Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC RIO thoughts/rate it

Go down 
+8
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
oggy420
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
throwdownfight1
KingsOwn19
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Well...
10- Best evah
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
9- Fun, memorable, worthy of DVD purchase
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
8 - Above average with a few rewatchable fights
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_lcap33%UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
7 - Satisfactory
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
6 - It was OK
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
5 - I don't know man
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
4 - Not PPV worthy
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 - Not a single good fight
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2 - UFC 97 levels of sucktitude
 0% [ 0 ]
1 - Fuck this org
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:49 am

yeah, weird indeed
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:52 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Dana handed Anderson the belt after the fight.

Yeah I must of just missed him then, I saw Sores and other than that it looked pretty empty in there. Dana is usually there to put the belt around his waist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:27 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 PalharesMiller134

lol! D'oh.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:13 pm

ali i added your sig. pay up homersexal
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
It was ok. I mean if one is a Pride fan boy it was an awesome night and worthy of a 10, if you want to see good fights? It sucked quite a bit.

Okami forgot to take the fight to Spider, didn't work hard in the clinch and therefore was overmatched, how is that fun?

Forrest looked horrible and Shogun looked a little flabby, not quite a lot of fun.

Schaub did get exposed, which is sad in some ways, but it was the feel good story of the night, because a lot of people, including myself, had written Nog off. I still think this was his Chuck moment in the Wandy vs Liddell fight and will decline from here.

Pearson vs Barboza was no fun to watch. Watch the stout Limey chase jungle boy for 15 minutes. All in all, not too much fun, but all the prelims on FB and Spike helped ease the thing.

Silva is the GOAT!

Hmmm, i counter that with you would likely have to be a PRIDE hater and troll of "PRIDE fanboys" to NOT enjoy UFC: Rio. The fact that the PRIDE guys are still having thangs against the TUF boyz rained on the card for you. This likely why you picked all the PRIDE alum to lose on this card
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:35 pm

No Kings, that is not why I picked what I picked. I picked Okami because he works hard in the clinch and I thought he would be smart enough to have just attacked from beginning to end, instead of waiting to counter-punch the best counter-puncher in the sport. He was stupid and my divisional picks reflect that.

Forrest was chosen because I used math instead of logic in this match. I saw a revenge match and the fact it would be on Rua's home turf as two negatives against Forrest winning. Mathematics wise, to negs, make a positive. My bad...

Schaub over Nog? This is the best Nog has looked any a long time. He couldn't even put Randy away for Christ sake and that is with good sub attempts. I figured the younger cat would tag him hard once, stumble him and then go for the kill. BTW, most people in the world chose Schaub, so it is not like I am alone.

Honestly I would have just liked more competetive fights, but they seemed so lopsided by the end of the night. This whole, domination thing seemed, boring. I don't take this shit personally when my guys lose and I rarely make bullshit excuses when they do. I didn't make excuses for Kenflo when he lost to BJ or Maynard and that is my main guy.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:59 pm

read - asshurt all my picks lost
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:12 pm

Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 PalharesMiller134

lol! D'oh.

Palhares claims that Miller verbally quit but the ref said he didn't hear it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Palhares is deaf!!!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:20 pm

timthebim wrote:
Palhares is deaf!!!

I think he hears voices, a little demônio in his ear that tells him to do idiotic things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:20 pm

timthebim wrote:
Palhares is deaf!!!

Don't you mean delusional? Maybe Herb Dean is deaf?
Back to top Go down

GDPofDRC wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Palhares is deaf!!!

I think he hears voices, a little demônio in his ear that tells him to do idiotic things.

Lol, I agree.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Palhares is a cocksucker. I refuse to even refer to him as Paul Harris anymore
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:49 pm

ahaha
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Wolf it is what it is. I will rebound later and no sweat. I am glad you guys thought it was awesome. That explains the vigorous defense of Strikeforce through the years...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Serious haterism on Paul Harris.

So he's an idiot...the guy is an awesome fighter
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 pm

No denying he is a beast, but he sees dead people and has an axe named Otis that a flying mule with gave him one christmas after he ate the red and blue pill.

Give him Sonnen. That would be great. Sonnen has experience with bat shit Brazilians in Filho.

I still think his nonsense cost him huge against Nate. I think he could of won that fight if he kept fighting. The pudding? Nate fought miller right? Well Paul Hairline beat Miller twice in one night! Bingo.

Beating Miller puts him back to that level of fighting a guy like Nate, a top ten guy. And it's not like he hasn't been there before either, he gave Hendo 15 hard fought minutes a few years back, more than anyone, well more than I, was expecting.

