily argued against, especially in a cage again(so maybe SF's initial foray into Japan?)

Yeah I wouldn't mind see a third fight although Thomson most likely losing to JZ and getting ragdolled by Crusher kind of took some of the luster off of that. They just need to get some of these guys active again...what the hell is going on with Noons? Diaz has already fought twice since then. JZ? Where is he?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Noons did have to heal up more then Diaz did. And Diaz is fighting every 3 months. hard to keep up with that pace.

where is JZ is the bigger question. He complained about a lack of fight a couple months ago.

No doubt both guys need a fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm sure Aussie George wouldn't argue about heading to Strikeforce and I'd love to see Gilbert Melendez vs Jim Miller.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Maybe Anthony Pettis and Gilbert Melendez can unify the WEC and Strikeforce titles if Pettis beats Guida?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:42 pm

I personally think Aoki rematch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Hopefully K.J Noons is next.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Gamebred for sure, maybe Aoki again. But in which order is the question? I still think it's too bad Thompson couldn't beat Crusher in Japan. His last fight with Gil was great and he was on his way to beating him again until he started getting kneed in the nuts a bunch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 pm

Aoki is only interesting if its a SF foray into Japan honestly
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:59 am

I think some are looking at the wrong UFC LW for Gil. How about....

Jim Miller, no fights booked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:28 am

LA wrote:
I think some are looking at the wrong UFC LW for Gil. How about....

Jim Miller, no fights booked

I already said that last page.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:40 am

We wait until someone legit says something to recognize it.

I'm bad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:13 am

And very unfunny.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:20 am

To one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:24 am

To all.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:50 am

Nah to Freak, don't make me dig up LOL posts...

But why get up for the Cavs when I can talk with the Lakers around here...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:54 am

Night, expecting hilarity when I check the board after work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is really left for Gil?   Who is really left for Gil? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is really left for Gil?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next