I wish I could 100% comprehend Portuguese just to be able to get a read on the guy, the language barrier doesn't let me feel like I know how nuts or sane he really is. He certainly has little need for refs. Got him self suspended for not releasing a hold, then stops a fight mid fight, then does it again jumping on the cage! I need to be watching these fights with Don Frye, it sucks that I'm not.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:33 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Serious haterism on Paul Harris.

So he's an idiot...the guy is an awesome fighter

Sorry, delivering some cheap shots after the bell just because your dumbass declared yourself the winner in a fight doesn't fly for me. He should've lost a point in the 2nd round too. Its something new everytime this guy fights. He's a retard
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:37 pm

Wouldn't you like to see cahel teach him a lesson?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Chael has bigger things to worry about than a dude who now claims Dan Miller as his biggest UFC win in 8 fights
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Twice! Beat Dan Miller twice. But it would be smarter probably to steer clear.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
No denying he is a beast, but he sees dead people and has an axe named Otis that a flying mule with gave him one christmas after he ate the red and blue pill.

Give him Sonnen. That would be great. Sonnen has experience with bat shit Brazilians in Filho.

I still think his nonsense cost him huge against Nate. I think he could of won that fight if he kept fighting. The pudding? Nate fought miller right? Well Paul Hairline beat Miller twice in one night! Bingo.

Beating Miller puts him back to that level of fighting a guy like Nate, a top ten guy. And it's not like he hasn't been there before either, he gave Hendo 15 hard fought minutes a few years back, more than anyone, well more than I, was expecting.

I wish I could 100% comprehend Portuguese just to be able to get a read on the guy, the language barrier doesn't let me feel like I know how nuts or sane he really is. He certainly has little need for refs. Got him self suspended for not releasing a hold, then stops a fight mid fight, then does it again jumping on the cage! I need to be watching these fights with Don Frye, it sucks that I'm not.

He's definetly the enigma of the UFC MW division.

I think he could beat Sonnen. Sonnen would not really be able to install the same strategy that he did with Filho. Paulo has not explosivness and can't strike. Palhares is atleast on par with Sonnen in the standup to the point where Sonnen probably wouldnt look to keep him standing the whole fight and let's face it...there is more than a few guys at MW who can tap Sonnen. Sonnen is the dangerous matchup for Anderson...yet, somebody like Palhares would have a great chance to beat him.

Everybody acts like Sonnen would trash all these guys, yet anybody with an average sub game can beat him.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:42 am

finally got my power back up this morning.

Saw a headline on linker telling me Silva beat Okami, then like Bobbit, had the rua and nog fights ruined by goldie. So I will not rate it.

Seemed like alot of fun though, def agree that the atmosphere in the arena was great, and complaining about KO's, wtf?

Silva in a no surprise, outclass-his-opponent fight. would have at least like to have seen Okami try for a straight takedown. It is the one area that may be a Silva weakspot. He is in the same camp as Chael for christs sake.

Shogun doing what we all expected in their first go. Though again, because it was such quick work we cannot tell if stamina could have been an issue, was this actually rua at 100%? Glad it was not an issue. Im wondering if Gump is now a little shop worn.

As far as Nog actually looking good in that fight? didn't see that. Got the big W, good for him, but that dude is not a top of the line hwy anymore. Oddly enough I didn't see schaub as exposed either. dude, was looking pretty good actually, and then got caught.

Do agree with Harris as the enigma. He is a head scrathcer, one way or another he's in the middle of controversy. also agree that he gives Chael major problems.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:02 pm

Real talk:

Quote :
Shogun still looked chubby luckily he faced a punching bag in Forrest, that was a "lets get him a win" fight. I wanna see him against an actual top notch fighter again. Forrest has a win over a middleweight Franklin .. Im just saying I'd not go crazy over this win if I was a fan of shogun he needs a top end opponent win before we can say he's back. Forrest has barely beat Tito been knocked out twice recently and now 3x's. SO the win over a middleweight franklin is really the only thing he's pulled off since choking out Rua. Bones is the shiznit in the LHW division, most of the LHW's now cant go more then 2 or 3 rounds without looking like Shogun after 1 round. Shoguns 4-3 in the ufc not the best record by any means but he's fun to watch . I do believe they matched them up because Joe and Dana figured if shogun won he'd jump back into the mix(cause forrest is a hyped up product of the UFC) but if he lost he didnt have much left to be a top of the line fighter (cause forrest really isnt a top notch fighter). Beating forrest in the last 5 years isnt an accomplishment. Anderson is a notoriously slow starter so it is pretty much irrelevant that Shogun finished Griffin in half the time. BUT, you really cannot say Shogun looked good in brazil. He was in there for like 2 mins and he was alrdy gassing, he wasnt gassed, but he was well on his way.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC RIO thoughts/rate it   UFC RIO thoughts/rate it - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC RIO thoughts/rate it
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next